2K's list of the best players on each MLB team

2000sKid

Giant Clam
With the 2014 baseball season about to begin, I will be counting down who I believe is the best player on each MLB team. Each team will have honorable mentions as well. I will go in alphabetical order, from the Arizona Diamondbacks all the way down to the Washington Nationals. I will try to finish by opening day, so prepare for a flood of players today and tomorrow :P the first few teams will be posted shortly.

2000sKid

Giant Clam
Arizona Diamondbacks:
Top player: Paul Goldschmidt
Honorable mention: Mark Trumbo
Why is Paul Goldschmidt the D's best player? Well, why isn't he? Take a look at his stats, I'll wait. They pretty much explain themselves. His .302 average, 36 homeruns, 125 rbi, and .551 slugging percentage all led the league. Not to mention his gold glove award. Goldy is the total package and will most likely continue to improve, given he is only 26 this season.

Mark Trumbo is the honorable mention I had in mind from the start. He has been an above average for hitter for three years in a row, almost getting the ROY award and being on the all-star team last year. He can crush the ball and is a reliable hitter. He is also a steady fielder, and the only downside of his game is that he doesn't hit over .250 very often.

The Atlanta Braves players will either be posted tonight or tomorrow

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
2000sKid said:
Arizona Diamondbacks:
Top player: Paul Goldschmidt
Honorable mention: Mark Trumbo
Why is Paul Goldschmidt the D's best player? Well, why isn't he? Take a look at his stats, I'll wait. They pretty much explain themselves. His .302 average, 36 homeruns, 125 rbi, and .551 slugging percentage all led the league. Not to mention his gold glove award. Goldy is the total package and will most likely continue to improve, given he is only 26 this season.

Mark Trumbo is the honorable mention I had in mind from the start. He has been an above average for hitter for three years in a row, almost getting the ROY award and being on the all-star team last year. He can crush the ball and is a reliable hitter. He is also a steady fielder, and the only downside of his game is that he doesn't hit over .250 very often.

The Atlanta Braves players will either be posted tonight or tomorrow
Some feedback, I like the list so far, but career stats might also be important.

2000sKid

Giant Clam
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. I will get to all 30 teams though.
Atlanta Braves:
Best player: Craig Kimbrel
Why did I choose Kimbrel over Freeman? As much as it hurt me to do so, I felt like I had to. I am going with how good the players are for their position, not how much they produce. If I had done my pick of the most valuable players for each team, I would choose Freeman, as I weigh hitting a lot over pitching. On top of that, Kimbrel has put up outstanding consistent numbers throughout his career.
Now on to Kimbrel. If you have ever seen him pitch, you know just how good he is. He possesses a fastball that can hits 97 mph regularly and a knee-buckling slider makes it even harder for the hitter to make contact. So far, he has a 1.31 ERA and 142 saves. Lucky for Braves fans, he is only 26. When I see Kimbrel, I see a possible all-time saves leader.

Honorable Mention: Freddie Freeman
Freddie Freeman is the Braves' most valuable player. He is usually in the lineup, and when he is he provides great defense and top-notch offense. He has been an MVP candidate and came close to winning ROY. However, he hasn't been able to put up the 25 homerun - .300 BA seasons he's projected to have. And although this may be his year, his career stats aren't as good as you may think. So even though Freeman is a great player, he hasn't had a full season with numbers better than Kimbrel's.

Clappy

Part Computer or Something
Freddie Freeman > Craig Kimbrel

No way Kimbrel becomes the all times saves leader. Closers aren't self-sustaining. The only ones who were able to have long standing careers are Trevor Hoffman and obviously Mariano Rivera. Kimbrel is probably the best closer in the game right now and maybe he racks up 400 something saves when it's all said and done, but I think Mariano Rivera has the record locked for a long time to come. Especially with pitchers being as innings cautious as they are now.

Freddie Freeman on the other hand is a definite MVP candidate as early as this season. The dude is just a beast.

Back