51. Party Pooper Pants

Coffee_lover

Banished
Um..... there's a messege in this?
This is possible because of my dirty imagination,but I think that the episode tries to show that parties don’t need certain goals or plans,parties are just relaxation and fun,that's all!Also this episode wants to convey to us that it is necessary to be able to understand the desire of others people and not just against everyone for the sake of self-satisfaction,all of two aspects portrayed by Spongebob characterization,and episode don’t even trying to make him been a bully or something like this,he just don’t know anything about parties so he trying to be serious(I’m really can’t find Spongebob to be unlikable in PPP,his character here is still much better than in majority of S6 episodes)

Sorry for making you wait for the answer,trying to reveal my points as accurately as possible

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Coffee_lover said:
This is possible because of my dirty imagination,but I think that the episode tries to show that parties don’t need certain goals or plans,parties are just relaxation and fun,that's all!Also this episode wants to convey to us that it is necessary to be able to understand the desire of others people and not just against everyone for the sake of self-satisfaction,all of two aspects portrayed by Spongebob characterization,and episode don’t even trying to make him been a bully or something like this,he just don’t know anything about parties so he trying to be serious(I’m really can’t find Spongebob to be unlikable in PPP,his character here is still much better than in majority of S6 episodes)

Sorry for making you wait for the answer,trying to reveal my points as accurately as possible
It's not a dirty imagination, that's what I thought too, unless we both share a dirty thought...kinda sounds weird out of context. Anyways yes, I do understand that it kind of has some sort of theme behind it, but it's a pretty vague theme, I mean @Wintermelon43 didn't see it, and I didn't think about it until 2 hours afterwards. If that was what they were trying to do, it's a decent message, but I don't think it helps the episode.

Yes SpongeBob maybe naive towards parties (ignoring continuity, because he's been to a party [Scaredy Pants, The Chaperone]) but I don't think that excuses him being a jerk and downright yelling at Patrick. He could be naive and still be respectful and in character. I would excuse him taking it serious if there was a justification, he has no reason to be serious, there's no stake for him to through the best party, so it just seems kind of mean-spirited when he does it that way. I don't really get it, in my opinion.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I gotta be honest guys...this episode isn't anything close to the best of season 3, but it isn't too bad.

The Patchy segments are what really saved this episode from being mediocre. I love Patchy as a character and I though that his role here was great. It's not as original as SpongeBob BC's or even Sponge Who Could Fly's but there were enough creative gags to last us throughout the entire segments. ONLY $29.95! IT'S A 40 DOLLAR VALUE, POTTY! Ok, I'll stop with the Dew stuff. The thing that made the Patchy segments stand out was Underwater Sun. To me, I find it really underrated and it sums up the show as a whole. SpongeBob like Krabby Patties, Sandy likes karate, Plankton's plan always fails in some way, and SpongeBob likes to have fun. The idea of two parties colliding was also interesting to see, one being a band full of birds and the other being Patchy's party, and of course Patchy hated the idea of Potty and his bird band members flocking together. Overall, the Patchy segments were interesting, hilarious, and just enjoyable.

Now on to the SpongeBob segments. Yeah, they aren't that great, but it ain't all so bad. I gotta say that some jokes stood out to me like SpongeBob filling the pinata with eggs, Patrick dancing almost exactly like I do, and Larry's reflection. The plot was weaker than a cup of reheated coffee (sorry, I had to change it up a bit), and that is definitely my biggest problem. I definitely prefer a good story over a barrage of jokes, since the story at least gets our character from place to place. There wasn't really a reason for this episode to be a special for that reason. I wouldn't really mind if this episode was a 16 minute episode like Shanghaied. SpongeBob's character wasn't too bad here, but I can definitely see why people did not like him in this special. I honestly think that SpongeBob's situation was a lot like me moderatating Discord in a way. (albeit SpongeBob went overboard here) It can be hard to manage a bunch of people at the same time, and sometimes things don't always turn out for the better. While I hated the police in this episode, I can at least say that SpongeBob gets his comeuppance, which is something that he deserves.

The episode as a whole basically follows this message: "It doesn't always have to be great to be fun", which is something that newer episodes should take note on. I give this episode a 7/10.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Coffee_lover said:

CakeCup said:
I gotta be honest guys...this episode isn't anything close to the best of season 3, but it isn't too bad.

