61a. Fear of a Krabby Patty

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It's not an awful episode, but the humor in this episode is hit or miss for me and it kind of feels like a rehash of Graveyard Shift. This isn't when SpongeBob went downhill though. I actually think that it never went downhill. It's just that every season after 3 has been a mixed bag. 5/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Did anyone one else think this was a rip-off of Graveyard Shift? I mean, its not a bad episode, but I just think that way.

More

VIP
It's more of a rip-off of at least four episodes. (Graveyard Shift, Employee of the Month, Plankton!, and Welcome to the Chum Bucket)

But they had enough original ideas to make it unique and stand out, making it one of my favorite post-movie episodes

Also it was a big turning point in the show's history.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
Did anyone one else think this was a rip-off of Graveyard Shift? I mean, its not a bad episode, but I just think that way.
When I watched this episode as a kid, I already realized that this episode rips-off Graveyard Shift. Still pretty good episode.

Supmandude

Squog
I think the problem is the switch to 3D animation. I don't think it was a good decision at all as it changed the style of the show.
What are you talking about? It's clearly 2D. I also heard they were using 3D painting on the SpongeBob Wiki, but I have no idea what they meant there either. It's been digital inking and painting since Season 2 so it isn't that, but it's still very obviously 2D animation.

They're still drawing by hand with tablets, it's digital, but not 3D. But it has been digital since Season 2 so I really have no idea what you mean. The palettes of the characters do look a little paler, but that's it and it only seems to affect the Season 4 episodes and none from the later seasons.

More

VIP
Pretty solid Season 4 episode, it's on my top 30. This is really just like a S3 episode.

10/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
The animation for this is really weird, much like The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie.

More

VIP
Favorite Quote: "I arranged them into a piano!"

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Supmandude said:
What are you talking about? It's clearly 2D. I also heard they were using 3D painting on the SpongeBob Wiki, but I have no idea what they meant there either. It's been digital inking and painting since Season 2 so it isn't that, but it's still very obviously 2D animation.

They're still drawing by hand with tablets, it's digital, but not 3D. But it has been digital since Season 2 so I really have no idea what you mean. The palettes of the characters do look a little paler, but that's it and it only seems to affect the Season 4 episodes and none from the later seasons.
Yeah pretty much. Cels in the 1st season. Digital ink and paint afterwards and by the time they made "Pest of the West" they had started doing everything on Wacom tablets. Season 4 is when they changed the models of the characters to cut down on retake problems and also when they had a whole clean up department in place instead of the board artists cleaning up their own stuff.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Fear of a Krabby Patty

This episode was great. I liked dr. Lankton. The animation was kinda weird and scary. But that didn't bother me so much. It had some pretty good jokes. 8.5/10

Nincompoop

Part Computer or Something
This episode was a decent start to Season 4, though it isn't my favorite. IMO there are a lot better episodes from this season.
Some parts seemed to be trying too hard to be funny, such as when SpongeBob was freaking out over his Krabby Patty hallucinations. Though, it did have a lot of funny moments, such as the running joke with the piano and Squidward's "even my bags have bags!". Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
I just saw this one and I have to say, it is a good one. Good jokes some memorable moments, a kinda dumb premise, but it is executed well. I also like the use of visuals and music in it. However, some moments seem forced and the animation is off. IMO its an 8/10 .

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Great plot along with some solid jokes. It's a nice way to start off the post movie era. 8.5/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Probably my favourite post-movie episode and most likely in my top 10 episodes in general, too. This is right up there with the shows best, it had me laughing almost all the way through.

This still gets me every time:

SpongeBob: That's what I thought you said. Now, let me offer this as a rebuttal: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Top 5 material right here. Really witty episode with a great plethora of ROFL-worthy jokes.

Some of the best moments-
"...even my BAGS have BAGS!"
Old Man Jenkins flying across the screen
Dr. Lankton
SB pinching himself
SB's dream
the running gag with the piano

9/10

Back