47a. As Seen On TV

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode had some classic moments like the commercial and the stripped sweater. And Spongebob's obliviousness is really fun to watch. 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
It's pretty good with moments of brilliance like the commercial and the striped sweater song.

8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
One of my favourite Season3 episodes,I was always a huge fan of this!!! This episode is brilliant, the song SB made is awesomeas well, there are also some quality and funny quotes...10/10

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
A classic episode, although it bothers me SpongeBob having such an ego thoughout the episode, whatever it works in this episode. but still a fun episode, I would recommend 8.5/10.

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
This episode was really funny. I didn't like this episode that much before but when I rewatched it I found myself laughing a lot. Overall a good episode. 8.5/10

Squidward1984

Imitation Krab
I didn't like this episode very much. The first half was pretty good but I hate the second half. It is way too weak and Spongebob was super annoying. Probably my least favorite episode of season 3.

I'm sorry, but I don't like this episode. Sure, the striped sweater song was good, but SpongeBob's ego was really big (almost as big as Markiplier's) and it can get really obnoxious after a while. As for the commercial itself, it's pretty forgettable.

Ranking so far:
1. Snowball Effect (A+)
2. Idiot Box (A+)
3. Just One Bite (A)
4. Nasty Patty (A)
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
6. The Bully (B)
7. Doing Time (B)
8. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
9. One Krab's Trash (B)
10. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
11. Club SpongeBob (C)
12. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)
13. As Seen On TV (D)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I really like this episode. There are a lot of funny moments, like the commercial, the striped sweater song, and the exchange between Spongebob and Krabs. I did like Spongebob's character for the most part, but it did get a little annoying, especially at the end. You could tell that they were trying to stretch out the episode with anything they could at that point. The good parts of the episode far outweigh the bad though, so it gets a pass.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Idiot Box (10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
3. Snowball Effect (9)
4. Just One Bite (9)
5. As Seen On Tv (8)
6. One Krabs Trash (8)
7. Nasty Patty (8)
8. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
9. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
10. The Bully (7)
11. Doing Time (7)
12. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
13. Club Spongebob (6)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
OLD REVIEW NEW ONE BELOW

I really didnt like this one. SpongeBob was a jerk when he thought he was famous. Sorta left the customers nearly starving to death. I just dont like it and the execution is terrible. The only good thing about it was the song.

Rating: Bad Episode

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I really didnt like this one. SpongeBob was a jerk when he thought he was famous. Sorta left the customers nearly starving to death. I just dont like it and the execution is terrible. The only good thing about it was the song.

Rating: Bad Episode (Worse than The Bully)

Rankings:
Idiot Box (Perfect)
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
Doing Time (Great)
Snowball Effect (Great)
One Krabs Trash (Good)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
MMABBIV (Meh)
Nasty Patty (Bad)
The Bully (Bad)
As Seen on TV (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"As Seen On TV" is a pretty fun episode, however it has the fatal flaw of starting great with a lackluster finish. Let's discuss.

I really enjoy the beginning of this episode. I like the set up of the Krusty Krab making a commercial, and I think it's nice that Mr. Krabs put Squidward in charge of it (at least initially). I wonder how that conversation went down. Whatever the case, I choose to take it as my crumbs of the Mr. Krabs and Squidward friendship we've seen bits and pieces of in various episodes so far. Mr. Krabs firing everybody except the clown is hilarious and such a memorable moment. The job gets stressful, you know? Not that I'd ever want a clown around me (I'm not scared of them, but I am a casual Batman and DC fan lmao), but I can dig it.

Anyway, SpongeBob is absolutely adorable in this first part of the episode, and we get to see one of my favorite SpongeBob faces in the show when he vibrates with excitement over being in the commercial. :sbhappy: Also, side note about this beginning part of the episode, but y'all know the whole incorrect quote with the scene with SpongeBob's nose sticking out of the ground, the one that's been floating around for years? I mean people are convinced that Mr. Krabs says "please tell me that is your nose". There have been a couple funny memes that have come out of this though, won't even lie. But even without all the memes, this moment is pretty funny on its own.

