62a. The Lost Mattress

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

4,255 posts
$139 doubloons
Lol. I tried to make it hyperbolic to make it joke-y. Perhaps I should've made it more clear.

BrutalWreckage

104 posts
$972 doubloons
Pretty overrated episode. While it wasn't terrible, it didn't particularly grab my interest as it wasn't too funny, and I felt some of the jokes like Squidward getting attacked by the worm got old quite quickly. Plus, I didn't like how rude Squidward was to SpongeBob and Pat in the episode. I like some parts such as the mattress shopping sequence as well as the fact that Mr. Krabs's mattress is literally just used for the money, but all in all I find this to be an overrated and weaker episode of the first half of Season 4.

5.1/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,668 posts
$4,831 doubloons
This episode may be the first one I ever saw, and it holds a very special place in my heart. I get nostalgic every time I see it. In fact, I used to think it was a season 3 episode just for how many good gags and nice appeal there was all throughout this one. The Squid torture makes sense, I love it, and I think this one is really good.

MY CHOCOLATE LEG!

Barely here

482 posts
$716 doubloons
I think this is a pretty underrated episode. It's comedy is really good, it's not a Squidward torture episode like many of the episodes are after it. Everyone gets their comeuppance in the end. Also, while the episode does focus on Mr. Krabs's cheapness, it doesn't feel forced or extreme. It's a pretty neat concept for the show.

jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

1,311 posts
$594 doubloons
I like this one. This is one of the very few, if not the only post movie episode where it's actually satisfying to see Squidward get punished. It's also got a great plot, and there are some really funny jokes in this episode.

Ranking so far:
1. The Lost Mattress (A)
2. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
3. Shell of a Man (C)