39a. Jellyfish Hunter

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 2

Episode: Jellyfish Hunter

This episode was terrific. The plot was nice. Mr Krabs was kinda greedy here and mean to the jellyfishes here, but it didn't bother me that much. I liked the song at he beginning. There were many funny jokes. 9/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Better and funnier version of SpongeBob's Last Stand. A solid episode with a good story. 9/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Classic episode that knows how to make Mr. Krabs an antagonist while making him funny and not annoying or irritating. Fred's musical number is a classic, but the highlight is obviously :moar:

10/10
:moar:

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It was boring at times but I have to agree that it concluded a lot of humourous quotes and the song was funny, the ending was sweet but it was boring at least for me at some parts...can't give it more than 6.5/10 based on my tastes always

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Okay, I watched this episode again and grown to like it a bit more. I didn't really use to like it because Mr. Krabs was being greedy and made SpongeBob a slave pretty much, but he did get his comeuppance and there was good moments like MOAR! and it looks like someone want to sell me something!

7.5/10

PinkPearl

insert title here
The good stuff:
Spongebob has a childish sense of humor, but it's cute and not stiff and stilted like it is in some later seasons.
Ah, the quotes. Some are quite known and some are very underappreciated.
-MOAR!
-Alright, who's playing Squidward's records again?

-Fred's musical debut! Although it doesn't make me cry laughing anymore, it's still amusing. I also like when Mr. Krabs envisions him on a dollar bill.
-Spongebob's paranoia scene is hilarious. I love his laugh after he says that Gary forgot to pay the electric bill, too.
-It's a pretty good message without it beating us over the head...at least not too much.

The bad stuff:
Upon this latest viewing, Mr. Krabs comes off very Plankton-ish with his jellyfish factory.

Generally a good episode, and how can it not be if Fred plays a great role? 9/10

The most underrated episode of Season 2 and one of my favorites of Season 2: Jellyfish Hunter. This gem brought us MOAR and the most memorable moments such as Fred's song... story has a good structure to it and a funny ending. 10/10

Mr. Krabs is a bit of a jerk here, but this episode is quite funny. I think more could've been done with the plot but other than that this episode's not bad.

Ranking so far:
1. Sailor Mouth (A+)
2. Graveyard Shift (A+)
3. Patty Hype (A+)
4. Band Geeks (A+)
5. Survival of the Idiots (A+)
6. Pressure (A+)
7. Big Pink Loser (A+)
8. Shanghaied (A)
9. Life of Crime (A)
10. Dying For Pie (A)
11. Christmas Who? (A)
12. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III (A)
13. Squidville (A)
14. Gary Takes a Bath (A)
15. Squid's Day Off (A)
16. Welcome to the Chum Bucket (B)
17. Imitation Krabs (B)
18. Krusty Love (B)
19. Frankendoodle (B)
20. No Free Rides (B)
21. Squirrel Jokes (B)
22. Procrastination (B)
23. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
24. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (B)
25. Prehibernation Week (B)
26. Something Smells (B)
27. Jellyfish Hunter (B)
28. Wormy (C)
29. The Smoking Peanut (C)
30. Bossy Boots (C)
31. The Secret Box (C)
32. Bubble Buddy (C)
33. I'm With Stupid (D)
34. Artist Unknown (D)
35. Dumped (E)
36. Grandma's Kisses (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I used to dislike this episode, but it has grown on me a bit. It isn't the most memorable or funny, but it has a good plot and a good message. Mr. Krabs was a bit overbearing in this episode, but at least he got his comeuppance, and he's nowhere near as bad as he is in later seasons. The ending is also pretty sweet.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Graveyard Shift (10)
2. Procrastination (10)
3. Band Geeks (10)
4. Shanghaied (9)
5. Dying For Pie (9)
6. Something Smells (9)
7. Patty Hype (9)
8. Squidville (9)
9. Artist Unknown (9)
10. Welcome to the Chum Bucket (9)
11. Survival of the Idiots (9)
12. Christmas Who? (9)
13. Big Pink Loser (9)
14. Frankendoodle (8)
15. Squid's Day Off (8)
16. Wormy (8)
17. Sailor Mouth (8)
18. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III (8)
19. The Secret Box (8)
20. Imitation Krabs (8)
21. Life of Crime (8)
22. Krusty Love (7)
23. Prehibernation Week (7)
24. Pressure (7)
25. Jellyfish Hunter (7)
26. Gary Takes A Bath (7)
27. No Free Rides (7)
28. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (7)
29. The Smoking Peanut (7)
30. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
31. Bossy Boots (6)
32. Dumped (6)
33. I'm With Stupid (6)
34. Bubble Buddy (5)
35. Squirrel Jokes (5)
36. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
9.5/10

