44a. Nasty Patty

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
This episode is so awesome! Kaz begin his short Spongebob career on a high note! He ended it on a high note as well. Also, one of the reasons why Paul Tibbitt is my favorite Spongebob writer!
10/10

Edit: Kaz begun writing Spongebob again in 2015.

I really like dark comedy, so this episode has a special spot in my heart. The episode is insanely funny and does dark comedy right (unlike some episodes in post-movie [minus Karate Star, love that joke]). My 6th favorite episode of all time. 10/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
10 , this episode is fantastic, hilarious plot, good and funny quotes NOT BORING AT ALL , and I liked SB stupidity :)

Fondue Pot

Delicious
I'm just going to say this:

Dark humor is the best humor. This episode pulled it off excellently.

10/10

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
One of the best episodes of the series. The humor, the character interaction, everything in this episode is PERFECT.

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
This episode is really good. I really love when SpongeBob does dark humor if they do it well, and they did it excellently here. 9/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
A bit overrated but it's still an amazing episode with some great dark humor and really good jokes.

9/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
No matter how I slice it, this episode is genius. Combining a dark atmosphere, yet making it witty and fun is what I thought to be impossible. It's basically a Courage the Cowardly Dog premise implemented into SpongeBob. It doesn't mess around, it gets to the point, and it gives great jokes a long the way. No one is ill meaning, no one feels intolerable, even Mr. Krabs who for once doesn't care about money at all (for most of the episode). I love how the cops are put here, they make it very dark yet understandably fun. Because we know the inspector isn't actually dead, so it works in a way that makes light of the situation. Krabs and SpongeBob didn't intend to kill him, they thought he was trying to steal. The touch of it being a fly at first, is great, because he didn't even eat the patty. Their continued missteps harming him is also accidental. It doesn't feel like a torture, considering SpongeBob is very remorseful. There are still stakes, of them landing in jail, so I still am invested, and the ending is also really funny. I felt kind of bad for the inspector throughout this, but it's not like a Squidward incident, because like I said, it revolves all around it. This is episode is awesome, I love it, a great Halloween episode to watch right after Scaredy Pants, and I will always save a spot for it in my Season 3 top 10.

I thought this episode was GREAT: 9.7/10

I love the dark humor this episode has. It fits the episode really well. While the comedy isn't the best, the story is really good so I can let it slide.

Ranking so far:
1. Just One Bite (A)
2. Nasty Patty (A)
3. The Bully (B)
4. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
5. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
6. Club SpongeBob (C)
7. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
A really good episode. This episode does an amazing job at upping the tension every minute without forgetting to incorporate some great jokes into the mix. I will say that Mr. Krabs did annoy me a bit in the beginning and it did feel a little draggy at times, the rest of this episode manages to keep me interested throughout the whole thing.

Good episode (8/10)

1. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
2. Just One Bite (9)
3. Nasty Patty (8)
4. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
5. The Bully (7)
6. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
7. Club Spongebob (6)

Back