42a. Club Spongebob

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

I was just watching this episode this morning, and it is REALLY good!
smile.gif

Not only is it a good story, but there's a lot of funny moments in it. In the dialogue, and the animation. It also has a great, season 3, non-concluding ending. Which I love!

What do you guys think?

hasfarr

your mom
All hail the magic conch! LOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOO!

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Eh? I've never really found it that funny. It has its good moments but it's not one I instantly remember.

Squiddykins

take back the falls
I think this is one of my favorite Squidward episodes! I lol'ed how The Magic Conch shell won't let him eat anything but Patrick can. :lol:

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
I just can't comprehend what's so darn funny about this episode. I think people just assume it's funny cause it's a Season 3 SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward outing (which are usually awesome), but this episode offers me NOTHING.
Seriously what's so hillarious about it? The Conch Signal? What humor does it offer, saying "No" to Squidward all the time? If this was post-movie people would be *bleep*ing about how that's "unfunny Squidward abuse".
The best part of this episode is the Patrick/coffin gag, which isn't even that good.
I used to call this a great episode myself until I rewatched it about two years ago and realize the humor is reptitive and not even remotely close to as good as people say.
I can't think of an episode from Season 2 or 3 I like less. MAYBE Ugh, but even that's debateable.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
I completely disagree. I think it's a fantastic episode all around, one of the best that has the trio of Sponge, Pat, and Squid. Probably in my top five.

For one, it's in a unique location, and the falling-right-out-of-the-sky part is hilarious.

It has yummy delicious super terrific sandwiches and everything. It can't be that bad. :P

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I like it. :) I think it's quite funny and amusing, especially when Squidward can't eat the sandwich and Patrick can. :P However, I have to agree with "I am the cheese" that if this was a post-movie episode, some people would be complaining on how it has "Squidward abuse."

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
I disagree about Squidward abuse.

He freely chooses to go in the forest, and then the magic conch doesn't allow him to eat.

That's much different from SpongeBob and Patrick directly causing physical harm to him.

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
I disagree about Squidward abuse.

He freely chooses to go in the forest, and then the magic conch doesn't allow him to eat.

That's much different from SpongeBob and Patrick directly causing physical harm to him.
Wait what? O_o
First off, how does he freely choose to go to the forest? He is flung there against his will.
Second of all, the sheer fact that the Magic Conch doesn't allow him to eat anything IS abuse to him. The injustice of it showcases Squidward's bad luck, and a bad thing unfairly happens to him. THAT'S SQUIDWARD ABUSE! Bad things happening to him is Squidward abuse, bad luck that harms him is Squidward abuse on the writer's part, it doesn't just have to involve SpongeBob and Patrick doing it.
You can defend that you somehow find it funny, but the abuse is a 100% fact.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
I mean when he chooses to go searching for a way out, when Sponge and Pat just sit there where they landed.

And the conch is basically the main point of the episode. "Abuse" is the wrong word. There's a big difference between this episode and something like Squidtastic Voyage.

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
I mean when he chooses to go searching for a way out, when Sponge and Pat just sit there where they landed.

And the conch is basically the main point of the episode. "Abuse" is the wrong word. There's a big difference between this episode and something like Squidtastic Voyage.
Well all I know is people WOULD, without a doubt criticize this episode for "the writer's hating Squidward". Squidward does get abused, by the Conch in this episode. Also SpongeBob and Patrick also don't let him have any food, that's abuse.

spongey37

Moby Dollar
First part was funny...

But when they flew off in the forest.

It was a...

10/4

...Decent.

Back