207b. House Worming

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Just as "Mimic Madness", this episode was great! I loved the scene where Plankton tried to exterminate the worms (and failed), and how Gary became defensive towards the worms, the ending with the worms going into Squidward's house was hilarious! Overall, I would give this episode a 9/10, a great episode!

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
This episode was meh. The worms were nasty.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
For Richard's only season 10 episode, this was fantastic. This episode didn't feel repetitive or disgusting like everyone thought it would be. The worms were funny, and I loved each of the characters' reactions to them: Gary growling at them, Mr. Krabs making SpongeBob leave work, Plankton trying and failing to get rid of them, Patrick mistaking them for a monster, Squidward freaking out, it's all comedy gold! xD And, as usual, there was great visual humor! :lol: I also loved the short/epilogue at the end. I don't think the writers EVER done anything like that before! :lol: Overall, this episode was great from start to finish and had me laughing throughout. 9/10 for me! Good job again, SpongeBob crew! :D

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
This may very well be Rich Pursel's masterwork. I almost thought this was going to be like "Sanctuary!", but it totally wasn't! The premise was very original, and leagues better than "Pet or Pests"! There was some good facial expressions throughout the episode (Thank you once again, Bob Jacques!), and there was some good visual gags (like SpongeBob becoming a house). The short at the end was very funny. Hope we see more of these shorts (if this happens). 9/10

J-444

Floating Shopping List
As said above, not as good as "Mimic Madness", but still a very good episode. I looked back at Richard Pursel's work in Spongebob Comics beforehand and - with his third and fourth works - he definitely toned down over time. While there still is a bit of grossout here, it's not all that unnerving (looking at you, WBWP) - It does its job just enough and then skedaddles. Plus, better handling of pets than in "Pets or Pests", and better handling of Gary than in "A Pal for Gary".

The jokes here hit the majority of the time as well, like the jiving worms (as well as their entrance and exit) and the "Brick Joke" with Squidward.

The short after it - "Clam Up!" - was cut off of my recording (for the most part; it stopped as Prickles went out of his can's door), so once I am able to watch it again, I will give my opinion on it - Stakes are high, as people so far said it was hilarious.

8/10

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Gary locking SB out? Gary takes precautions, lol.

Missed "Mimic Madness", but I'll catch it on the west coast feed.. generally enjoyed this one... really liked the ending toon with the worm that lead up to the actual plot, was a nice change of pace for SpongeBob.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This episode was pretty good. Although not being as good as Mimic Madness, it was still kinda fun. The plot being SB can't go to work. Why? Worms are throwing a house party inside him. Classic! Also, the short at the end was hilarious, and completely fooled me, I thought the clam would win from the start! 9.2/10

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
When I saw the plot and who was gonna be writing I was worried. Knowing Richard Pursel's writing record, this wouldn't sound too good. But since this current era has been so kind to most people, he actually turn over in a new leaf, I suppose. Yes, it was actually better than Pets or Pests. Much better, in fact...I mean Gary still hate worms like he did in that episode. Instead of recycling that episode, the plot for this episode combine Pets or Pests, Earworm, and Jellyfish Jam. I think with the writers rehashing the plots, they're trying to make the episode feel different from the original source, and this I can approve. Of course, knowing Pursel's writing on the show, it's still not that perfect, but it is unusually good of an episode attached to his name since he's one of the worst writers on the show. There is some gross moments but it wasn't as much as the certain season 6 episode I mentioned. There is some funny moments like Squidward in general (his reactions to SpongeBob giving him the worms and the worms invading his house and telling SpongeBob he needs a hug), Plankton's appearance, and the short. Speaking of which, it felt like the episode ran short, so they kinda pulled an Uncle Grandpa, so they did a short (Unlike UG, it's actually related to the plot, so you could say it was an epilogue). Overall, the episode was much better than I excepted. I thought it was gonna be bad, but Richard Pursel proved me wrong. 8/10

KrustyKrab

Part Computer or Something
While maybe not as memorable as its sister episode, there was a lot of really good stuff here. Parts I found funny include the worms having a house party inside of SpongeBob, Plankton's attempts at getting rid of them, and the reactions from Patrick and Squidward. Although, the ending felt like the same ending from Earworm. And that bonus short afterwards was an unexpected little treat. My only concern when going into this episode was that it was going to end up looking grotesque, which thankfully it didn't. A really solid pair of episodes today. I liked them a lot. :-)

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This actually helped me gain more respect in Pursel's writing. I thought it was going to be like "Pet or Pests", which is my least favorite episode, but it turned out to be a fresh, original, and fun episode where worms throw a party. The worms were funny, I liked the backstory of how the worm ended up in SpongeBob's house, and I like the ending with Squidward's house. There is a few gross out moments, but they are pretty tame compared to earlier seasons. Overall, a very good episode that definitely marks how good season 10 is! I give it a 9/10.

Loopers

Sportz?
i liked the 3 minute part over the the 7 minute part but the episode was eh

6.8/10

BobCarotte

meep
I thought House Worming was going to have annoying gross moments and I was worried because Richard Pursel wrote it, but then I saw this episode and it was unexpectedly good and this is Pursel's best work so far. I loved the short and I like how it explains why the worm went to SpongeBob's house. The rest of the episode was a little disturbing but I really liked the exaggerated faces.

I give it a 7.5/10. I'm going to rewatch it when Kisscartoon uploads the episode.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
I tried to like this episode, but I can't. To me, it's honestly terrible and one of the worst in awhile.

Yece

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I absolutely loved this episode. Since season 10 is off to a great, I expected high expections .... so glad they were met! The plot reminded me of an Adventure Time episode when bears partied inside a monster, so I wonder if the writers were influenced by it.

I thought the episode stood great on it's own, even if it combined plot ideas from previous episodes. Just the animation on its own is a joy to look at, and i can definitely see how it falls back to the earlier seasons of SpongeBob (I'm pretty sure people discussed this already ... I'm not as active here).

Back