• If you're of age and a U.S. citizen, remember to vote by November 3. Whether you're casting your ballot by mail, drop-off, or in-person, visit Vote.org to find information specific to your state and county of residence.

61a. Fear of a Krabby Patty

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This is the first episode I likely ever saw. I have very fond memories of it, and it holds up in a way. I really like some of the comedy that's spewed here and there, and the plot makes sense. It's basically a continuation of Graveyard shift with Plankton involved, it's not a bad idea. It has some good jokes, especially with Plankton, and SpongeBob isn't terrible. It's not the best first episode to ever see, but I still have my appreciation for it. I think it's good.

MY CHOCOLATE LEG!

Gary the Snail Supremacist
I really like the animation in this episode, I like the little stumps. I feel like this episode was a prelude to season 9b+ because of how expressive it is. It's a good plot, and it's filled with so many gags that it really feels at home in season 2 or 3.

It's a good episode. I think it was nice to see a change of pace. While the plot did seem similar to Graveyard Shift, I still think they handled it very still, and it gave us a good message.

Ranking so far:
1. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
This is one of the more gag centered episodes. Saying that it's also one of the better episodes of Season 4.
That's all I can really say.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
4. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
5. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)

sthom

the guy who draws the toons
I like this episode! The segments with Peter Lankton and Spongebob actually got a few laughs out of me. Decent!

7.5/10

BrendaMarzipan

Imitation Krab
I had Season 4 on DVD and curiously, i don't remember of ever watching that one, strange, isn't it?

So it was pretty fresh for me, and i have to say that, at first, it didn't amuse much, i thought the episode had pacing problems and not much going for it. I was ready to give it a B.

But then, upon re-watching it i found that it had much more to offer.

First, the animation: it's amazing, the characters are incredibly expressive when they need to be but there are also a lot of moments when they're more still, unlike the newer seasons which don't give you much time to breath and are just over-the-top all the time. I don't know exactly why that is, but if i had to put my finger on it, i'd say that it has to do with Alan Smart, it was his first episode as animation director since "Jellyfishing", a Season 1 episode. He continued to work on the show after that episode and, unfortunately, was credited in some "duds" like Krabby Road - which is not a bad episode, but is not well-animated - and others.

He also worked on Ren & Stimpy, which would easily explain that sequence of expressions that just scream John Kricfalusi to me:

The story is not complex or anything but as a leftover from Season 3 it's still creative and gives a lot of room for comedy, which the episode explores nicely.

Not all the gags/ jokes work, which to me gives a very Season 3 vibe to it. Pre-movie was not only about getting everything right, it was always about taking risks. The gags that DO work are super funny, like the guy being like "Sure. I don't know. Why not? Oh, okay. Sure.", i love that bit.

Overall it's a very enjoyable episode that i can see myself coming back to a lot of times more in the future. I think it deserves a A-.