42a. Club Spongebob

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I legit almost fell asleep during this one i have a total of 5 reasons on why this one was okay. For 1 This episode was boring for 2 some parts of it didnt make sense for 3 almost nothing about was funny for 4 it contains alot of Squidward torture and lastly the only good part was "ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!"

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Club SpongeBob" is seen by many as one of the GOATs. And I agree, it's an excellent episode. It's hard for me to say if it's one of the greatest in all of SpongeBob SquarePants, since I don't really rank outside of season, and because I haven't finished reviewing every episode, but I will say it's probably in the top 15%. But let's talk about this episode!

This is another one of those episodes with two distinct sections, though the first section is very short compared to the rest. Doesn't mean it's bad though, I really love the beginning of this episode. SpongeBob and Patrick hanging out in their club house is really cute, and I love how they immediately start messing with Squidward. I also love SpongeBob's little reveal that they've been stuck up there for days once Squidward gets up there, and then I love how the best friends enthusiastically initiate Squidward into their club. It's all very wholesome. And then I love how you can just tell what's about to happen once Squidward starts trying to leave the club house, with the tree inching down more and more. Rodger Bumpass really showed up and showed out with that scream as Squidward and the rest fly through the air.

The visuals of Kelp Forest are absolutely gorgeous in this episode, I just wanted to say that. Squidward's immediate panic about their situation is hilarious, and I love the absurdity of SpongeBob and Patrick relying on the parody of the Magic 8 Ball to survive (I can relate a lot to Squidward in this episode, because those things never gave me the answers I wanted either haha). I really like the blank looks on SpongeBob and Patrick's faces in this episode too, when they're told to do nothing. They're honestly so perfect, so kudos to whoever came up with those looks.

Of course, who can forget about the moment of delicious irony when Squidward disparages SpongeBob and Patrick's listening to the magic conch shell, only for everything they need and more to conveniently drop from a plane. Just hilarious, and satisfying! Especially when the bug Squidward's cooking knocks him in the head with a stick lol. And then things only get funnier when the magic conch shell begins to deny Squidward of this food. Should've believed in the magic, buddy. Though I would be just like Squidward, perhaps without being so rude though. Personally, I'm just built different, so I would've made it out of Kelp Forest.

Anyway, I also love the ending to this episode, and I think it's the funniest part of the whole thing, probably in part because it's at the end. I mean we've been sitting here, watching Squidward suffer, and when he finally meets salvation, turns out he's a cult I mean club member too. And all the goofy expressions and great voice acting just make the whole thing. And then of course we have the magic conch shell telling everyone to do nothing, and Squidward losing the last of his sanity, all to round out this excellent episode.

I truly have no problems with this episode. It's a great and enjoyable ride, even if lighter on the jokes than other episodes. It belongs in my "Amazing" tier for sure, and probably in the top 5 of the season, but it's definitely up against some stiff competition.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"Club SpongeBob" is seen by many as one of the GOATs. And I agree, it's an excellent episode. It's hard for me to say if it's one of the greatest in all of SpongeBob SquarePants, since I don't really rank outside of season, and because I haven't finished reviewing every episode, but I will say it's probably in the top 15%. But let's talk about this episode!

This is another one of those episodes with two distinct sections, though the first section is very short compared to the rest. Doesn't mean it's bad though, I really love the beginning of this episode. SpongeBob and Patrick hanging out in their club house is really cute, and I love how they immediately start messing with Squidward. I also love SpongeBob's little reveal that they've been stuck up there for days once Squidward gets up there, and then I love how the best friends enthusiastically initiate Squidward into their club. It's all very wholesome. And then I love how you can just tell what's about to happen once Squidward starts trying to leave the club house, with the tree inching down more and more. Rodger Bumpass really showed up and showed out with that scream as Squidward and the rest fly through the air.

The visuals of Kelp Forest are absolutely gorgeous in this episode, I just wanted to say that. Squidward's immediate panic about their situation is hilarious, and I love the absurdity of SpongeBob and Patrick relying on the parody of the Magic 8 Ball to survive (I can relate a lot to Squidward in this episode, because those things never gave me the answers I wanted either haha). I really like the blank looks on SpongeBob and Patrick's faces in this episode too, when they're told to do nothing. They're honestly so perfect, so kudos to whoever came up with those looks.

Of course, who can forget about the moment of delicious irony when Squidward disparages SpongeBob and Patrick's listening to the magic conch shell, only for everything they need and more to conveniently drop from a plane. Just hilarious, and satisfying! Especially when the bug Squidward's cooking knocks him in the head with a stick lol. And then things only get funnier when the magic conch shell begins to deny Squidward of this food. Should've believed in the magic, buddy. Though I would be just like Squidward, perhaps without being so rude though. Personally, I'm just built different, so I would've made it out of Kelp Forest.

Anyway, I also love the ending to this episode, and I think it's the funniest part of the whole thing, probably in part because it's at the end. I mean we've been sitting here, watching Squidward suffer, and when he finally meets salvation, turns out he's a cult I mean club member too. And all the goofy expressions and great voice acting just make the whole thing. And then of course we have the magic conch shell telling everyone to do nothing, and Squidward losing the last of his sanity, all to round out this excellent episode.

I truly have no problems with this episode. It's a great and enjoyable ride, even if lighter on the jokes than other episodes. It belongs in my "Amazing" tier for sure, and probably in the top 5 of the season, but it's definitely up against some stiff competition.

Episode Score: 9.3/10
''magic conch shell, is this review good?''

''yes'' - magic conch shell

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive

Episode Score: 9.3/10
''why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled with misery''

just wait 3 more seasons squiddy

Juniper_Belmer

Imitation Krab
i think that truth or square is in this season. If it;s not than pls tell me. I don't want to post my theories until I know. ty

Juniper_Belmer

Imitation Krab
I legit almost fell asleep during this one i have a total of 5 reasons on why this one was okay. For 1 This episode was boring for 2 some parts of it didnt make sense for 3 almost nothing about was funny for 4 it contains alot of Squidward torture and lastly the only good part was "ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!"

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!! LLULULULULULULOJLULOULULOULUOLUO!!

GetWelded

Welcome to the Chum Bucket #1 fan
8/10 - This one was really good

PROS:
Amazing idea
A Lot of funny jokes like "drop the load" and "conch always says no"
Squidward was good here
SpongeBob and Patrick were decent

CONS:
SpongeBob and Patrick (while decent) were annoying as hell
The ranger was a total dunce and only gave a ::dolphin noise:: about the conch shell

Back