29b. Dumped

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is no longer my least favorite pre-movie episode, but I still think it's... not very good. There was virtually no comedy apart from a few jokes I liked, and the whole episode is just boring and unmemorable. I actually don't think the plot is too bad, but the execution is pretty lackluster. Patrick also had no reason to act like a jerk to Spongebob, but it's far from one of his worst appearances on the show in my opinion. Honestly I don't really think anything about this episode is too bad, (although some moments irked me) but there really isn't anything positive I can say about it either. Extremely middle of the road.

Average episode (5/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Survival of the Idiots (8)
7. Christmas Who? (8)
8. Squid's Day Off (8)
9. Imitation Krabs (8)
10. Wormy (8)
11. Life of Crime (8)
12. Prehibernation Week (7)
13. Bossy Boots (6)
14. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
15. Dumped (5)
16. Bubble Buddy (5)
17. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
1.5/10

This is the third worst pre-movie episode, behind I'm With Stupid and Jellyfishing. This is basically the original Pat-Prick episode, plus the jokes just try too hard. I didn't find Larry funny, because Larry is just mean-spirited. The worm (forgot his name, don't call me cringey for that) LITERALLY leaves SpongeBob for no reason. And Patrick, oh god Patrick.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Christmas Who?: (9.5/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Survival of the Idiots: (8.5/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)
Dumped: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is pretty good though its not the best i like this one due to the many jokes it might be sad and depressing but its good

Rating: Great

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Life of Crime (Great)
Dumped (Great)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
This episode is pretty good though its not the best i like this one due to the many jokes it might be sad and depressing but its good

Rating: Great

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Life of Crime (Great)
Dumped (Great)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)
This episode was garbage

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Dumped is my first "Meh" episode of the series. I've never been the biggest fan of Dumped, even when I was younger. Patrick acts like a smug jerk in this episode, and it annoys me. Patrick being a jerk didn't bother me in I'm With Stupid because at least that episode was funny to me. I didn't find Dumped all that funny, so I can't overlook it as much. So Patrick is going to try to steal Spongebob's pet away from him? I think that's pretty dumb. It seems to me like Patrick is trying to purposely taunt Spongebob that Gary likes him better and it rubs me the wrong way. At least the episode has a positive ending. But it's a little weird when Patrick yells, "I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL!" That's kind of funny, but a little weird. At least Dumped has a couple of funny, memorable jokes like the names of Spongebob's new pets (Larry & Jerry). I'm also still somewhat entertained by this episode, so I don't think it's a bad episode but just very Meh.

Vemsa

Imitation Krab
this is the show's early attempt at a "dramatic" episode, but everything about it falls flat on its face. besides Rex going on the bus and Jerry, there is nothing remotely funny or redeemable here. in terms of writing, the episode could have done more to build an ACTUAL conflict. nothing much is done to progress the story and a good majority of its runtime was dedicated to spongebob sobbing and moaning. speaking of spongebob, his line "A certain someone whose name will not be spoken in this household." is VERY unnecessary because mention of gary is shoved down our throats most of the time we are in his house for this episode. let's not forget that plot twist at the end of the episode; the only reason why gary ditched spongebob was because of a cookie. a COOKIE.

why

rating: terrible

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Sigh. Here we go. "Dumped" is the first real dud of SpongeBob SquarePants. It simply ain't all that great. But there are some good moments in here, I will give it that. Let's talk about it.

The episode begins well with SpongeBob and Gary playing tag all cute, you know I love me some SpongeBob and Gary moments, so imagine my surprise and disappointment as the episode goes on. We see Gary starting to show a preference towards Patrick, which to me is already like "wtf" and very out of character, as in-character these people stay in this show at least.

"Dumped" begins to lose me when SpongeBob realizes that Gary isn't following him though. First off, it's unpleasant to watch SpongeBob get increasingly upset by this. And then Patrick's reaction does NOT help at all because he's highkey a little bit of a jerkwad. Like Patrick do you even know how to take care of an animal? (*gets "Pet Sitter Pat" flashbacks...or flashforwards?*). Patrick does not act like a friend towards SpongeBob at all this episode, it's infuriating. Also, another thing about character behavior in this episode, but I keep going back and forth as to whether Gary himself makes me mad and I think I'm going to settle on yes but also no. Because like I would understand if they always made Gary stay more animalistic, but as shown in Sleepy Time he very clearly has a mind of his own, so why exactly are his actions being guided by a cookie???? Especially when SpongeBob could easily get him a cookie if he just asked, because clearly SpongeBob understands Gary when he talks (ignoring episodes like "Chatterbox Gary" in this instance). So like what gives?

