29b. Dumped

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode isn't very good IMO. It had some humor, yes, but the plot is pretty stupid: Gary decides to be Patrick's pet instead of SpongeBob's. SpongeBob starts missing Gary, and he gets more pets. SpongeBob then finds out that Gary only wanted Patrick because he had a cookie in his pocket.

Then the CRYING. This is too much crying, especially for pre movie. My grade for this is 5/10.

Web Surfer

Banished
This episode isn't very good IMO. It had some humor, yes, but the plot is pretty stupid: Gary decides to be Patrick's pet instead of SpongeBob's. SpongeBob starts missing Gary, and he gets more pets. SpongeBob then finds out that Gary only wanted Patrick because he had a cookie in his pocket.

Then the CRYING. This is too much crying, especially for post movie. My grade for this is 5/10.

*pre-movie

Harharharharharhar.

The worst pre-movie episode, bar none. It's hard to believe there's so much crying. Like Jibbix once said, the jokes were all just crammed into one. And the plot twsit wasn't too great, either. DadMom AngryPants and the very end were the best I could get out of this episode.

5.5/10 :umm:

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I really don't understand all of the disliking of this episode. Sure, Patrick made SpongeBob feel bad but that was kind of Gary and his desire for the cookie's fault. There's plenty of funny parts, like Rex the worm, Larry, and even Jarry! Let's not forget the Snailor joke! The ending was pretty funny too. This episode doesn't deserve all of the disliking it gets. It's pretty good, IMO. 8/10

hfjs

This is a terrible episode. I wanted to strangle Patrick. Then the crying. WAY too much crying. A good way to describe this episode is that it's Yours, Mine, and Mine, pre-movie style.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I've never quite been able to put my finger on why I dislike this episode so much. There's actually a decent number of jokes that make me laugh, yet it's one of my least favorite episodes. I think I just don't like the way Patrick treats SpongeBob, he's being unnecessarily mean to him and I feel too bad for SpongeBob. I know that I'm supposed to feel bad for SpongeBob, but it's executed in a way that makes me uncomfortable, I can't really explain it. Also, the plot twist at the end is just stupid. Gary could have taken the cookie at any time, and all of this could have been avoided. -_-

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
This was basically an episode that tried to be emotional and sad, but failed. Although I did feel bad for Spongebob that Gary left him, there were a few questions left in me. I mean, why did Gary leave Spongebob? I realize he left him because he likes Patrick better, but how? What has Patrick done for Gary that made him like him more? Some people may say that Have You Seen This Snail ripped off this episode, but I think that episode was actually BETTER than this. At least that episode explained why Gary left Spongebob. It flowed the story well enough that there were no plot hole filled questions left behind.

But the real reason I dislike this episode is Patrick himself. He basically shows no sympathy for Spongebob throughout the entire thing. Heck, when Spongebob expressed that he would do ANYTHING to get Gary back, Patrick actually said the two word line that ruined this episode for me: "How pathetic". That line right there, actually made me feel stabbed. It was unbelievably hurtful to the audience, and mostly Spongebob! That line is actually worse than his "Have you learned nothing about sharing?" line because he basically notices that Spongebob is miserable without Gary, but he simply could care less, whereas in "Yours, Mine and Mine", he simply acts like a selfish jerk (it doesn't make that episode any better, though).

That was way out of character for Patrick, especially to his best friend who was, again, an emotional wreck. Patrick was hurtful, mean, and uncaring, which was way out of character for him.

Rating: 1.5

Least Favorite Character: Take a guess

Least Favorite Moment: "How pathetic." - :patx:

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Patrick was being annoyingly OOC, but this episode is actually pretty underrated. If you overlook Patrick, SpongeBob's attempts to make Gary jealous were very humorous to me. I'd give it an 8/10.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I'm really torn on this episode because it is a weak post movie episode it's not "bad"
I'd say 6.5

TattleTaleStrangler

The List That Time Forgot
I'm sorry, how can a character be OUT OF CHARACTER in the second season of a television show when the writers are still building the characters??? Patrick had plenty of abusive moments in Season one. This episode gets hate because one guy purporting to be a 'master critic' said it was a bad episode somewhere down the line.

At the time, and for years after, this episode never got hate. EVER. This and I'm With Stupid are just two shining examples of how many young bandwagoners there are around here who weren't actually paying attention when the episode first aired. Clearly, they can't just defend the newer seasons, they have to go ahead and arbitrarily pick episodes from earlier seasons to crucify to 'help' make their point.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
BrickSponge2015 said:
Patrick was being annoyingly OOC, but this episode is actually pretty underrated. If you overlook Patrick, SpongeBob's attempts to make Gary jealous were very humorous to me. I'd give it an 8/10.
Actually, 9.9/10. This episode is in my top 10.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
TattleTaleStrangler said:
I'm sorry, how can a character be OUT OF CHARACTER in the second season of a television show when the writers are still building the characters??? Patrick had plenty of abusive moments in Season one. This episode gets hate because one guy purporting to be a 'master critic' said it was a bad episode somewhere down the line.

At the time, and for years after, this episode never got hate. EVER. This and I'm With Stupid are just two shining examples of how many young bandwagoners there are around here who weren't actually paying attention when the episode first aired. Clearly, they can't just defend the newer seasons, they have to go ahead and arbitrarily pick episodes from earlier seasons to crucify to 'help' make their point.
I actually disliked both Dumped and I'm With Stupid even when I was a kid. It's not fair of you to assume that people are just jumping on the bandwagon when they say they dislike this episode. It may be true for some people, but not everyone.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode and I'm With Stupid are the worst episodes in the pre-movie era. Dumped is my 50th least favorite episode. However, I'm With Stupid was worse than this episode.

Favorite Character: SpongeBob.
Worst Character: Patrick.
Favorite Moment: The ending.
Worst Moment: You know what's the worst moment of this episode....

Rating: 5/10. Some parts were okay, and the ending has raised up my rating for this episode and Patrick ruined the plot.

Back