The Patchy segments are what really saved this episode from being mediocre. I love Patchy as a character and I though that his role here was great. It's not as original as SpongeBob BC's or even Sponge Who Could Fly's but there were enough creative gags to last us throughout the entire segments. ONLY $29.95! IT'S A 40 DOLLAR VALUE, POTTY! Ok, I'll stop with the Dew stuff. The thing that made the Patchy segments stand out was Underwater Sun. To me, I find it really underrated and it sums up the show as a whole. SpongeBob like Krabby Patties, Sandy likes karate, Plankton's plan always fails in some way, and SpongeBob likes to have fun. The idea of two parties colliding was also interesting to see, one being a band full of birds and the other being Patchy's party, and of course Patchy hated the idea of Potty and his bird band members flocking together. Overall, the Patchy segments were interesting, hilarious, and just enjoyable.

Now on to the SpongeBob segments. Yeah, they aren't that great, but it ain't all so bad. I gotta say that some jokes stood out to me like SpongeBob filling the pinata with eggs, Patrick dancing almost exactly like I do, and Larry's reflection. The plot was weaker than a cup of reheated coffee (sorry, I had to change it up a bit), and that is definitely my biggest problem. I definitely prefer a good story over a barrage of jokes, since the story at least gets our character from place to place. There wasn't really a reason for this episode to be a special for that reason. I wouldn't really mind if this episode was a 16 minute episode like Shanghaied. SpongeBob's character wasn't too bad here, but I can definitely see why people did not like him in this special. I honestly think that SpongeBob's situation was a lot like me moderatating Discord in a way. (albeit SpongeBob went overboard here) It can be hard to manage a bunch of people at the same time, and sometimes things don't always turn out for the better. While I hated the police in this episode, I can at least say that SpongeBob gets his comeuppance, which is something that he deserves.

The episode as a whole basically follows this message: "It doesn't always have to be great to be fun", which is something that newer episodes should take note on. I give this episode a 7/10.
That's really what it comes down to- whether or not you find it funny. Again, this is clearly supposed to be a more comedy oriented special (which in itself I don't like) but yeah. There are a decent number of gags, but for me personally, I think they are too drawn out. Like SpongeBob getting ready for the party kind of seemed a lot longer than it needed to, the gags with Patrick, Larry, and Mrs. Puff are the more subtle and quick ones, which I think are the funniest part. I don't really like the bunny gag, I don't like the gags with Garry, and besides that SpongeBob ruins a lot of the gags as well because of how jerkish I see him.

I guess we can agree to disagree on SpongeBob's character in this, I see it as him being a jerk with little motivation, maybe if his job depended on it or something like that, I could see it, but not like this with him just finding a party kit.

The Patchy stuff is OK to me, I could see people really liking it, or really hating it. He does have quite a few cheesy lines, but I wanted something more unique with him in Season 3. It feels like stuff we've seen in the two before, like him getting launched and getting exploded. I do kind of like some of it, but I don't really find his interactions with Neptune or The Mermaid to be good, I kinda see it as bland. Underwater Sun, is really awesome though, and I will never hate that song, it brings up the Patchy Segements, but I don't want to like a segment just because of a song. Compared to the two coming up, this one isn't as creative. They are OK, but my least favorite Pre-Movie besides the truncated ones in Shanghaied. Thanks for the responses though.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Mikurotoro92 said:
What song is "Underwater Sun"?

Is that the one that goes "Down, down, down"?

If so then I don't really care for it
Yeah, but I see it as like a great celebration song, and one that's pretty good for the near end of the original run.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
I didn’t like this episode, the Patchy segments were boring, the episode was unfunny (except for Patrick dancing), Spongebob was annoying and was arrested by the police just because he didn’t inviting them. It’s a bad episode.

2/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Birds858 said:
I didn’t like this episode, the Patchy segments were boring, the episode was unfunny (except for Patrick dancing), Spongebob was annoying and was arrested by the police just because he didn’t inviting them. It’s a bad episode.

2/10
Worst one of the pre-movie, I am sure you also agree with that title.

