29b. Dumped

The opinions on this episode are a mixed bag. Some people think this is one of the worst pre-movie episodes, while the others think this is a classic and one of the best episodes. This episode is not really bad as some people says but It's not one of the best SB episodes either. I really liked this episode though. Yes, I'm a fan of this episode. It's not one of my favorite episodes but there were many parts that I really laughed. Sure, Patrick was a jerk and the reason why Gary left SpongeBob was very stupid but I found this episode funny. Also Patrick did get what he deserved at the end of this episode. The begining when SpongeBob, Gary and Patrick played tag, SpongeBob's worm Rex escaping and leaving the town, Lary the Snail's parts and Patrick's "I thought what we had was special!" line were very funny. I rate this episode 9/10. Million times better than I'm With Stupid, which is another episode when Patrick was a jerk.

Cha

I love SBM
Everyone is going to kill me for this but Dumped is like my second or third favorite episode ever. I don't understand the hate mainly because I found Patrick more blissfully dumb than arrogant.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
CowBob RanchPants said:
Everyone is going to kill me for this but Dumped is like my second or third favorite episode ever. I don't understand the hate mainly because I found Patrick more blissfully dumb than arrogant.
I don't really understand the hatred for this one either. Not a favorite or anything but it's not that bad, just has a different feel than other episodes. Patrick was kinda oblivious to how Gary really wanted that cookie in his pocket.

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
7/10 the cryings not all that bad, 1. there were different cry sounds for the crying 2. remeber a day without tears?

i like the plot where he gets pets,pretty funny with the worm

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Ugly Barnacle said:
I really don't understand all of the disliking of this episode. Sure, Patrick made SpongeBob feel bad but that was kind of Gary and his desire for the cookie's fault. There's plenty of funny parts, like Rex the worm, Larry, and even Jarry! Let's not forget the Snailor joke! The ending was pretty funny too. This episode doesn't deserve all of the disliking it gets. It's pretty good, IMO. 8/10
This just this. Plus it showed that no matter what Gary will always be loyal to SpongeBob and he will do the same . (minus Have You Seen This Snail for Gary and A Pal For Gary for SpongeBob) so I do a 9.5/10. Yes I gave it an almost perfect ranking.
spongebob-deal-with-it_o_582228.jpg

MadFred

ooooooofy day
This episode is actually pretty adorable, and no one mentioned this fact. The part when Spongebob try to convince Gary to come back was so adorable and sad, and the whole episode gets a huge part in my childhood, so I have to give it a credit.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I think this episode is underrated. Sure Patrick is a jerk in this episode, but his jerkiness (If that's even a word.) is an important part of the story. I thought this episode was very sad, but it did have some funny parts like Rex the Worm and SpongeBob sleeping in ripped up newspaper. What really makes this episode sad is the music which is probably my favorite song from the SpongeBob Production Music. A highly underrated episode that doesn't deserve the hate. 10/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Despite the first post I posted in this topic, now I started to like this episode, but I still hate Patrick in this episode. Plus, the title "Dumped" is very weird for this episode. 8/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I like this one, and I bet Patrick wasn't trying to be mean, like in I'm With Stupid.

A Writing Stick

Floating Shopping List
I'm sorry, how can a character be OUT OF CHARACTER in the second season of a television show when the writers are still building the characters???
This post makes no conceivable sense. Really, over 50 episodes in and characters are still immune from any criticism just because they're "still be developed"? Let me guess, three seasons and a movie are the point in which you can call characters out of character right, how convenient huh?
With that being said, this is an alright episode, one of Season Two's weakest, but then again this might be the least flawed season in television history (as far as I know).

I really don't understand all of the disliking of this episode. Sure, Patrick made SpongeBob feel bad but that was kind of Gary and his desire for the cookie's fault. There's plenty of funny parts, like Rex the worm, Larry, and even Jarry! Let's not forget the Snailor joke! The ending was pretty funny too. This episode doesn't deserve all of the disliking it gets. It's pretty good, IMO. 8/10

I agree 100% you stole the words out of my mouth

I give it a 8.2/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 2

Episode: Dumped

This episode was pretty good. The plot was good and emotional. Sure Patrick was kinda a jerk in this episode (it kinda bothered me), but it didn't ruin the episode for me. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Eh, not too good. And a cookie? Just.....eh....uh... 5/10

Back