70b. Ghost Host

Too friggin creepy. It had a decent plot, and I don't think it is a really bad episode, but my gosh. The episode could give tons of kids nightmares, myself included.

5|10 Overall

hfjs

It's creepy, it's boring, it's stupid.........all the things needed to make a bad episode.

hfjs

Also, this is when I think the show got flushed down the toilet.

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
It's not really a great episode and not very funny as well it's literally an episode about a burnt out lazy ghost... 5/10

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This episode is like Can You Spare a Dime? if Squidward was replaced by the Flying Dutchman. And if you took away everything that made Can You Spare a Dime? good.

Okay, but seriously, I don't like this one at all. It could have been good, but there's nothing funny in it except "The Power Within" (which only got a smile out of me) and the Dutchman's tricks are more gross than they are scary/creepy. Also, let's not forget the pointless Squid Abuse at the end. I realize that they did try to scare other people before scaring Squidward, and the reason they scared him was because he said he didn't believe in ghosts, but from what we saw earlier in the episode, nobody in Bikini Bottom believed in ghosts, and what they did to Squidward seemed a lot more cruel and unnecessary.

I also really didn't like the Dutchman in this episode, and I usually love him. What I love about the Dutchman is that he's both creepy and funny. He can bring a kind of dark humor to the show that I really enjoy, but this episode didn't use him well at all. He was just annoying here.

Whoa, I didn't mean to go on that long. I'm pretty sure what I've written here was longer than the review of it on my blog (excluding the synopsis). :P

Not bad as people says. To be honest, I liked this episode. MMM said this is when this show went downhill. I didn't think this show was going downhill until I saw season 5. I thought this episode was very interesting and very enjoyable. Also I laughed some parts in this episode. It's not one of my favorite season 4 episodes because some parts bored me and I think this episode is too scary for kids and I don't recommend this episode to them. But It's still a great episode in my opinion. 8/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Weird but interesting. I'd give this one about a 7.0 because it really isn't that bad unless you really don't like seeing strange and bizarre drawings and poses. I've also seen people unfairly judge "Squidward in Clarinetland" just because that was also a strange episode. Just needed funnier jokes and it would have been better.

Hans

Floating Shopping List
I thought it was a good episode. Don't understand the hate for it.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode was just creepy and not very funny. I don't mind creepy SpongeBob episodes if it's done right like Squidward in Clarinetland, but it was just messed up. It did have a few funny parts like SpongeBob accidentally punches Squidward while knocking the door and SpongeBob melting after the Flying Dutchman scares him, but it also has some very lame jokes like The Power Within scene. I also noticed that Squidward doesn't believe in ghosts in this episode, but in Pranks-a-Lot he does. 4/10

MadFred

ooooooofy day
HarryPotterLives said:
This episode is like Can You Spare a Dime? if Squidward was replaced by the Flying Dutchman. And if you took away everything that made Can You Spare a Dime? good.

Okay, but seriously, I don't like this one at all. It could have been good, but there's nothing funny in it except "The Power Within" (which only got a smile out of me) and the Dutchman's tricks are more gross than they are scary/creepy. Also, let's not forget the pointless Squid Abuse at the end. I realize that they did try to scare other people before scaring Squidward, and the reason they scared him was because he said he didn't believe in ghosts, but from what we saw earlier in the episode, nobody in Bikini Bottom believed in ghosts, and what they did to Squidward seemed a lot more cruel and unnecessary.

I also really didn't like the Dutchman in this episode, and I usually love him. What I love about the Dutchman is that he's both creepy and funny. He can bring a kind of dark humor to the show that I really enjoy, but this episode didn't use him well at all. He was just annoying here.

Whoa, I didn't mean to go on that long. I'm pretty sure what I've written here was longer than the review of it on my blog (excluding the synopsis). :P
Yeah, The Flying Dutchan is one of my favorite characters, seeing him doing nothing for 12 minutes is a bit irritating.

Kerdem

Banished
Great Episode For Me I Liked Scary Episodes

10/10 (Yes I Like This Episode That Much)

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Ghost Host

This episode was great. The plot was creative and fun. I like the dark nature of this episode. There were some funny jokes. 9/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Honestly this is a better weird episode than Squidward in Clarinet Land. The weird visuals actually serve a purpose to the story and I liked seeing The Flying Dutchman try to get creepy again, it isn't great but I can't find much to complain about.

7.5/10

Back