244b. Pineapple RV

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
It was good, the title card music is amazing and the ending makes it up for squidward

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
seems so

it said this segment was made in 2002!

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I did like the episode. One thing I didn't like was that Squidward got beat up by the crowd because it wasn't his fault the plant died. They should've beaten up Patrick.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I did like the episode. One thing I didn't like was that Squidward got beat up by the crowd because it wasn't his fault the plant died. They should've beaten up Patrick.
Yea they should have, but it was nice to see Squidward view it in the end by himself with nobody else, serves them right

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I know it's not but this kinda had a "series finale" feel to it because Squidward got his happy ending

Makes me wonder in the future when this show DOES finally run out of steam, what the TRUE "series finale" would be

Will all the characters (SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Squidward, Plankton, Mrs. Puff, Pearl, Larry, Karen, and the Bikini Bottomites) get their happy endings?

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Okay here is to our first meh episode of season 12. Many flaws but decent. Squidward is happy at the end. But its a snoozefest.

Rating: Okay Episode

Rankings:
The Krusty Slammer (Great)
Gary & Spot (Great)
The Ballad of Filthy Muck (Good)
FarmerBob (Good)
Pineapple RV (Okay)
The Nitwitting (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Pineapple RV” is another one of those episodes that plays around with some foundational aspect of the show. It’s not one of the types that completely removes a foundational aspect (like “Home Sweet Pineapple”, for example), but rather this episode really just encapsulates the “playing around” phrasing I used a moment ago, as SpongeBob’s house is converted into an RV in this one, meaning we get the familiar location on the go. So, who’s ready for a road trip?

This episode begins with a gorgeous background alert, which is always a great way to start an episode. And this background is all throughout this beginning scene, so that’s another win for me. This scene’s got slapstick written all over it too, and I like it. I also thought that SpongeBob and Patrick chiding Squidward for a situation that they caused was funnier than I expected. I loved Patrick’s “tsk tsk tsk”, because I do the same thing. Also I loved the quick mention that Mr. Krabs is a cheapskate who doesn’t give his employees vacation time lol.

If this episode is about Squidward looking forward to his SpongeBob- and Patrick-free vacation, then you already know that he’s about to get that fantasy ripped away from him. And it is in the great scene of Squidward’s RV rolling away, safely coming to a stop after some wild stunts, only to be destroyed by a random anchor landing on it haha. And the “buff that out” joke was hilarious. Squidward doesn’t even have the energy to gt properly mad at the two’s idiocy, so he just goes home to cry about it. But SpongeBob and Patrick won’t give up, as they realize that they messed up (a win!). SpongeBob comes up with an idea to get Squidward the vacation he was so craving—turn his house into a new RV. Squidward’s dream while this is happening is great though, got some great visuals, and the screaming that occurs after is hilarious. Also great is the reveal that Gary is driving the RV. I love how Gary is always shown to be a great driver, he’s just a king like that.

It’s time for breakfast, which leads to a lot of shenanigans as the RV goes across a wooden bride. Poor Squidward can’t eat his pancakes in peace. Then it’s Patrick’s turn to drive. If you didn’t already think we were about to be launched into more chaos, you knew that it was coming the second Porous Pursuit started playing. This scene is great, and just really entertaining. And somehow, they make it to Porpoise Peak in one piece, and seemingly just in time, as the Warbling Waterlily looks ready to bloom. But with us only being 7 minutes into this episode, you have to wonder what exactly is going to happen to make Squidward miss this thing bloom.

Well, what happens is Patrick literally uproots the thing and gives it to Squidward, and the second it starts blooming it dies. It probably sounds like I didn’t like this, but I actually did, it was funny to me. Poor Squidward gets beat up by the rest of the people there, though, which is not as funny. Squidward’s just ready to go home, and while SpongeBob and Patrick relieve themselves, Squidward decides to leave them behind. I don’t even need to say that Squidward deserves what’s coming to him, because his guilt starts eating at him immediately, and he decides to go back for them. I love when Squidward’s still got a heart like this. The show rarely makes it so he doesn’t, but it’s still good to point it out.

When Squidward returns, he assumes that SpongeBob and Patrick are being mauled by a bunch of seabears, and swoops in to save them. See what I just said about Squidward having a heart? He was wrong about the mauling, and his heroics end up with him mauled, which is hilarious, but it was still sweet that he tried to save the day. This episode in general is a pretty good Squidward-SpongeBob-Patrick friendship episode. There’s a difference between these kinds of episodes and episodes where the trio simply interact in some way, just to be clear. Upon the trio’s return to Conch Street, Squidward expresses his sadness about not seeing the Warbling Waterlily, but it turns out that SpongeBob took the plant and repotted it, so Squidward’s able to see the thing bloom after all. And he plays along horribly with it, which makes SpongeBob and Patrick flee the scene. A win for Squidward, and a funny joke—great ending!

I thought “Pineapple RV” was a great episode. It’s got everything I want—humor, shenanigans, chaos, heartwarming moments, Gary being great, and good interactions with the entire trio. I liked every character in this episode. If there’s just one thing I didn’t like, it would be Squidward getting beaten up by the other flower-watchers, because that was a bit too insult to injury, but I don’t even mind it all that much. This is still for sure the best episode of season 12 so far.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

Back