45a. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
This is a good episode.
I don't like the ending where Bikini Bottom is tiny but Plankton is big, I don't know why.

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Luckily I'm not the only one who hates this episode. This is my least favourite pre-movie episode. It's just...not funny, and repetitive, and everyone tries to murder Spongebob. Just, not fun.

And Wumbo has to be one of the most cringe-worthy unfunny moments in the entire show.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Awesome episode, Wumbo ranks with one of the best moments and the rest of the episode is quite interesting. SpongeBob's actions with the belt are very funny and use some great animation, the plot is original but still fantastic and hilarious.

9/10

Fondue Pot

Delicious
This episode was not that funny. It's more boring, than anything. Even Wumbo isn't that funny. And everyone destroying SpongeBob's body was...OOC to say the least. The only part I liked was Squidward's transformations. I imagine the storyboarders and Rodger Bumpass had a lot of fun making that scene. Also, the fish who says "Wassup, Sponge?" makes me laugh for some reason.

3.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Really overrated episode IMO. It's meh. One of my bottom favourite episodes from MM&BB , even though I was never a fan of MM&BB...When all of the Bikini Bottomites , MM, BB and others were destroying SpongeBob's inside system I was really irritated and agry as a kid, more than the Squidward torture episodes, and the ''Wumbo'' or whatever scene never was really that appealing to me...I'll be strict to that one even though I don't hate it, but they didn't do a pretty good work with this one IMO,and seeing SB suffer just because of MM's mistake was just terrible, not to mention that I did not laugh AT ALL with this episode...Patrick being that stupid (reminded me of his stupidity in seasons 5-8..) wasn't funny at all, definitely one of the quotes that I never understood why are they so famous...there are tons of better ones...TONES....and also, TONES of other BETTER episodes on that season...even though I don't hate it, I gotta take into account that for a season 3 episode, it's not that appealing nor it's funny...and sometimes, I do take into consideration my mood the first time I watched it, I was pretty angry..I am giving it a 3/10 making it worse than meh but not that bad as some others like ''I am With Stupid'' !

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
I always thought this was a post movie episode, I don't know why. It was meh. There were some good jokes but a lot of the episode was boring. I forgot about this episode until I watched it again. 5/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
I was on the fence on giving this a 9.5 or 10, but i'm going to give this a 10, Wumbo is perfect, but aside from that it features Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and the ending was perfect as well.

10/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This one usually slips past my radar due to how high-reaching most MM/BB episodes are, but this one is actually pretty amazing. Every minute has something extremely entertaining and it never slows down.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode is pretty overrated in my book. I see a lot of people praising this one and some who say this is the absolute best. I like this episode, but it is NOT my favorite of the original five. It's actually not even my second or third favorite.

I tend to like stories quite a bit. I like an episode with a nice story to keep me interested. I like a sense of adventure, I like a good plot that keeps me coming back. This episode's "conflict" is one of the worst yet. It starts off with him getting the belt, and I'm going to say this, the entire episode's story began on a gag. Mermaid Man simply said something to Barnacle Boy about saving room for seconds for almost no reason, he just did, and his belt stayed off. It's not the biggest deal, but it kind of shows that they knew this plot would be pretty flimsy. Then, SpongeBob messes around with the belt, which makes sense, but the fact that he won't even return it, after Squidward has been shrunk makes him look pretty petty. I don't really like how he acts here. Not Party Pooper Pants levels, but still not naive, just ill-founded for the sake of the story.

Then the plot just says screw it, and has SpongeBob just go around shrinking everyone for NO REASON, he just does it because "he's scared" yeah after the 20th shrinkage you'd think he'd catch on. Also, the belt's never been proven to shrink people in other episodes. Why not take one of their gloves and he gets the whirlpool? That would've been cool, but yeah it's really dumb. The small people beating up SpongeBob is also kinda stupid, but not really after what just happened, and then he shrinks everything as the solution, which is kinda clever, but I would've preferred it if there was an actual resolution to this plot.

In the end, this episode's plot is a giant mess with no sense whatsoever. I do find it very funny, which saves it from being mediocre, but I'm going to just call it GOOD 7.2/10

Good episode. I think it's underrated. Of the MM&BB sextology, this would be my third favorite. I like Wumbo, I like a lot of the jokes in this episode. It's great comedy-wise, but story-wise, it IS a little weird.

Ranking so far:
1. Idiot Box (A+)
2. Just One Bite (A)
3. Nasty Patty (A)
4. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
5. The Bully (B)
6. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
7. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
8. Club SpongeBob (C)
9. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was good, but I think it could've been better if it focused more on MM and BB themselves instead of Spongebob. There's some good comedy in here, but the plot is really strange. I don't really understand why Spongebob started shrinking everyone for no reason, and the ending is pretty weird too. This is still a good episode, but it's probably my least favorite of all the MM&BB episodes, aside from the second one.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Idiot Box (10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
3. Just One Bite (9)
4. Nasty Patty (8)
5. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
6. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
7. The Bully (7)
8. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
9. Club Spongebob (6)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
The only good part here was Wumbo but this was a boring episode.

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
Idiot Box (Perfect)
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
MMABBIV (Meh)
Nasty Patty (Bad)
The Bully (Bad)

I am reviewed out now i will review Doing Time through KKTV tommorrow