This is (or at least I think) the first episode I watched, so I do have nostalgia for it. This is a very overhated episode, as sure Mr. Krabs was pretty cheap, at least he got what he deserved. Also, the "Hey All You People!" was nice. I also found No Name a pretty good character. This episode did have some funny jokes. Overall, a pretty nice episode.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Sailor Mouth: (9.5/10)
Christmas Who?: (9.5/10)
Procrastination: (9.5/10)
FrankenDoodle: (9.5/10)
Shanghaied: (9.5/10)
Jellyfish Hunter: (9.5/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Graveyard Shift: (9/10)
Welcome to the Chum Bucket: (9/10)
Band Geeks: (9/10)
MM&BB III: (9/10)
No Free Rides: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Survival of the Idiots: (8.5/10)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: (8.5/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
The Smoking Peanut: (8/10)
The Secret Box: (8/10)
Artist Unknown: (7/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Gary Takes A Bath: (5/10)
Krusty Love: (4.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)
Squirrel Jokes: (3.5/10)
Dumped: (1.5/10)
I'm With Stupid: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Fun just a fun episode i liked this one the song was neat!

Rating: Great episode

Rankings:
Graveyard Shift (Golden)
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Band Geeks (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Krusty Love (Perfect)
Frankendoodle (Perfect)
Shanghaied (Perfect)
Pressure (Perfect)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Artist Unknown (Amazing!)
No Free Rides (Amazing!)
MMABBIII (Delightful)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Sailor Mouth (Awesome)
The Smoking Peanut (Awesome)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
I'm With Stupid (Great)
Jellyfish Hunter (Great)
The Secret Box (Great)
Life of Crime (Great)
Dumped (Great)
Procrastination (Polite)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Gary Takes a Bath (Okay)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Welcome to the Chum Bucket (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (Stupid)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)
Squirrel Jokes (Trash)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Jellyfish Hunter" is an episode that I feel is not talked about very much, which is a shame. I really enjoy this episode, and I consider it to be an underdog in this season.

The beginning of this episode is great, because it feels like it's been a while since we've seen SpongeBob jellyfishing, even though that's one of his premiere hobbies alongside bubble blowing. Honestly, this scene shows that SpongeBob is an impressive jellyfisher, if he's caught all of them except for the blue one. I like that jellyfish in this show literally produce jelly, which adds cows to the list of animals they're inspired by (alongside bees and butterflies). This is also a great set up for the rest of the episode, both the jelly and the blue jellyfish.

In the next scene, we see a good throwaway example of Mr. Krabs being the cheap boss that he is, giving SpongeBob a 5-minute lunch break, and of course SpongeBob just takes it happily. The song that Fred sings after eating some of the jelly is great, and I love that this seems to be a thing that happens regularly if Mr. Krabs' line is anything to go by. Makes the world of Bikini Bottom seem a lot more fun, if customers just bust out into song on the regular.

Mr. Krabs is delightfully cheap in this episode, and one reason I love this episode is that when you break it down, it's about the perils of capitalism and corporate greed on the environment. There's a reason I love "Squid on Strike" so much too...but anyway, Mr. Krabs is indeed very fun in this episode, and I love his little biking fit he has on at the end of the episode. The montage of him telling SpongeBob to get more jellyfish is great and filled with some fun visuals, such as moar Krabs or his pose that puts "paint me like one of your French girls" to shame.

At the end of that montage, the episode gets very atmospheric which you already know I love. The empty jellyfish fields, along with the nighttime scenery as SpongeBob walks home, and the tense and eerie feeling of his house, it's all very well done. I love the joke with the salesmen too haha. But old No Name is a great addition to this episode. He doesn't even say a word (other than a buzzed "bring it on" I suppose), but he's given so much personality. I wish we could see him again.

I really like how plot driven this episode is. Not that there's any real mystery, because viewers can guess what's going on pretty quick, but I like that there's some mystery in this episode for SpongeBob as he is taken to the factory. I like how SpongeBob immediately wants the factory shut down. This episode reminds me a lot of Nope, the movie by Jordan Peele that came out earlier this year. I won't say why, to avoid any semblance of a spoiler, but if you've seen the movie perhaps you know why. Anyway, I love the respect SpongeBob has for jellyfish, it shows that he only partakes in jellyfishing for fun, as he always lets the fish go and doesn't try to extract too much jelly from them, like Mr. Krabs does. The episode ends on a great bit of comeuppance for Mr. Krabs, and then we get the adorable and wholesome moment between SpongeBob and No Name, or should I say "Friend". It feels a bit like "Jellyfish Jam", but better.

I have nothing else to say about "Jellyfish Hunter" other than its a really good episode that I've got no issues with. A perfect fit for my "Amazing" tier, and perhaps in the top 5 episodes of the season, once I decide on my rankings.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

Back