I love how exquisitely low-budget the commercial ends up being, and I also love that we as the audience get to see the results of the commercial. It really does feel like some of the commercials you see on TV, for local places at least. Bad acting, bad editing, yet very charming. SpongeBob's excitement at being in the commercial for even one second is palpable, and the detail in that one painting of him pointing at himself is fantastic. Like I always say, this show has amazing visuals. But speaking of the commercial, I love how Pearl was forced into it as well. Believe it or not, I relate. I haven't been forced into a commercial by my parents, but I have been asked to help them out with work ventures more than once. Not fun. One last thing I wanted to mention about this commercial is that I love how Mr. Krabs is so cheap that he got a slot at basically the worst time. Like why even make the commercial bro lmao.

Moving on, after we see the commercial is when the episode starts to...I won't say take a nosedive, but go on a mild decline. One which will not stop for the rest of the episode. The first issue is seeing SpongeBob get a big head is only entertaining for half the time, and this segment of the episode is not that half. Old Man Jenkins mistaking SpongeBob for a cereal box is pretty funny though, I'll say that. I love how he doesn't even question a box of cereal walking around, even saying see you later to it. But once SpongeBob arrives at the Krusty Krab and starts treating everyone like they're his fans, it gets a bit dull and almost boring. Like I would've been more entertained if I was annoyed with SpongeBob, but in the end I wasn't even that. I was just kind of sitting there waiting for the episode to get on with it, you know? And that's not a fun feeling when you're trying to enjoy yourself.

But things do pick up significantly when SpongeBob decides to quit his job. The whole scene with Mr. Krabs is hilarious, especially with the snapping in the end. The snapping in the door window was a nice touch that added to the hilarity of the scene. Tom Kenny really went off in this episode, making SpongeBob just sound like a egotistical jerk, and I love it. Mr. Krabs' reaction is utterly hilarious, and I love his face when he first hears SpongeBob's talk. The episode, to its credit, does continue on with this good streak, with this great scene leading right into Striped Sweater, which is such a funny song, sung equally hilariously. I love how everyone is completely done with SpongeBob's crap.

However, that's about the end of great times for this episode, and we go straight back to the decline once SpongeBob moves into the kitchen. See, my main problem here is that SpongeBob never really learns in the end to drop this crap and go back to the job he actually loves, so it makes the episode feel unfinished. And in the meantime, his failed attempts at appeasing the customers aren't very entertaining to me. The juggling is just boring, though the dramatics of him slipping and dropping the patties on the grill is pretty funny. But seeing him just cook the Krabby Patties as if it was an act just doesn't work quite right. I don't know what it is, maybe it's a lack of jokes in this segment. And unfortunately, unless they make it look very visually interesting, SpongeBob cooking Krabby Patties on their own isn't all that entertaining for more than a few seconds. And like I said, the episode just ends like that, so it feels almost unfinished.

"As Seen on TV" is a good episode, but it feels like a largely incomplete project. I think this could've been remedied if they cut a bit of SpongeBob acting like everyone is his fan, and had a resolution in the end where SpongeBob realizes that this is his passion. Mr. Krabs helps this along a little bit, but that last line, while somewhat funny in its irony, would've been better if SpongeBob just genuinely realized that he prefers fry cooking to trying to be a celebrity, you know? But I can definitely see how some people would prefer the episode the way it is, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't work for me. So, this episode is solidly in my "Good" tier, because it's nowhere near bad, but not as good as it could've been.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.5/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"As Seen On TV" is a pretty fun episode, however it has the fatal flaw of starting great with a lackluster finish. Let's discuss.

I really enjoy the beginning of this episode. I like the set up of the Krusty Krab making a commercial, and I think it's nice that Mr. Krabs put Squidward in charge of it (at least initially). I wonder how that conversation went down. Whatever the case, I choose to take it as my crumbs of the Mr. Krabs and Squidward friendship we've seen bits and pieces of in various episodes so far. Mr. Krabs firing everybody except the clown is hilarious and such a memorable moment. The job gets stressful, you know? Not that I'd ever want a clown around me (I'm not scared of them, but I am a casual Batman and DC fan lmao), but I can dig it.

