57b. The Camping Episode

Sunshine Banjo Face

Banished


7,431 posts
$3,376 doubloons
OK just wait, the beginning was great but the final like 3 minutes was based on one unfunny gag! It was just cruel, the first 1-3 times uh ok yeah sure it was ok, BUT WHAT WAS WITH THE LAST FEW JUST WHAT THE HECK!??! OK Sea bear, sic those writers repeatedly! Let's see how they like it.
Beginning: 9/10
rest: 1/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Oh and WHAT WAS WITH THE SEA RHINO!??!JUST WHAT THE HECK?
 

baba_944

Active Member


265 posts
$13 doubloons
But the squid Abuse was Squidward's fault though. If Squidward were to only listen to S&P he wouldn't get his butt handed to him by a sea-bear and sea-rhino. I love Squidward though.
 

Tuba95

New Member


1,556 posts
$332 doubloons
I actually don't consider this overrated as it's not as talked about as others now and Squidward was taunting SB and Pat so he kind of had it coming. What would it be like if this episode had its original title? 8/10
 

Bl4zeTMG

420 Bl4ze it


1,433 posts
$60 doubloons
If you take out the Campfire Song Song, this episode is just an average pre movie Spongebob episode. Very overrated episode too. 8/10
 

MasiHosseini

Well-Known Member


2,452 posts
$446 doubloons
Season: 3

Episode: The Camping Episode

This episode was awesome. It's one of my favorite episodes ever. The plot was really creative. The song was so terrific. There were many funny jokes. 10/10
 

The Appetizer

shapes and noises


4,140 posts
$1,244 doubloons
Truly an "Squidward torture" episode done right, and one of my favorite episodes. Great jokes, one heckuva song, and the ending tops it off. 10/10

Redeeming qualities-
the C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G Song
The magazine covers with sea bears ("Sea bears and fairy tales are real!")
Squid doing everything that attracts a sea bear
Squid getting mauled by a sea bear (Seriously, as you may know, the working title for this episode was "Squid Gets Mauled".)
"That's an oval! It has to be a circle!"
"Good thing we're all wearing our anti-sea-rhinoceros undergarments!"
 

SquiddyFace

Happy Halloween


5,769 posts
$314 doubloons
Not just the best S3 Episode but BEST EPISODE EVER the plot was amazing, the song was awesome and the jokes were hilarious it's definitely the BEST EPISODE OF THE WHOLE SHOW

Grade: 11/10

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: well maybe it's stupid but it's also dumb and have fun inside

Best Moment: EVERY MOMENT IS THE BEST
 

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.


4,255 posts
$139 doubloons
This episode is incredible, even without the song the humor is fantastic and characterizes, Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick perfectly.

10/10
 

Jewish Cyborg

actually the irate gamer


3,984 posts
$3,401 doubloons
The Camping Episode: Spongebob and Patrick go camping in their backyard for the weekend. Squidward does all of the things that will attract a seabear and gets hurt over and over again by the seabear. This episode is the worst of the WHOLE SHOW! I hope this doesn't show again (no offense to Krabby Land, no intent to bring episode rating down). Avoid this episode like you would avoid death.
Grade: 0.6/10 Z
 

IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya


1,525 posts
$2,097 doubloons
Unlike its sister episode, this episode is better. These kind of episode are packed with the funniest jokes and has brilliant writing. I truly love this episode, but is overrated (this won't lower down my rating). Has minimum setting, but makes the most out of it. 10/10
 

Sunshine Banjo Face

Banished


7,431 posts
$3,376 doubloons
This episode....really isn't good. The beginning is fine enough as is, nothing too special for pre-movie besides the song though, but that ending is complete and utter garbage. Squidward has legitimate reasons to believe that the sea-bear doesn't exist, simply wants to prove this to SpongeBob and Patrick so they aren't scared and so he can sleep, and what does he get for it? Getting mauled, multiple times nevertheless. Then the sea rhino comes in at the end and cements this as my second least favorite pre-movie episode. I really don't get how this one gets a free pass from people because it's not really funny at all. The only saving grace is that all of the attacking is done off screen so we only hear it. I don't truly hate this one but when the episode is given "Squidward Gets Mauled" as a working temporary title I can't really respect it.
 

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.


4,255 posts
$139 doubloons
Sunshine Banjo Face said:
This episode....really isn't good. The beginning is fine enough as is, nothing too special for pre-movie besides the song though, but that ending is complete and utter garbage. Squidward has legitimate reasons to believe that the sea-bear doesn't exist, simply wants to prove this to SpongeBob and Patrick so they aren't scared and so he can sleep, and what does he get for it? Getting mauled, multiple times nevertheless. Then the sea rhino comes in at the end and cements this as my second least favorite pre-movie episode. I really don't get how this one gets a free pass from people because it's not really funny at all. The only saving grace is that all of the attacking is done off screen so we only hear it. I don't truly hate this one but when the episode is given "Squidward Gets Mauled" as a working temporary title I can't really respect it.
I don't really get that. Squidward was not only acting overly callous and mean towards SpongeBob and Patrick, but he could've just ignored them too. They weren't bothering him in any way.
 

Sunshine Banjo Face

Banished


7,431 posts
$3,376 doubloons
Honest Slug said:
I don't really get that. Squidward was not only acting overly callous and mean towards SpongeBob and Patrick, but he could've just ignored them too. They weren't bothering him in any way.
He wasn't acting out anywhere near enough to justify getting mauled by wild animals. Excuse him for wanting to prove something that they found from the magazine that printed "I Married a Sea-Bear" and "Fake Science Monthly" wrong. He didn't do it because they were bothering him, he did it because he didn't believe the sea-bear existed and wanted to do all of the warning signs to prove them wrong. Nowhere in there is there justification for the mauling taking up that much time at the end. I'd be fine if the bear showed up, and I could even take a little damage, but taking up about a minute of the ending, just so a sea-rhino could come up as well, something he definitely didn't actively try and prove false, was more than overkill and stopped being funny.
 

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.


4,255 posts
$139 doubloons
Sunshine Banjo Face said:
He wasn't acting out anywhere near enough to justify getting mauled by wild animals. Excuse him for wanting to prove something that they found from the magazine that printed "I Married a Sea-Bear" and "Fake Science Monthly" wrong. He didn't do it because they were bothering him, he did it because he didn't believe the sea-bear existed and wanted to do all of the warning signs to prove them wrong. Nowhere in there is there justification for the mauling taking up that much time at the end. I'd be fine if the bear showed up, and I could even take a little damage, but taking up about a minute of the ending, just so a sea-rhino could come up as well, something he definitely didn't actively try and prove false, was more than overkill and stopped being funny.
Ehh, I still can't feel sorry for Squidward when he's the instigator for everything. Instead of showing his ego he could've just gone away. And while he had legitimate reasons for thinking sea bears weren't real, the way he went about it was still way overboard.
 
Top