This is a weak episode. The Patchy segments were alright, though I'm not counting them towards my ranking. The SpongeBob segments were pretty weak. The idea of SpongeBob throwing a house party is not a bad one, and it could certainly work as a 22 minute special. Unfortunately I didn't like the way it was executed. All that happens is SpongeBob throws a house party, and he acts like a jerk about it. And none of it is funny. Yeah yeah, he gets a comeuppance, but that has nothing to do with the house party. This episode had potential, but it failed.

Ranking so far:
1. Snowball Effect (A+)
2. Wet Painters (A+)
3. Krusty Krab Training Video (A+)
4. Can You Spare A Dime? (A+)
5. Idiot Box (A+)
6. Just One Bite (A)
7. No Weenies Allowed (A)
8. Nasty Patty (A)
9. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
10. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (B)
11. The Bully (B)
12. Doing Time (B)
13. Squilliam Returns (B)
14. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
15. Krab Borg (B)
16. One Krab's Trash (B)
17. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
18. Club SpongeBob (C)
19. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)
20. As Seen On TV (D)
21. Party Pooper Pants (D)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Really funny episode. SpongeBob attempting to make a good party when the party was already good is hilarious and him trying to break into his own house, as well as him getting arrested for not inviting the police to the party is amazing.

Great Episode (8.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode really didn't need to be a special. I say this because this episode is reaaally boring. It's a real shame such a good episode idea got wasted on something like this. The plot feels really unfocused and just doesn't keep my interest. Spongebob is also really unlikeable in this episode and made it even more frustrating to watch. This is also a pretty humorless episode, which is surprising since some of the episodes leading up to this one have been really funny. The patchy segments are also pretty lame. Underwater Sun is an alright song, but it's probably only there to fill up the rest of the episode, since they probably didn't have enough material for 22 minutes of content. This was overall a pretty disappointing watch, because I remember this episode being a lot better when I was younger. This episode may not have been very good, but trust me, the next one more than makes up for it.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Krusty Krab Training Video (10)
2. Idiot Box (10)
3. Wet Painters (9)
4. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
5. Snowball Effect (9)
6. Can You Spare A Dime? (9)
7. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (9)
8. Just One Bite (9)
9. Krab Borg (9)
10. As Seen On Tv (8)
11. One Krabs Trash (8)
12. Nasty Patty (8)
13. No Weenies Allowed (8)
14. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
15. Squilliam Returns (7)
16. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
17. The Bully (7)
18. Doing Time (7)
19. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
20. Club Spongebob (6)
21. Party Pooper Pants (4)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14

This is the episode that aired as part of the "SpongeBob's House Party" special featuring clips in between of Patchy the Pirate and his house party. It's one of my favourite episodes of season 3.

Some funny quotes:

SpongeBob: Squidward, you made it!
Squidward: My cable's out. (Spongebob hides some wire cutters behind his back)
SpongeBob: Oh, uhh, sorry to hear about that.

Patrick: Kcirtap si eman ym o77eh. I don't get it.
Mr Krabs: No, you dumb bunny, it says, 'Hello, my name is Patrick'.
Patrick: (shakes Mr Krabs hand) Nice to meet you Patrick.
Mr Krabs: (laughs) Good one, Patrick! (both laugh)
Patrick: Yeah.

Lady Fish: My card says, 'Discuss the philosophical nature of irony.' What does yours say?
Patrick: 'Nod politely'. (shown Mr Krabs and Plankton with cards)

SpongeBob: Well, it's about time. Ok, everyone, the last guest is about to arrive...22 minutes late! (opens up the door to a fish)
Fish: Hey, hey! (Spongebob folds his arms in a sort of anger. The fish laughs nervously as Spongebob walks into the party)
SpongeBob: Attention everyone. Attention please! Now that we're all here, I officially declare the party switch to be in the 'on' position! (silence) (everyone claps silently) As soon as I get back from the coat room, we'll have a rundown of tonight's schedule. Try not to have too much fun without me! (laughs as he walks into a room with a sign that reads 'Coat Check'.) Seriously. (closes door)
6.1? A bit underrated, but still not great.

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
I did not like this episode and it is one of the several ScumBobs in Season 3. SpongeBob's schedule was just messed up and glad he got some comeuppance eventually. 2.5/10
At least he was caring about safety. The party guests thought fun was more important than that! They were caring too much more about fun than safety even by party standards!

Back