52a. Chocolate with Nuts

Squiddykins

take back the falls

Talk about this episode here. Do you like/not like it? Tell us.
wink.gif

I think it was pretty funny with the following scenes: the crazy chocolate fish, Patrick saying "I love you," to the customer, and the "Come on you Lazy Mary, start rubbing me with that chocolate!" 10/10.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I like this episode a lot, but I'm not as into it as most people seem to be. It's a bit of a cult classic, but I have to be honest, I don't really "get" the chocolate fish gag. It always felt kind of forced and awkward for me. Maybe that's just because it's so overexposed? (IE,, If you asked a bunch of random young adults for their favourite Spongebob quote, half of them would say CHOCOLATE!!!)
I love the woman who is so old that she's basically just a head and a spinal cord.
"Sweet, sweet chocolate. I always HATED it!"

hasfarr

your mom
First, Tom Kenny's take on the episode:

"A very sick episode, masterminded by the underground cartoonist KAZ. You can spend hours theorizing about what these eleven minutes says about truth, lies, Big Business, entrepreneurship, and consumerism. All that, plus that creepy old lady who's basically just a head and a spinal cord. Eeeyeu!"

Now, my take:

The episode was funny from when SpongeBob said "HI MAILMAN!" My favorite parts were when Patrick said "I love you", started focusing (literally) on one of his customers, and of course, CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I like it, but I feel that it's slightly over-rated compared to other episodes that can be just as good. :P

My favourite scene:

SpongeBob: Hello, young lady. (giggles) We're selling chocolate, is your mother home?
Mary: MUM!
Mary's Old Mother: What?!? What's with all the yelling?!?

(SpongeBob and Patrick look extremely surprised)

Squidwardian

Baby Clam
This is one of my favorite episodes. My favorite parts are when the chocolate fish says "FINALLY! I've been trying to catch you boys all day!!! Now that I got you right where I want you... can I buy all your chocolate? :D" Hilarious! Like a lot of others I like it when Patrick said to the customer "I love you." Then I like the part where the conman said that he has glass bones and paper skin. lol But my most favorite part is all the CHOCOLAAAAAAAATE parts. :P

similemetaphor

Chocolate Soup
That is in my Top 10... NO, Top 3 favorite episodes.

Fav scene...

:sbx: : Okay Patrick, this is it - the first step on our road to livin' fancy. (They ring the doorbell and Tom answers)
:sbx: : Good afternoon, sir. Could we interest you in some chocolate?Tom: Chocolate? Did you say chocolate?:patx: : Yes, sir. With or without nuts!Tom: Chocolate? CHOCOLATE?! (screaming) CHOCOLATE!!! CHOCOLATE!!! (Terrified, SpongeBob and Patrick make a run for it.):sbx: : (Next scene) Okay, that first guy didn't count.
:sbx: : Remember, Patrick. Flatter the customer, make him feel good!Customer: Hello?:patx: : I love you. (Customer slams the door in disgust)

I can't believe I forgot the full quotes... all I remember is CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!! and I love you... I'm so weird.... (O_o) So I copied them of the quotes board. :blush: :blush2: :blush:

EDIT2: Ironically, that's the first time I ever posted an image on any forum. so now, I know how to post images! It leads to an external link though...

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I think it was pretty funny with the following scenes: the crazy chocolate fish, Patrick saying "I love you," to the customer, and the "Come on you Lazy Mary, start rubbing me with that chocolate!" 10/10.
Those parts were so funny! I love that crazy chocolate fish guy who keeps yelling out "CHOCOLATE!CHOCOLATE!CHOCOLATE!CHOCOLATE!". Also, I like that part when that fish guy is all calm when he offers to buy all of their chocolate and Patrick "takes a dump" of all the chocolate bars and then, the tiny Hersey Kiss comes out! :lol:

Squiddykins

take back the falls
"Finally! I've been trying to catch you boys all day! Now that I've got where I want you...! I'd like to buy all of your chocolates." =D
*A bunch of chocolates come out of Patrick's pants then both melt*
Spongebob: Thank you for your patronage.

I lol'ed also at the scene where that fish slammed the door on Patrick's eyes. "Back up, jack!"
"Nice place you got here."

JCM

#cancelspongebob
This episode had some of the best gags in the entire series. I love it almost as much as I hate chocolate.

Call Me William

Imitation Krab
I can't believe no-one mentioned THIS quote...

Patrick: Let's get naked!

SpongeBob: Nah, let's save that for when we're selling real estate.

All in all, amazing gags, funny plot and teaches kids a little about big business... DON'T DO IT THE WAY SPONGE AND PAT DID IT.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Oh man. This, this episode is hilarity. This is what it's all about. Oh man. They don't make em like this anymore.

"I love you"

Hilarious, just at the thought of answering the door to a door-to-door chocolate salesman and the first thing he says is "I love you"

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I love this part. ^^

Man: "Why is chubby here staring at me?"

Patrick: "Focusing."

Man: "Back off, Jack!"

*Slams the door on Patrick's long eyes.*

Patrick: "Nice place you got here."

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
Oh yeah definantly one of the best right here. I do think the "CHOCOLATE!!!!!" running gag is pretty overrated. Is it funny? Yeah. Is it the greatest moment in SpongeBob history? Not even close. There are so many funny moments, dunno why that one stands out so much.
Still awesome! My favorite moment:
Patrick: Itll keep your face from getting any uglier!
Patrick lookalike: Just in time!

cwn

Porous Freak
This is definetly one of the best episodes of Spongebob ever.
My favorite part is:
Spongebob:"Remember, flatter the customer. Make him feel good."
knock knock knock
Customer:"Hello."
Patrick:"I love you."

CHOCOLATE!!!

cwn

Porous Freak
This is definitly one of the best episodes of Spongebob.
My favorite part is:
Spongebob:"Remember, flatter the customer. Make him feel good."
knock knock knock
Customer:"Hello."
Patrick:"I love you."

CHOCOLATE!!!

Back