47b. Can You Spare A Dime?

Squiddykins

take back the falls

In this episode, Mr. Krabs accuses Squidward of stealing his dime. Then, later in the episode, Squidward loses his job.

It's one of the best episodes of Season 3. 8D

Discuss!

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
A great episode! I used to have it for my VideoNow, (remember those?) I have the whole episode memorized, sometimes I run through it in my head when I'm trying to fall asleep.

10/10!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
One of my top 10 episodes.

My favorite part is when Squidward grabs Mr. Krabs' eyes and squeezes them. "here, here, here. See them?" :rofl: I laugh everytime.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I think its a very funny episode, not amazing though. It is the second time SB calls Krabs a "crustaceous cheapstake" (Pickles was the first). I like the parts where SB gets pissed at Squid, like when he gives him the alphabet soup that says "get a job", and when so much time passes by "that the old narrator got tired of waiting and they had to hire a new one." I would give it an 8/10.

"You and me are like brothers...Only closer." (it is revealed that Squidward and SpongeBob's hearts are connected) O_o

Squiddykins

take back the falls
One of my top 10 episodes.

My favorite part is when Squidward grabs Mr. Krabs' eyes and squeezes them. "here, here, here. See them?" :rofl: I laugh everytime.

Yeah, that part was hilarious! :lol:

" * choking Mr. Krabs * Now listen here, you crustaceas cheapskate! Squidward's been living in my house driving me crazy, and you're not gonna hire him back all because of a stupid time?!"

^ Also the best line in this episode.

Grouchy squid guy

Imitation Krab
I love that episode my favorite part of the episode was when squidward was homeless living in the box and asking poeple for spare change spongebob was hillariose in the episode with the puppets and stuff :rolleyes:

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
LISTEN, YOU CRUSTACEOUS CHEAPSKATE! SQUIDWARD'S BEEN LIVING AT MY HOUSE DRIVING MY CRAZY, AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA HIRE HIM BACK ALL BECAUSE OF A STUPID DIME?!?!?!?

One of the best episodes of Season 3. :lol: It's nice to see the tables turned in this episode and have Squidward annoy the heck out of SpongeBob, not the other way around! :D

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
LISTEN, YOU CRUSTACEOUS CHEAPSKATE! SQUIDWARD'S BEEN LIVING AT MY HOUSE DRIVING MY CRAZY, AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA HIRE HIM BACK ALL BECAUSE OF A STUPID DIME?!?!?!?

One of the best episodes of Season 3. :lol: It's nice to see the tables turned in this episode and have Squidward annoy the heck out of SpongeBob, not the other way around! :D

I agree by far. I love this part. :D

About the puppets, I feel that one in the red tie and suit sounded like Mickey Mouse. Their voices are very alike. :)

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
A great episode! I used to have it for my VideoNow, (remember those?)
Sure do! It was like the number 1 thing. I got the Juice Box though because it had a bigger screen... and then never used it again after a few months. Came in handy when we were in Spain though and there was a power cut.

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Probably the maddest I've ever seen SpongeBob would be in this episode. :P
Nah, that would probably be Krusty Love.
Anyway, this episode had lot of great gags, and is great example of how funny Sponge and Squid can be if put in the same scenario. 9/10.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I loved it! My favorite part was basically everything that came out of Spongebob's mouth while Squid was mooching off of him.
"Hm, that's two things that won't work."
"Then go fix them!"
"Two things that woooon't wooooork!"

This episode was a nice change of pace. You really don't normally see Squidward become this spoiled and this bratty before, and the whole idea definitely sounds great on paper. It works even better on screen. Spongebob going crazy from Squidward really made this episode what it is. I didn't know that Mr. Krabs was in business THAT long, though.

10|10 Overall

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode is kinda weird, but it's still entertaining. I like how Squidward is getting help from SpongeBob, even though he thinks SpongeBob is annoying. 7/10

charlie brown

Baby Clam
A good episode of the season. However, there were some flaws that drops down the score a bit. First, it takes a while before the real plot takes place. Also, Mr. Krab's is a really stupid crab because he really thinks Squidward would think his dime is worth stealing. Not one of Season 3's best, but it was still quite funny. This deserves actually an 8 out of a possible 10.

Dr. Peter Lankton

Giant Clam
The way he yelled at Squidward, called him a jerk and then poised himself on top of the freeloading loser? I loved Spongebob's attitude when being fed up of Squidward's never ending whining.

Back