29a. Survival of the Idiots

I used to hate this episode, but now I love it. It's got so many classic and funny jokes and is one of the "coolest" episodes ever.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Survival of the Idiots (A+)
3. Big Pink Loser (A+)
4. Life of Crime (A)
5. Dying For Pie (A)
6. Christmas Who? (A)
7. Squidville (A)
8. Squid's Day Off (A)
9. Imitation Krabs (B)
10. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
11. Prehibernation Week (B)
12. Something Smells (B)
13. Wormy (C)
14. Bossy Boots (C)
15. Bubble Buddy (C)
16. Grandma's Kisses (F)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode is pretty easy to hate, but looking through to a good atmosphere, great comedy, and just plain greatness, this episode is awesome.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
A very funny episode. Some moments were a little slow though. Still, the plot was great and I really liked the animation. I don't really have much to say about this one, it's just very enjoyable.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Survival of the Idiots (8)
7. Christmas Who? (8)
8. Squid's Day Off (8)
9. Imitation Krabs (8)
10. Wormy (8)
11. Life of Crime (8)
12. Prehibernation Week (7)
13. Bossy Boots (6)
14. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
15. Bubble Buddy (5)
16. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
8.5/10

Usually, when the episode is basically SpongeBob and Patrick breaking into Sandy's Tree-Dome, it's a bad sign. But they made it work here, and it worked fine. This episode is pretty funny. Could've used a bit more on the plot department, but it's pretty dang good for what it is. I found PatBack somewhat funny, and I also funny when SpongeBob and Patrick were pretending to be Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry. Good for what it is.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Christmas Who?: (9.5/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Survival of the Idiots: (8.5/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This is my one of my favorite episodes of season 2 the title card music is fitting it gives you a hint that this episode is gonna be silly and memorable also "Who you callin' Pinhead?" was a very funny quote.

Rating: Golden

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Survival of the Idiots (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Christmas Who? (Sublime)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squidville (Tolerant)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Life of Crime (Great)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
PreHibernation Week (Bad)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)
Grandma's Kisses (Garbage)

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Excellent, hilarious episode. Truly that's all I need to say, but in true Pugs fashion I will go ahead and say more than just those three words.

Before I even get started with talking about the plot or the humor, I have to give it out to the animators and storyboarders here, because this episode is just filled with both fluidly animated moments and great visuals. Like the very beginning of the episode with SpongeBob and Patrick running to Sandy's house is amazing. And then of course we have Patrick's "who you callin' Pinhead" face, which is just hilarious.

One thing I like about this episode is that it includes Sandy as part of the gang. Like SpongeBob and Patrick begin the episode aiming to hang out with her. They don't accidentally run into her or something like that, they are friends with her and want to spend time with her. I just like that. I also like that Sandy knows SpongeBob (and Patrick) well enough to leave a video calling him out a little bit. That video is also a great way to set up the plot, and it's done in a pretty entertaining way despite being exposition in-universe.

SpongeBob and Patrick's wonder at the snow is really fun to see, though it leaves me with a lot of questions given the existence of episodes like "The Snowball Effect". Though I guess the snow in that episode is explained by a glacier drifting over Bikini Bottom, an unusual occurrence, so it's whatevs.

I like the tension present in this episode too. Like we see the danger Sandy poses to SpongeBob and Patrick, and we spent much of the episode contending with that danger and the tension that arises because of it. It leads to a lot of funny moments where SpongeBob and Patrick try not to wake her up, eventually culminating in both their getting beat up, and their ripping the fur off of Sandy.

Speaking of SpongeBob and Patrick getting beat up, that whole part of the episode was hilarious. The back and forth about who's going to be Dirty Dan, and then Sandy joining in by ripping Patrick's head off, it's all just amazing. The ending of this episode is also fantastically horrible, when Sandy finds out what SpongeBob and Patrick did. Shout-out to Carolyn Lawrence, she did a great job with Sandy's scream in this moment.

I really don't have much to say about this episode other than it's really good and very enjoyable. It's well-earned its spot in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.2/10

Back