43a. Just One Bite

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
This one is almost perfect but not quite, Squidward was a bit mean at the beginning, but do i need to say anything else for the rest?

9.5/10

We're back on track with an episode I quite like. It's funny, and Squidward's comeuppance at the end was totally justified. It's a fun watch, and totally relatable.

Ranking so far:
1. Just One Bite (A)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
3. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
4. Club SpongeBob (C)
5. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
One of Squidward's best episodes. It portrays a side of him we don't get to see often, and they do a lot with it. There's tons of great jokes, likeable characters, and an entertaining and relatable plot. What else could you want in an episode?

Great episode (9/10)

1. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
2. Just One Bite (9)
3. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
4. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
5. Club Spongebob (6)

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
9/10

because of Spongebob does the tiny smiling face where he asked if Squidward likes the patties lol

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
(OLD REVIEW, NEW REVIEW BELOW)
Plot: (10/10): I love this plot. It's one of my favorite plots in the entire show. The concept of Squidward not liking Krabby Patties, but then trying them and liking them is both creative and doesn't stick too far out of the regular. It's a simple, nicely thought out plot that is very good.

Humor: (5/5): Man, this episode is funny. The part where Harold is chugging the mayonnaise, to the dream that Squidward has about marrying a giant Krabby Patty, to the part where he discovers the Patty Vault and eats a LOT of Krabby Patties, to even the face SpongeBob makes when he notices Squidward likes Krabby Patties. It's all really funny.

Visuals: (9/10): Looks the same as any regular pre-movie SpongeBob episode. The only thing removing the half point is that the close-up of Squidward's face is kinda disgusting.

Episode score: 215 points.

Last edited:

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
10/10

Second favorite season 3 episode, and my third favorite episode of all time. This one's got a neat plot that's just right. Not too complex, not too shallow. I also find this one of the funniest episodes. I used to consider this my favorite, but I think Idiot Box and Fear of a Krabby Patty are better, so that changed. This episode does break continuity a bit, but because of it's implementation, I can overlook it. Overall, one of my faves.

Just One Bite: (10/10)
The Algaes Always Greener: (10/10)
My Pretty Seahorse: (9/10)
Club SpongeBob: (8.5/10)
SpongeGuard On Duty: (6.5/10)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
In Your Shoe's Untied, Squidward gets Krabby Patties shoved down his throat. In this episode, apparently he hasn't tried a krabby patty, even though in Your Shoe's Untied, Squidward does eat and swallow krabby patties, well, on accident.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
OLD REVIEW NEW ONE BELOW HEYO_HEYO'S POST

Honestly... I think this is an okay episode... its funny but pretty boring

Final rating: 5/10 Meh

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Why did i consider this meh before? I must have not sensed the hilarity here. I like this episode now i like the plot and the concept was pretty clever. If you have yet to see this one take just one bite of this episode and see it yourself!

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we have a certified classic, "Just One Bite"! I'm just going to come right out and say it; I quite like this episode. Is it anywhere near the best of the season? Oh absolutely not, but it is a very good episode, so let's talk about it!

This episode begins with Squidward being an eternal restaurant/retail worker mood, I would know. Listen man, judging people is how we can make the job even remotely interesting! Anyway, I love how SpongeBob initially takes Squidward's proclamation of hating Krabby Patties to be a joke, and then I love how legitimately concerned the little sponge gets when he realizes Squidward's being serious. With how heavenly these patties seem to be, I'd be concerned too! I love Squidward's dramatics throughout the scene where he first tries a Krabby Patty, with the burial and then the excavation.

Squidward is really good in this episode, and I like how the entire plot is because of his fatal flaw of pride. I mean think about it, he wanted to be right so badly, and it turns out SpongeBob was right all along, so he decided to crush SpongeBob's dreams even though he was acting. And in the end, SpongeBob wouldn't have been so smug if Squidward just said he liked Krabby Patties in the first place. This is what happens when we get character-driven writing!

My least favorite part of the episode is probably the Triple Krabby Supreme part. I think it lasts a bit too long, but I understand why it was done that way, to show Squidward's anticipation and desperation. The scene ends well anyway, with Squidward digging everything from the trash but the Krabby Patty, and then SpongeBob cremating the poor thing. The fact that Squidward ends up being reduced to tears over it is hilarious. If only Doordash existed back then, eh Squidward?

I love how bizzare Squidward's dream is in this episode, and how that motivates him to get his hands on a Krabby Patty (literally, the entry on the SpongeBob wiki for this episode says "After having a dream of a giant Krabby Patty as his wife", like that just makes me laugh for no reason haha). This is a good a place as any to mention it, but I think the deleted scenes in this episode are hilarious. I wish they could be added back in now, but I guess it's too late? It's never too late, imo. Anyway, this whole last section of the episode is hilarious. Squidward's desperation plus SpongeBob's smugness is just too funny, and then when Squidward finally goes wild, it feels satisfying. Of course, this wouldn't be SpongeBob SquarePants without an extremely detailed painting, or a random explosion. And I love how the paramedic responds to Squidward, closing out the episode.

"Just One Bite" is an excellent episode that I have no real problems with. Yeah, there's a slow moment or two, but it isn't grating, so I'm only taking a couple points off for that, rather than a tier. This episode belongs in my "Amazing" tier, and so there it shall be.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9/10

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Just One Bite has a hilarious and classic premise. The premise is the grumpy Squidward says he doesn't like Krabby Patties, but then he actually tries one and loves it! It's so funny and entertaining to watch Squidward obsess over Krabby Patties while trying to not let others find out. I like the creativity of Squidward's fantasy sequences with Krabby Patties too. SpongeBob's face when he realizes Squidward likes Krabby Patties at the end is hilarious! It's so iconic and well-known now. And Squidward panics and gets defensive at first during this discovery. Then Squidward admits it and goes crazy for the Patties. But he ends up eating too many. Funny stuff. I think this episode does a good job supporting the character development of Squidward (especially in the earlier seasons). It shows that while he acts grumpy a lot of the time, him enjoying Krabby Patties shows that he has a fun side to him too. This is seen in other episodes like Idiot Box, The Paper, and Snowball Effect.

And about the deleted scene. It is said to be removed for being too violent. I don't generally like it when something that has already been aired is removed or censored. But I can kinda understand why they did it. Showing gas being flammable is a little inappropriate. I still don't feel the best about it being removed, but it was also a different time due to current events. I'm not sure how I feel exactly about its removal. On one hand, I don't feel the best about it being censored after already airing, but on the other hand I can somewhat understand why they censored it. At least it's a quick scene, and not an entire episode being banned! This scene is definitely an interesting part of SpongeBob's history!

Overall, this is a hilarious and memorable episode while also giving Squidward a little bit of character development.

:sbface:

Back