52b. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

iedasb

Crazy Artist
When I was a kid this used to be my favorite episode ever, because I used to love super heroes(not anymore), even the story I write(not about SpongeBob, a original one) is about super heroes >\\\<

This episode is awesome, I love when heroes become villains, and then heroes again...
Loved the outfits, especially Miss Appear outfit <3
And Patrick with elastic powers was awesome... What a pity they couldn't use it right...
I hope they do a episode with these guys again.

Just one thing I wanted to see was Mr. Krabs as a super hero aswell. I always complain about this when I watch this episode.

Oh well, at least Sponge out of Water made all of them into super heroes, unfortunatelly, Sandy is horrible in the movie :/

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This plot is very good but there's not a lot if great gags in here. 8/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 3

Episode: Mermaidman and Barnacleboy V

This episode was amazing. It's my number 1 favorite Mermaidman and Barnacleboy episode. The plot was genius. There were many funny jokes. 10/10

This is my favorite Mermaidman and Barnacleboy episode out of all 6 of them (plus the other episodes that feature them). Very good humor, fun villians, fun heroes, and my 4th favorite episode of all time. 10/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I personally prefer the third one but this one is fantastic too, the plot is amazing and it has enough excellent gags to back it up.

10/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy V (S3-E52-B)

I LOVE THIS ONE!!! The ending was happy, but too bad IJLSA in action was just wrong. My best friend told me that why IJLSA end themselves up in an injury because they lack training. If I were the writer of this episode, I would make this episode as intense as DC and Marvel movies. :sbpopcorn: Better when IJLSA fights EVIL aside from MermaidMan. But BEST EPISODE EVER!!! I really love The Quickster so much. It reminds me of The Flash from DC Comics.

Final Score = 10/10 :sbhappy: :whoo: :sbparty: :squidwhoo: :bandgeek: :sandyomg:

This is my favorite MM&BB episode. While not perfect, it's got a great plot, it's funny, and it has great action.

Ranking so far:
1. Chocolate With Nuts (A+)
2. Snowball Effect (A+)
3. Wet Painters (A+)
4. Krusty Krab Training Video (A+)
5. Can You Spare A Dime? (A+)
6. Idiot Box (A+)
7. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (A)
8. Just One Bite (A)
9. No Weenies Allowed (A)
10. Nasty Patty (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
12. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (B)
13. The Bully (B)
14. Doing Time (B)
15. Squilliam Returns (B)
16. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
17. Krab Borg (B)
18. One Krab's Trash (B)
19. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
20. Club SpongeBob (C)
21. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)
22. As Seen On TV (D)
23. Party Pooper Pants (D)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is by far my favorite MM&BB episode and also one of my favorites of the whole show. There's lot's of great jokes and one liners, seeing Spongebob and co. take on the roles of various superheroes is very fun, the story is great, and there's a really nice resolution. There's really nothing to complain about here, it's just a very fun fast paced episode.

Perfect episode (10/10)

1. Chocolate With Nuts (10)
2. Krusty Krab Training Video (10)
3. Idiot Box (10)
4. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy V (10)
5. Wet Painters (9)
6. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
7. Snowball Effect (9)
8. Can You Spare A Dime? (9)
9. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (9)
10. Just One Bite (9)
11. Krab Borg (9)
12. As Seen On Tv (8)
13. One Krabs Trash (8)
14. Nasty Patty (8)
15. No Weenies Allowed (8)
16. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
17. Squilliam Returns (7)
18. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
19. The Bully (7)
20. Doing Time (7)
21. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
22. Club Spongebob (6)
23. Party Pooper Pants (4)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is amazing. It's the perfect combination of being very creative, very hilarious and very heartwarming! I also thought Spongebob and friends as superheroes are super charming!
This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the entire show. đź‘Ť

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This is easily the best Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode that has ever come into existence! Its got a lot of very much godly jokes and the ending was very good!

Rating: Perfect Episode

Rankings:
No Weenies Allowed (Golden)
Idiot Box (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (Perfect)
Krab Borg (Amazing!)
Wet Painters (Amazing!)
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
Squlliam Returns (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
Krusty Krab Training Video (Astonishing)
Doing Time (Great)
Snowball Effect (Great)
One Krabs Trash (Good)
Can you Spare a Dime? (Good)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Rock-a-Bye Bivalve (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
MMABBIV (Meh)
Nasty Patty (Bad)
The Bully (Bad)
As Seen on TV (Bad)
Party Pooper Pants (Sucky)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V", which is a fun little ensemble episode! This is probably my favorite of the original 5, if we're being honest. So let's discuss!

