60b. Pranks A Lot

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This is a good example of an average episode of SpongeBob. Not saying that the episode is a 5/10 type of average, but most SpongeBob episodes (at least during this era) were good quality. This episode has plenty of gags, most hit the mark, and the plot is interesting as well as impossible, which is what I like to see from SpongeBob.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
it was good episode 8/10

i like one where Sandy check out her Patrick shrine room. Sandy is Elvis and Patrick is her Graceland lol

other one is at the end of the episode.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode screams, yep another pre-movie episode, not a bad thing, but yeah more goodness. And that's fine, a great way to end the pre-movie era. I think it's actually about the same level as Help Wanted, solid all around, just like the pre-movie era.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Decent episode, but nothing too special. A little bit silly and childish compared to many other pre-movie episodes. Still, it definitely has its great moments.

7.5/10.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Hey it ended Pre-Movie with SpongeBob and Patrick naked in a crowd, you got to give it credit for ending in style.

LOL true dat. Yeah the ending is probably my favorite part of the episode. SpongeBob and Patrick exit TV (or would've had this indeed been the finale) the same way babies enter: Naked and crying.

This episode is actually pretty good. It's pretty funny, and has one of the best plots so far. I think this episode is a great way to end off the first 3 seasons.

Final Ranking:
1. Chocolate With Nuts (A+)
2. Snowball Effect (A+)
3. Wet Painters (A+)
4. Krusty Krab Training Video (A+)
5. Can You Spare A Dime? (A+)
6. The Camping Episode (A+)
7. Idiot Box (A+)
8. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (A)
9. Just One Bite (A)
10. No Weenies Allowed (A)
11. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (A)
12. Nasty Patty (A)
13. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
14. I Had An Accident (A)
15. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (B)
16. The Bully (B)
17. Doing Time (B)
18. Ugh (B)
19. Squilliam Returns (B)
20. Pranks a Lot (B)
21. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
22. Plankton's Army (B)
23. Born Again Krabs (B)
24. Krab Borg (B)
25. Missing Identity (B)
26. One Krab's Trash (B)
27. Clams (B)
28. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
29. Club SpongeBob (C)
30. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)
31. New Student Starfish (C)
32. The Sponge Who Could Fly (C)
33. As Seen On TV (D)
34. The Great Snail Race (D)
35. Party Pooper Pants (D)
36. Krabby Land (D)
37. Mid-Life Crustacean (E)

And that's about it for Season 3. I'm excited to get into Season 4, because that's when things get juicy.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I can't believe I used to think this episode was just average. After watching it again, I noticed a lot more jokes and funny exchanges than the last time. It's still not an amazing episode or anything, there still are a few dull moments, but it's much better than I gave it credit for before. I will say that I didn't particularly like the ending, though. A pretty good way to end off the classic era.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Chocolate With Nuts (10)
2. Krusty Krab Training Video (10)
3. Idiot Box (10)
4. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy V (10)
5. Wet Painters (9)
6. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
7. The Camping Episode (9)
8. Snowball Effect (9)
9. Can You Spare A Dime? (9)
10. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (9)
11. Just One Bite (9)
12. Spongebob Meets the Strangler (9)
13. Krab Borg (9)
14. Plankton's Army (9)
15. As Seen On Tv (8)
16. One Krabs Trash (8)
17. I Had An Accident (8)
18. Nasty Patty (8)
19. Mid-Life Crustacean (8)
20. New Student Starfish (8)
21. No Weenies Allowed (8)
22. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
23. Squilliam Returns (7)
24. Pranks A Lot (7)
25. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
26. Missing Identity (7)
27. The Great Snail Race (7)
28. Clams (7)
29. The Bully (7)
30. Doing Time (7)
31. Ugh (6)
32. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
33. Club Spongebob (6)
34. Born Again Krabs (5)
35. The Sponge Who Could Fly (4)
36. Party Pooper Pants (4)
37. Krabby Land (4)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I really like this episode though its sister still has the immunity. I personally consider the jokes here to clever. Plus SpongeBob and Patrick get what they deserve at the end!

