33a. Shanghaied

Squiddykins

take back the falls

It's a good episode, but not one of my favorites. :teef: I give it a 8.3/10, which is still a good rating.

"Squidward, the sky had a baby from my cereal box!"
"That's not a baby, that's a giant anchor, now GO AWAY."

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
OMG, one of my all time favorite episodes ever! I love the parts when Squidward falls into that magic zipper into that terrifying place and when Spongebob and Patrick run through the perfume department in slow motion. Patrick looks hilarious with that gas mask! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I remember when this was truly the lost SpongeBob episode as it was never aired in the UK until a couple of years ago for some reason, that and 'Gary Takes A Bath' too.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
One of my favourites, though I'm not that fond of the ending.
The facial expressions of both Spongebob and Patrick when Patrick wastes a wish are priceless.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I remember when this was truly the lost SpongeBob episode as it was never aired in the UK until a couple of years ago for some reason, that and 'Gary Takes A Bath' too.
Some sources say CITV banned it, while other sources say that parents complained to Ofcom about "scary scenes" in the episodes, so it got banned, and when it re-aired again, people started to complain again. Either way, I think both reasons sound stupid.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Some sources say CITV banned it, while other sources say that parents complained to Ofcom about "scary scenes" in the episodes, so it got banned, and when it re-aired again, people started to complain again. Either way, I think both reasons sound stupid.

I wonder what they'd say about some of the newer episodes. If they can't handle the Fly of Despair, I don't know how they'd handle any of "Ghost Host". :P

On the subject of inappropriate children's television, I remember watching a show called Pingu at preschool age that, in retrospect, had some pretty questionable moments. In one episode, Pingu ran into a table and got a nosebleed and there was blood dripping everywhere ... in another, he peed all over the floor. In an episode I remember watching a lot, Pingu acted up at the dinner table, so his dad smacked him, and he ran away. Can you imagine any preschool shows getting away with those plots nowadays?

So, yeah ... Spongebob is pretty mild and I don't see why parents get so riled up about it. To be honest, I think most of them just jump on the bandwagon because it has such a "bad reputation". (Most of the reasons people give for not letting their kids watch aren't even true - for example, that it was originally meant to be an adult show). BTW, has Spongebob always had a TY 7 rating?

hasfarr

your mom
As you may know, there are two other endings besides SpongeBob's wish.

Patrick's wish: A stick of gum.

Squidward's wish: To never have known SpongeBob and Patrick in the first place.

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
I just watched the alternate endings, I had never seen them before. I loled at the squidward one. It makes sense that they would have 3 different endings since those two make just about as much sense as the real one.
It was cool to alternate scenes to an episode I've seen so many times. Is there any other episodes you know of with alternate endings?

JCM

#cancelspongebob
Where did you watch the alternate endings? I can't find them anywhere.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Ah. I remember when this first aired. Good times. Good times.

Squidward's ending is the best.

cwn

Porous Freak
Not the best, but still a great episode.
Defintely top 50 material.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
One of my favorites... perfume department scene is probably my favorite SpongeBob scene of all time

"You're good... you're good.... you're good." haha

Back