Firstly, I think the whole concept of this episode is hilarious. Especially with DC establishing Robin as a child's role ever since they started having an actual continuity (which is why a certain someone, *cough cough* Tim Drake *cough* needs to grow the H up already, but that's a whole other tangent for me to go on), the spoof on Batman and Robin is incredibly clear in this episode. And honestly, I'm rooting for Barnacle Boy this whole episode, because I too would definitely be over it, probably long before this, if people kept treating me as a child when I was a grown man. This episode lowkey makes a good point about certain superhero names and how they make grown people seem like children (Supergirl, I'm looking at you!).

Anyway, all my tangent-going aside, this beginning part of the episode is so funny once Barnacle Boy declares he's becoming a villain. As always, the "evil" gags in this episode are hilarious, that truly is a joke that never gets old (and I don't mean the lemon thing just yet). Even more hilarious is when Barnacle Boy proclaims he's going over to the dark side, only for there to literally be a dark side of the restaurant because of Mr. Krabs' cheapness. I love that Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble were just chilling in a car in the dark side, just waiting for someone to utter the word "evil." With a ride like that, they're making me want to join them. And then we get the classic strategy of building up anticipation only to fondly sweep the rug from under us, when it turns out that the three villains are doing the pettiest crimes imaginable. Of course, this is also when we get the great "E.V.I.L." joke. That logo is really well drawn, in all honesty.

Then we get to the real fun part of the episode, which is everyone teaming up and becoming superheroes! I love how Mr. Krabs only pops in one last time just to tell Squidward to do it or he's fired. Honestly, one thing I feel was missing from this episode was Mr. Krabs. It would've been fun to see him doing the superhero thing too. Would the episode have been too crowded with him in it for more than a minute? Possibly, but I think "Pressure" did well having the same amount of characters (well, kind of, given that we also had the geriatric duo + the other supervillains in this episode).

The DC parody only gets better once everyone gets their costumes from the IJLSA. I love the bit about the powers all being in the costumes, because whenever Hollywood decides to make a live-action remake of some of these heroes I'm always like "why the H are they dressed like that?" For as much as I dislike the MCU for certain reasons, they usually did pretty good in the costume department by making costumes that made sense. Though there's issues with that too, because the whole point of comics is that they aren't realisitic. Idk, don't mind me, just going on a tangent again.

Anyway, I love all the little intros everyone gets with their new powers, they're all really funny and a great way to showcase what each of them can do. This episode really leans into the superhero genre, especially when it comes to the introduction of the chief, love that moment. The chief himself is also really funny. I honestly cannot believe that SpongeBob SquarePants got away with that Make-Out Reef joke, considering they didn't even have the distance of animation for that one. Whatever strings had to be pulled, I'm glad it's in there, because it's hilarious. I'm also surprised that Squidward managed to get any action there lol. But truly, it is diabolical that E.V.I.L. is harassing [redacted] teenagers.

Moving to the confrontation at Make-Out Reef, once again we see the writers and voice actors having lots of fun with this parody, with the catchphrases and insults and one-liners. And everyone gets a pretty cool entrance, which I thought was fun. But of course, this is SpongeBob SquarePants, so always expect the unexpected. Or perhaps this is expected...everyone manages to completely fail at fighting the villains because of their lack of mastery with their powers, and it's great to watch.

And then of course, this episode pulls on our heartstrings for just a second when Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy make up, but not before making us laugh a bit with the Dirty Bubble's and Man Ray's dumbfounded reactions to Barnacle Boy's demands. And then we get probably my favorite part of the episode, which is the ending where everyone starts laughing. It's like one of those "where are they now" endings. And the chief really just makes it. Again, how did they get away with that?

"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" is just a really solid episode. Even though there is a 6th one of these, I like to count this as the end of the saga because this is the last one that uses that specific style of title card. And really, this is a great ending to the saga. Like if they stopped using Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy altogether with this episode, I wouldn't have been mad. This episode is one of those ones that I have a newer appreciation for. I always considered it to be the best of the original 5, but it would typically be in my "Great" tier. But looking back at it now, there's just so many great and understated jokes in here, and the parody here is immaculate, so it deserves to be in "Amazing".