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
No Weenies Allowed (Golden)
Idiot Box (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (Perfect)
Krab Borg (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (Amazing!)
The Camping Episode (Amazing!)
Wet Painters (Amazing!)
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
Plankton's Army (Amazing!)
Squlliam Returns (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
Krusty Krab Training Video (Astonishing)
The Great Snail Race (Great)
Ugh (Great)
Doing Time (Great)
Snowball Effect (Great)
Mid-Life Crustacean (Great)
Pranks A Lot (Good)
One Krabs Trash (Good)
Can you Spare a Dime? (Good)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
The Sponge Who Could Fly (Okay)
Rock-a-Bye Bivalve (Okay)
Born Again Krabs (Meh)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
New Student Starfish (Meh)
MMABBIV (Meh)
Missing Identity (Bad)
Clams (Bad)
Nasty Patty (Bad)
The Bully (Bad)
As Seen on TV (Bad)
Party Pooper Pants (Sucky)
Krabby Land (Sucky)

And now i have finished season 3 i will start reviewing season 4 tomorrow

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Well, here we are at the end of season 3! And with a couple days to spare (which I'll be using for the season overview and the movie). I didn't even have a bad time crunch this time! So let's just close this month's reviews out with "Pranks A Lot", shall we?

This episode is really all about the gags, which will never be something I don't want to see. I like the shop that we're at in the beginning, the Palace of Pranks. It lowkey does a little bit of worldbuilding, that there's a whole prank store in Bikini Bottom, and that SpongeBob is apparently a regular there. I also really like Frank, he has a lot of character. I love all the little pranks that we see in this first part. Probably my favorite part is the exploding gum and how Patrick's like "I don't get it". I wonder why spray that literally makes you invisible is only 1 dollar though? Meh, who cares, we're about to get into some fun shenanigans!

I like the original idea that SpongeBob and Patrick have for their prank, it's pretty cute. I also like that it was Patrick of all people who remembered that the spray stains clothes. I like the way SpongeBob says "any particular reason you took your pants off?" Like he's not even all that concerned, he's just like "why". And then of course the main plot of the episode gets started because of some childish fighting between SpongeBob and Patrick. In general this episode has a very childish feel to it, because of the pranks. And that's never really a bad thing, as long as the adult aspect is balanced somewhere, as I've said before. SpongeBob and Patrick slowly turning each other invisible is pretty funny and enjoyable as well, and then soon we have two invisible best friends (but not after the glorious "Several bad puns later..." time card).

This episode is filled with some great visual gags. I mean first off, SpongeBob and Patrick walking around invisible is pretty fun to watch, as the camera moves back and forth as if we can see them. And then the reactions of the whole town to SpongeBob and Patrick's ghost pranks are excellent. I really like Nat's reaction, with his eyes coming out of his head and drive away. The scene at Sandy's treedome is funny with just the right amount of eerie atmosphere. This scene also inspired a very nostalgic YTP, so that's always fun. And then the whole montage of them pranking the entire town is great as well, I love the "toast" bit. Sandals stays unbothered.

Speaking of comedic and eerie, I love the scene at the Krusty Krab. The tension is held just long enough, with Mr. Krabs trembling in fear in the dark, and then being cornered into the bathroom. Mr. Krabs's whole outfit is great as well. SpongeBob and Patrick really put in a lot of effort for this last prank, and it shows. Clogging the toilets, replacing the glass, man they really wanted to scare Mr. Krabs. And scare they did. At least, that's until he throws water on them.

The ending of this episode is a good bit of universal justice, actually brought in SpongeBob's direction for once, as Mr. Krabs exposes the duo (and their nude selves) as the "Bikini Bottom ghosts". Honestly, this last joke feels almost adult with the wolf whistles and everything lol. But it's a pretty funny ending regardless.

There really isn't all that much to say about "Pranks A Lot". It's funny. Maybe not outstandingly so, but it's still funny. And it's satisfying too, because everyone gets what they deserve in the end. It's a good entry on my "Great" tier, and a pretty good note to close season 3 on.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.3/10

See, I meant it when I said I wouldn't be doing what I did last month with my season 2 reviews. But golly, these reviews have just been getting longer and longer. I'm happy that I have so much to say about these episodes, but it makes it harder to ensure that I keep up with these reviews lol. Anyway, season overview tomorrow, and the plan is to hit the movie on Tuesday before next month rolls around. From there I may take Wednesday off lol, but then I'll be back to make sure I hit all of season 4 in February.

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
I forgot this episode existed reminds me of a old tom and jerry episode I watched one I guess the standout is the ending? a few decent jokes?
6.5/10

Back