48a. No Weenies Allowed

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is an episode that specifically focuses on gags. The base concept of Spongebob trying to pass himself off as a buff guy sound interesting, but in this episode, there isn't really that much story packed in. It is, however, made up for by the really clever jokes, such as Spongebob's doppelganger, the potato salad joke, and the whole sequence of Patrick beating himself up. I also like thee ending, with Spongebob receiving his comeuppance and the very last clever joke of the episode.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got a pretty joke-filled episode, "No Weenies Allowed"! I feel like this is another one of those early meme spawning episodes. Like I remember being a kid and looking at those "I'll have you know memes" in horrible resolution.

I like that this episode starts with Sandy and SpongeBob hanging at the beach and then sparring, because I really like that shared activity of theirs. It's fun to just see them hanging out. And of course, I can't go without mentioning the potato salad bit with my favorite Tom! I love that SpongeBob analyzes Sandy's words as he's flying through the air as he's gotten his butt kicked lmao, that was just really funny. SpongeBob really got spanked in this episode at every turn, but it was never too much, you know?

The episode gets straight to the plot (though there isn't really much of one here, but whatever, it gets to the set-up of a collection of jokes we'll be seeing, let's just say that) too, which is always appreciated. I love that one of the guys thinks that SpongeBob is a piece of paper, that was just really funny to me. This episode is also full of great visuals, I really like when the guy shows that he has muscles on his eyeballs lmao. Though I'm with SpongeBob, that is pretty gross. Even Sandy looked concerned at that one.

Honestly, what would y'all do to get into the Salty Spitoon? I got an A in organic chemistry, I'm basically a VIP. But speaking of getting into the Salty Spitoon, I love how everyone we see get in gets in. The without any milk line is just expertly delivered, and also hilarious. And Sandy shows her toughness immediately by literally ripping Reg's tattoo off, which is just so funny. Don't mess with the squirrel. Though I guess that was already established when she beat SpongeBob's butt at the beginning of this episode.

SpongeBob's failed attempts at getting into the Salty Spitoon make up the bulk of this episode, and each one of them is hilarious. I think the first time is probably my favorite, because of SpongeBob's "I'll have you know" and his try and fail at opening a ketchup bottle (felt that, SpongeBob, felt that hard).

I love Weenie Hut Jrs. as a location, because it's innately hilarious and the way SpongeBob keeps being sent back there throughout the episode is just so funny. The poor sponge simply isn't built for that tough guy life, it's okay little dude! I love that robot there keeps roasting him too, even while he's being helpful. The guy isn't a miracle worker, after all. There's lots of little moments I like in this whole segment of the episode, like the fake SpongeBob, the tattoo, or even better, when we immediately see how "tough" (more like how Saiyan, amirite (sorry, I'll maybe but not really stop with the DragonBall references)) these people are when they immediately start throwing hands about presumed cutting in line.

Skipping ahead a bit, the fake fight with Patrick is extremely entertaining, not to mention a source of many, many memes. I love how convincingly Patrick manages to kick his own butt, and it's all worth it once we see SpongeBob gain entrance into the Salty Spitoon. His happy proclamation is adorable, and becomes hilarious once juxtaposed with the next shot of him in the ambulance. Poor guy slipped on an ice cube. And Sandy is a real one for coming to the hospital with him. The episode ends with a great zinger about Weenie Hut General, closing out this hilarious and well-crafted episode.

I really enjoy "No Weenies Allowed", I think it's a really funny episode that I have no problems with. For this reason, it's earned its spot in my "Amazing" tier. Definitely one of the betters of the season, but I'm not sure if it cracks the top 5.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10

Back