This episode is extremely frustrating because of this, and like I said it's not fun to watch SpongeBob be heartbroken this whole time. The montage of new pets isn't horrible, but it isn't fun to see SpongeBob get mistreated by Larry and Rex either. Jerry isn't too bad though. By the time Patrick comes over and starts patronizing SpongeBob, I'm seeing red, so now I'm really not enjoying what I'm watching.

BUT. This episode does improve by the very end. The very end of this episode saves "Dumped" from being in anything lower than my "Mediocre" tier, because it makes the episode almost kind of but not really worth watching. SpongeBob crying over the soap would've been funnier if Patrick wasn't there. But past that, once Gary gets that dang cookie out of Patrick's pants, everything starts coming up Pugs because Gary abandons Patrick and goes by SpongeBob's side, where he belongs. And then once SpongeBob and Gary leave Patrick in the dust, the catharsis pleases me greatly. Fagerbakke's delivery on "I thought what we had was special!" is likewise amazing, and really sells the moment. This is truly the only really great moment in this episode, and it helps save some of its worse qualities for me.

So, clearly, I'm not a fan of "Dumped". It is frustrating, out of character, and not enjoyable. However, the beginning of this episode is cute, and the ending is really good and funny, so that elevates this episode a little bit, landing it right at the edge of my "Mediocre" tier, landing it right above my (Barely) "Tolerable" tier. It better be grateful it doesn't teeter over the edge.

Episode Tier: Mediocre
Episode Score: 5/10

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Unpopular opinion: I really liked this episode! Dumped is a great episode imo.

Though the theme was depressing, I didn't mind, and though Patrick was a jerk again, I didn't mind. Seen a lot of hate on this episode, and I've always liked it. I liked the Daytime Drama track (that plays on the title card), and the Rex on the bus and the Jerry joke.

Sure, most of the other season 2 episodes are better, but thats rough competition, Season 2 is my favorite.

7.5/10 episode

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Unpopular opinion: I really liked this episode! Dumped is a great episode imo.

Though the theme was depressing, I didn't mind, and though Patrick was a jerk again, I didn't mind. Seen a lot of hate on this episode, and I've always liked it. I liked the Daytime Drama track (that plays on the title card), and the Rex on the bus and the Jerry joke.

Sure, most of the other season 2 episodes are better, but thats rough competition, Season 2 is my favorite.

7.5/10 episode
yeah I never minded this episode

GetWelded

Welcome to the Chum Bucket #1 fan
2/10 good lord

WHY IT SHOULD BE DUMPED:
- Jerkoff Patrick
- Gary left SpongeBob for NO REASON
- the ending plot twist was stupid
- Larry and Rex dumping SpongeBob
- Patrick calling SpongeBob "pathetic" for missing Gary left me so *DOLPHIN NOISE*ing angry i grunted like Squidward in Club SpongeBob after the conch shell kept telling him no

GOOD QUALITIES:
At least SpongeBob got Gary back

overall, somehow Squirrel Jokes and I'm With Stupid were worse episodes. But this episode sucked

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
2/10 good lord

WHY IT SHOULD BE DUMPED:
- Jerkoff Patrick
- Gary left SpongeBob for NO REASON
- the ending plot twist was stupid
- Larry and Rex dumping SpongeBob
- Patrick calling SpongeBob "pathetic" for missing Gary left me so *DOLPHIN NOISE*ing angry i grunted like Squidward in Club SpongeBob after the conch shell kept telling him no

GOOD QUALITIES:
At least SpongeBob got Gary back

overall, somehow Squirrel Jokes and I'm With Stupid were worse episodes. But this episode sucked
this episodes is just have you seen this snail done wrong

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Today's live review will be this episode, along with maybe a few others.

(I actually like this episode, unpopularly)

Back