093c. Blackjack

hfjs

I personally think this episode has the single ugliest design of Spongebob outside of Season 6.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Meh.. Pretty cool to see Spongey's uncle, but all the time he wasted at his house was really just filler. Small Blackjack wasn't funny at all, and had no explanation, it was just random.

Milkmaidman said:
I personally think this episode has the single ugliest design of Spongebob outside of Season 6.
Why was his design ugly? (I know it's an old post, but you are an active user :p) He looks pretty much the same in other S5 episodes.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode had me in suspense when I first saw it. But, bits and pieces of this episode were broken. I liked the idea of SpongeBob thinking his cousin kidnapped his parents, and went through the trouble to save them. It bothered me when SpongeBob went to Uncle Captain Blue for help, but he kept on doing those chores. It seems more like a time-filler, and didn't contribute anything to the episode. Also, the "fight" scene at the end seemed exciting, but it went down the toilet, because it's revealed that Blackjack is just a puny pest. =_= I thought it was kind of lazy, and too confusing. There were too many loose ends in this episode for it to get a superb rating. 6/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I kinda find this one to be pretty underrated and overlooked. For me, it was pretty entertaining throughout and I loved the idea of SpongeBob working hard to face a relative that he had problems with when he was younger. I always like good backstories in cartoons and it really adds to a character as a whole. Big issue I had with this one would obviously be the ending. I would have just ended the episode with a nod to "The Bully" where Blackjack could just beat up SpongeBob only to find that he's made of super soft, absorbent material and perhaps make him much bigger than SpongeBob as he imagined him to be. Other than that, I actually really liked it and had no major issues other than that for me.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 5

Episode: Blackjack

This episode was kinda good. The plot was decent. I liked Spongebob's backstory with his cousin. And i liked the appearance of his uncle. The ending was really confusing, and not that good. There were some funny jokes. 7/10

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I actualy really like this episode

9/10

The only reason why this isnt a 10/10 is because there aren't that many jokes in this episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I do like the jokes and the plot is good. If this episode had less filler it would've been more engaging and one of my favorites of the season.

7.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Pretty forgettable! I remember liking the ending though...but the episode felt really slow...especially when SB's uncle was giving him way too many chores...I am giving it a 6/10 (I am probably going to change it, because the last time I watched that episode was years ago..)

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
This episode had a lot of potential to have a great story, but thanks to the filler (Especially the scene with Uncle Captain Blue), it's pretty mediocre. The twist that Blackjack is tiny is meh as well.

6/10

I think this is an episode that doesn't get enough praise. It's funny, has an amazing plot, and the execution, while not perfect, it's still really good. Plus none of the episode felt like filler to me. Plus, I really like Uncle Captain Blue.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. Blackjack (A)
6. The Krusty Plate (A)
7. Atlantis SquarePantis (A)
8. Spy Buddies (A)
9. Sing a Song of Patrick (A)
10. Friend or Foe (A)
11. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)