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V", which is a fun little ensemble episode! This is probably my favorite of the original 5, if we're being honest. So let's discuss!

Firstly, I think the whole concept of this episode is hilarious. Especially with DC establishing Robin as a child's role ever since they started having an actual continuity (which is why a certain someone, *cough cough* Tim Drake *cough* needs to grow the H up already, but that's a whole other tangent for me to go on), the spoof on Batman and Robin is incredibly clear in this episode. And honestly, I'm rooting for Barnacle Boy this whole episode, because I too would definitely be over it, probably long before this, if people kept treating me as a child when I was a grown man. This episode lowkey makes a good point about certain superhero names and how they make grown people seem like children (Supergirl, I'm looking at you!).

Anyway, all my tangent-going aside, this beginning part of the episode is so funny once Barnacle Boy declares he's becoming a villain. As always, the "evil" gags in this episode are hilarious, that truly is a joke that never gets old (and I don't mean the lemon thing just yet). Even more hilarious is when Barnacle Boy proclaims he's going over to the dark side, only for there to literally be a dark side of the restaurant because of Mr. Krabs' cheapness. I love that Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble were just chilling in a car in the dark side, just waiting for someone to utter the word "evil." With a ride like that, they're making me want to join them. And then we get the classic strategy of building up anticipation only to fondly sweep the rug from under us, when it turns out that the three villains are doing the pettiest crimes imaginable. Of course, this is also when we get the great "E.V.I.L." joke. That logo is really well drawn, in all honesty.

Then we get to the real fun part of the episode, which is everyone teaming up and becoming superheroes! I love how Mr. Krabs only pops in one last time just to tell Squidward to do it or he's fired. Honestly, one thing I feel was missing from this episode was Mr. Krabs. It would've been fun to see him doing the superhero thing too. Would the episode have been too crowded with him in it for more than a minute? Possibly, but I think "Pressure" did well having the same amount of characters (well, kind of, given that we also had the geriatric duo + the other supervillains in this episode).

The DC parody only gets better once everyone gets their costumes from the IJLSA. I love the bit about the powers all being in the costumes, because whenever Hollywood decides to make a live-action remake of some of these heroes I'm always like "why the H are they dressed like that?" For as much as I dislike the MCU for certain reasons, they usually did pretty good in the costume department by making costumes that made sense. Though there's issues with that too, because the whole point of comics is that they aren't realisitic. Idk, don't mind me, just going on a tangent again.

Anyway, I love all the little intros everyone gets with their new powers, they're all really funny and a great way to showcase what each of them can do. This episode really leans into the superhero genre, especially when it comes to the introduction of the chief, love that moment. The chief himself is also really funny. I honestly cannot believe that SpongeBob SquarePants got away with that Make-Out Reef joke, considering they didn't even have the distance of animation for that one. Whatever strings had to be pulled, I'm glad it's in there, because it's hilarious. I'm also surprised that Squidward managed to get any action there lol. But truly, it is diabolical that E.V.I.L. is harassing [redacted] teenagers.

Moving to the confrontation at Make-Out Reef, once again we see the writers and voice actors having lots of fun with this parody, with the catchphrases and insults and one-liners. And everyone gets a pretty cool entrance, which I thought was fun. But of course, this is SpongeBob SquarePants, so always expect the unexpected. Or perhaps this is expected...everyone manages to completely fail at fighting the villains because of their lack of mastery with their powers, and it's great to watch.

And then of course, this episode pulls on our heartstrings for just a second when Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy make up, but not before making us laugh a bit with the Dirty Bubble's and Man Ray's dumbfounded reactions to Barnacle Boy's demands. And then we get probably my favorite part of the episode, which is the ending where everyone starts laughing. It's like one of those "where are they now" endings. And the chief really just makes it. Again, how did they get away with that?

"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" is just a really solid episode. Even though there is a 6th one of these, I like to count this as the end of the saga because this is the last one that uses that specific style of title card. And really, this is a great ending to the saga. Like if they stopped using Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy altogether with this episode, I wouldn't have been mad. This episode is one of those ones that I have a newer appreciation for. I always considered it to be the best of the original 5, but it would typically be in my "Great" tier. But looking back at it now, there's just so many great and understated jokes in here, and the parody here is immaculate, so it deserves to be in "Amazing".

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9/10
this is an episode i've not yet seen, i've only seen clips of it

Back