3DS & Wii U eShop Closing on March 27th 2023

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Yeah so I decided to buy a whole bunch of stupid download-only 3DS games since it was my last chance. I ended up buying some awful shovelware racing games and a zombie hunter game called Operation Cobra that looks like it was made in Roblox that cost me $2.99. Best money I've ever spent.

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
And this is where the WORST news in the history of eShop comes in... the Shopping Bag Guy, the mascot of the eShops for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, has been confirmed as deceased. There's more to that story that meets the eye here, but I'll make a thread about it.

R.I.P. Baggy the Bag (unofficial name) AKA The Shopping Bag
June 6, 2011 - March 27, 2023

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
And this is where the WORST news in the history of eShop comes in... the Shopping Bag Guy, the mascot of the eShops for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, has been confirmed as deceased. There's more to that story that meets the eye here, but I'll make a thread about it.

R.I.P. Baggy the Bag (unofficial name) AKA The Shopping Bag
June 6, 2011 - March 27, 2023
I accidentally haha-ed this at first but that is sad šŸ˜­

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
Yeah I know. We need to put the poor little bag to rest. :sbbye: And for that, Gary's Adventure is being delayed... again. For a new fanfic that is basically an obituary to the mascot of eShop.

Also @Season 4-11 I read your post about Nintendo wiping out several console libraries of their own, and my reaction was: WTS?! (What the shrimp?!) That, combined with Nintendo shutting down fan games using their IPs, make me wonder if we should continue supporting Nintendo any longer.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
BREAKING NEWS! This page has confirmed that you can still redeem download codes!
Important: As the feature to redeem download codes was disabled earlier than scheduled, we've extended the ability to redeem download codes until approximately 9:30 PM Pacific Time on April 3, 2023. Please redeem any remaining download codes from the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U before then.
Are any of you relieved to hear this news? 9:30 PM Pacific Time would be:

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I mean it's basically nothing. That just means if you have a digital game code you can redeem it. You still can't add funds using those codes, and unless you already have a game code off a card or something it doesn't matter. But honestly, if they're gonna extend it they should just leave that feature up. It keeps sales going for all those digital game cards I'm sure they still have.

Back