32a. Pressure

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
One of the most overrated episodes in my opinion, SpongeBob and the others were very mean to Sandy at the beginning, The episode picks up from there though.

7/10

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Great episode, it’s was funny and i liked the live-action part.

9/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode is pretty underrated. It plays on how Sandy is a fish out of water (well opposite) and does something with it. There's a good moral, interesting actions, and some good live action puppets (that really make this episode stand out). I think this one is one for the books in SpongeBob history, as not one of the best episodes but one of the most norm-breaking ones.

This is the definitive episode of "underrated." This is actually a really good episode. I thought it was really funny. SpongeBob arguing with Sandy was golden. And I love how much fun this episode feels.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Survival of the Idiots (A+)
3. Pressure (A+)
4. Big Pink Loser (A+)
5. Life of Crime (A)
6. Dying For Pie (A)
7. Christmas Who? (A)
8. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III (A)
9. Squidville (A)
10. Squid's Day Off (A)
11. Imitation Krabs (B)
12. No Free Rides (B)
13. Squirrel Jokes (B)
14. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
15. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (B)
16. Prehibernation Week (B)
17. Something Smells (B)
18. Wormy (C)
19. Bossy Boots (C)
20. Bubble Buddy (C)
21. Dumped (E)
22. Grandma's Kisses (F)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
This is underrated! I didn't know this episode existed until I watched it while binge-watching the show!

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It's good. Not amazing or anything, but the plot is good and it was pretty funny too. I don't really have much to say about this one, it's just one of those simply good episodes that pretty much stay the same quality the whole way through.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Survival of the Idiots (8)
7. Christmas Who? (8)
8. Squid's Day Off (8)
9. Wormy (8)
10. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III (8)
11. Imitation Krabs (8)
12. Life of Crime (8)
13. Prehibernation Week (7)
14. Pressure (7)
15. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (7)
16. No Free Rides (7)
17. Bossy Boots (6)
18. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
19. Squirrel Jokes (6)
20. Dumped (5)
21. Bubble Buddy (5)
22. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
7.5/10

Honesty not sure how to feel about this one. On the left hand, It seems like a bad episode with mean-spirited humor and just bad overall. On the other hand, it's funny and has a decent plot. Sandy didn't deserve any of the treatment she got in this episode, yet again, the entire main cast out of water was pretty funny and does make up a bit for the troubles.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Christmas Who?: (9.5/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
MM&BB III: (9/10)
No Free Rides: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Survival of the Idiots: (8.5/10)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: (8.5/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Pressure: (7.5/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)
Squirrel Jokes: (3.5/10)
Dumped: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Very underrated episode my friends! I had laughs here i like the jokes! Sure everyone is unlikable and that drowning scene was pretty bad the jokes were at least solid!

Rating: Perfect episode

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Pressure (Perfect)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
No Free Rides (Amazing!)
MMABBIII (Delightful)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Life of Crime (Great)
Dumped (Great)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic (Stupid)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)
Squirrel Jokes (Trash)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Extremely interesting that this episode is right after "Squirrel Jokes", given that there are many similar themes in this episode. I wonder why they aren't sister episodes at this point haha. I like this episode about the same as I like "Squirrel Jokes", to be honest, which means I like it a lot.

The episode starts slow but not in a bad way. Watching Sandy and SpongeBob watch the clouds makes me feel just as relaxed as them, and their ensuing race helps set up the episode very well. I like seeing Sandy and SpongeBob hang out, because unlike other friendships in the show this one almost feels developed because of "Tea at the Treedome". Another thing I appreciate about this sequence, and the rest of the episode as a whole, is that it mostly never goes too far (except for one time, which I'll get too) with the jokes hounding on land and sea creatures. The racing segments are entertaining, as is the next scene at the Krusty Krab.

Another thing I like about this episode is that it involves everyone pretty quickly, giving that feeling that this is all just one big friend group, even if Sandy is very clearly an outsider in this episode (though by the end of it, I think she's been pretty ingratiated). I also like that even though it's SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs all "against" Sandy, the character dynamics we're used to are intact (thinking of when Squidward rejects SpongeBob's high five). It's also fun to see SpongeBob almost acting like a mean girl. It suits his character in a weird way, though obviously this is not something that can be done very often or else it would start to hurt his nice personality.

So the moment I was talking about earlier, where the jokes possibly went too far, is when Sandy takes off her helmet. My main issue is that no one was concerned about Sandy suffocating, aside from when she took off the helmet. I know this is a kid's show and no one actually dies, but it felt a bit too mean-spirited to have the quartet laughing and just waiting for Sandy to need air. Luckily that physics don't work in this show, and she could get air from a pickle jar.

Moving on, I similar enjoy the last act of the episode. Seeing the tables turn on the sea creatures is extremely satisfying after watching Sandy almost drown, and I think it's hilarious that they're super scared of going on the surface. The use of puppets in the land segment is absolutely amazing, and I just really love the whole scene, especially once Sandy saves them.

The ending of the episode is a nice touch, I like that Squidward is upside down the whole time. The ending of the episode is wholesome, but it also has some comedy from Mr. Krabs' declaration to cheer for everyone feeling sorry for themselves, to the beat up birds joining in too.

I will say though, that this episode is a little confused as to whether it's about racism or just superiority complexes in general. I mean, SpongeBob and Sandy are arguing land vs. sea, which is giving a racism lesson, but then the end of the episode highlights breaking down superiority complexes. It doesn't matter all that much to me which thing they were going for, but it's really odd that this episode is so muddled, especially after "Squirrel Jokes".

"Pressure" is a really good episode that I enjoy just as much, if not more, than "Squirrel Jokes" because of its additional jokes and inclusion of more characters. It has definitely earned its spot in my "Great" tier. Not "Amazing" because the moral is a little bungled, and that one section of the episode is just a bit too mean-spirited. The beginning, while entertaining, is a bit slow as well, and doesn't really pick up until we get to the Krusty Krab.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

Back