Anyway, SpongeBob is absolutely adorable in this first part of the episode, and we get to see one of my favorite SpongeBob faces in the show when he vibrates with excitement over being in the commercial. :sbhappy: Also, side note about this beginning part of the episode, but y'all know the whole incorrect quote with the scene with SpongeBob's nose sticking out of the ground, the one that's been floating around for years? I mean people are convinced that Mr. Krabs says "please tell me that is your nose". There have been a couple funny memes that have come out of this though, won't even lie. But even without all the memes, this moment is pretty funny on its own.

I love how exquisitely low-budget the commercial ends up being, and I also love that we as the audience get to see the results of the commercial. It really does feel like some of the commercials you see on TV, for local places at least. Bad acting, bad editing, yet very charming. SpongeBob's excitement at being in the commercial for even one second is palpable, and the detail in that one painting of him pointing at himself is fantastic. Like I always say, this show has amazing visuals. But speaking of the commercial, I love how Pearl was forced into it as well. Believe it or not, I relate. I haven't been forced into a commercial by my parents, but I have been asked to help them out with work ventures more than once. Not fun. One last thing I wanted to mention about this commercial is that I love how Mr. Krabs is so cheap that he got a slot at basically the worst time. Like why even make the commercial bro lmao.

Moving on, after we see the commercial is when the episode starts to...I won't say take a nosedive, but go on a mild decline. One which will not stop for the rest of the episode. The first issue is seeing SpongeBob get a big head is only entertaining for half the time, and this segment of the episode is not that half. Old Man Jenkins mistaking SpongeBob for a cereal box is pretty funny though, I'll say that. I love how he doesn't even question a box of cereal walking around, even saying see you later to it. But once SpongeBob arrives at the Krusty Krab and starts treating everyone like they're his fans, it gets a bit dull and almost boring. Like I would've been more entertained if I was annoyed with SpongeBob, but in the end I wasn't even that. I was just kind of sitting there waiting for the episode to get on with it, you know? And that's not a fun feeling when you're trying to enjoy yourself.

But things do pick up significantly when SpongeBob decides to quit his job. The whole scene with Mr. Krabs is hilarious, especially with the snapping in the end. The snapping in the door window was a nice touch that added to the hilarity of the scene. Tom Kenny really went off in this episode, making SpongeBob just sound like a egotistical jerk, and I love it. Mr. Krabs' reaction is utterly hilarious, and I love his face when he first hears SpongeBob's talk. The episode, to its credit, does continue on with this good streak, with this great scene leading right into Striped Sweater, which is such a funny song, sung equally hilariously. I love how everyone is completely done with SpongeBob's crap.

However, that's about the end of great times for this episode, and we go straight back to the decline once SpongeBob moves into the kitchen. See, my main problem here is that SpongeBob never really learns in the end to drop this crap and go back to the job he actually loves, so it makes the episode feel unfinished. And in the meantime, his failed attempts at appeasing the customers aren't very entertaining to me. The juggling is just boring, though the dramatics of him slipping and dropping the patties on the grill is pretty funny. But seeing him just cook the Krabby Patties as if it was an act just doesn't work quite right. I don't know what it is, maybe it's a lack of jokes in this segment. And unfortunately, unless they make it look very visually interesting, SpongeBob cooking Krabby Patties on their own isn't all that entertaining for more than a few seconds. And like I said, the episode just ends like that, so it feels almost unfinished.

"As Seen on TV" is a good episode, but it feels like a largely incomplete project. I think this could've been remedied if they cut a bit of SpongeBob acting like everyone is his fan, and had a resolution in the end where SpongeBob realizes that this is his passion. Mr. Krabs helps this along a little bit, but that last line, while somewhat funny in its irony, would've been better if SpongeBob just genuinely realized that he prefers fry cooking to trying to be a celebrity, you know? But I can definitely see how some people would prefer the episode the way it is, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't work for me. So, this episode is solidly in my "Good" tier, because it's nowhere near bad, but not as good as it could've been.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.5/10
this episode and alot of late season 3 episodes, have a weird season 4 feeling to them, i dont know how to explain it

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
this episode and alot of late season 3 episodes, have a weird season 4 feeling to them, i dont know how to explain it
I know exactly what you mean. It's probably because a lot of those episodes were in production around the same time (at least, I've read or heard somewhere that some season 4 episodes were in production at the same time as some season 3 ones)

Back