32b. The Smoking Peanut

SquiddlyPie

random gal
A classic episode...I really like Patrick's character in this one..that's the Patrick I LOVE!!! He didn't deserve all of this though...I was sad for him :/ But I love this episode...cheap Krabs :p 9/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Kinda forgettable but it's not bad. The part where you thought Patrick was licking SpongeBob but he was actually licking a SpongeBob lollipop that was funny.

6/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
An overrated episode followed by an underrated one, This episode is great, it has some fun stuff, And the ending was really sweet, It's also got some funny jokes.

8/10

This episode was okay. Not much was funny, but not much was bad either. This is an episode that's quite hard to talk about. I honestly don't have much to say other than "not much interested me."

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Survival of the Idiots (A+)
3. Pressure (A+)
4. Big Pink Loser (A+)
5. Life of Crime (A)
6. Dying For Pie (A)
7. Christmas Who? (A)
8. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III (A)
9. Squidville (A)
10. Squid's Day Off (A)
11. Imitation Krabs (B)
12. No Free Rides (B)
13. Squirrel Jokes (B)
14. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
15. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (B)
16. Prehibernation Week (B)
17. Something Smells (B)
18. Wormy (C)
19. The Smoking Peanut (C)
20. Bossy Boots (C)
21. Bubble Buddy (C)
22. Dumped (E)
23. Grandma's Kisses (F)

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Never liked this one it's pretty dumb and obnoxious and points. Mr Krabs stealing the oyster never made any sense, however what saves this episode from being in the bad category for me is Patrick, he is really funny in this episode, "I can almost taste it" "I'm the last person I would have suspected but I was looking for me the whole all the time, it's the perfect crime" "ouch" and "What are we hanging around watching a cheap imitation" he is really at his best and I really wish they done a Detective Patrick entire episode, it would certainly be entertaining. But aside from Patrick this is just a really basic by the numbers episode, doesn't make much sense and is pretty annpying but has some laughs

Mediocre 5/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It's okay. It starts out pretty good but gets pretty boring in the middle. Nothing really sticks out about this episode. What really saves this episode from being average is Patrick. He gets some really funny lines and is overall entertaining throughout the whole episode. The ending was also pretty cute.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Survival of the Idiots (8)
7. Christmas Who? (8)
8. Squid's Day Off (8)
9. Wormy (8)
10. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III (8)
11. Imitation Krabs (8)
12. Life of Crime (8)
13. Prehibernation Week (7)
14. Pressure (7)
15. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (7)
16. No Free Rides (7)
17. The Smoking Peanut (7)
18. Bossy Boots (6)
19. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
20. Squirrel Jokes (6)
21. Dumped (5)
22. Bubble Buddy (5)
23. Grandma's Kisses (5)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
This had a nice unexpected twist where it was revealed that *spoiler alert* Mr. Krabs was the real perpetrator who upset Clamu by stealing a pearl!

I think the reason Mr. Krabs stole the pearl was either to sell it for money OR give it to his daughter Pearl

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
8/10

Patrick is the big funny here. Him being a detective to find out who woke up the Oyster was very funny. This episode could use a bit more in the plot department, but it's alright. I find the twist of Mr. Krabs stealing the pearl okay, not big or anything, just okay.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Christmas Who?: (9.5/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
MM&BB III: (9/10)
No Free Rides: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Survival of the Idiots: (8.5/10)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: (8.5/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
The Smoking Peanut: (8.5/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)
Squirrel Jokes: (3.5/10)
Dumped: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Never liked this one it's pretty dumb and obnoxious and points. Mr Krabs stealing the oyster never made any sense, however what saves this episode from being in the bad category for me is Patrick, he is really funny in this episode, "I can almost taste it" "I'm the last person I would have suspected but I was looking for me the whole all the time, it's the perfect crime" "ouch" and "What are we hanging around watching a cheap imitation" he is really at his best and I really wish they done a Detective Patrick entire episode, it would certainly be entertaining. But aside from Patrick this is just a really basic by the numbers episode, doesn't make much sense and is pretty annpying but has some laughs

Mediocre 5/10
But your pfp is from this episode XD

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I like this episode never known i just do...

Rating: Awesome episode

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Pressure (Perfect)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
No Free Rides (Amazing!)
MMABBIII (Delightful)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
The Smoking Peanut (Awesome)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Life of Crime (Great)
Dumped (Great)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (Stupid)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)
Squirrel Jokes (Trash)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"The Smoking Peanut" is an excellent episode with the perfect amount of dramatics. It was also, fun fact, the originator of one of my old PFPs. It's a very well-crafted episode, never dull from beginning to end. The title of this episode is also brilliant. Let's talk about it!

This episode is great because it almost has a whole mystery component to it, one that you can piece together from the beginning scenes of the episode. We're told that it's Free Day at the Zoo ("Life of Crime", anyone?), and we see Mr. Krabs going around and taking advantage a bit too much. Great foreshadowing, this is. But moving on from that, we see SpongeBob and Patrick chilling at the zoo, and the plot kicks right into gear once SpongeBob throws the peanut and Clamu wakes up and starts crying.

SpongeBob is great in this episode, trying hard to tamper down his guilt and what he perceives as his secret. I also like Patrick and his detective-mode too, even if his efforts are hurt by his own stupidity. I like that even though we're led to believe that SpongeBob caused the incident, there's still just enough doubt there to think that maybe it wasn't SpongeBob's fault at all. I mean come on, a peanut? Making a giant clam cry inconsolably? Please.

I like the involvement of both Squidward and Sandy in this episode, once again this makes the world of SpongeBob SquarePants feel more cohesive and complete (just as the addition of the Bikini Bottom Zoo makes the environment bigger and more fleshed-out too). Sandy's segment especially is pretty funny, seeing SpongeBob struggle with his truth and guilt, and Sandy's questioning. Especially with that little "or does he?" joke at the end, a little bonus for some, I imagine.

I really enjoy Patrick's investigating and the tension in the scene between him and SpongeBob, complete with the visual of him licking the sponge cake, relieving the tension immediately. And then when the police actually show up, it makes me wonder why they thought Patrick was the criminal in the first place. What investigation actually went down? The visuals of the interrogation are great as well, with SpongeBob sinking lower and lower into the floor, complete with some great voice-acting by Tom Kenny.

The last act of the episode is just as great as the rest, with SpongeBob's whole speech and Patrick's humming? singing? I don't know, whatever in the background, and the townspeople basically being like "screw that". And then when the real culprit is revealed, it makes perfect sense and resolves what we saw earlier in the episode, so that was great writing.

"The Smoking Peanut" is funny, but not incredibly so. It has its slow-ish moments, but it is never close to boring or dull. All of this together is why it fits right into my "Great" tier. It's not quite up to par with the rest of my "Amazing"-tier episodes, but I do think that it is incredibly underrated.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.5/10

Back