141a. The Curse of the Hex

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

Alright, topic on Curse of the Hex... Here's my opinions:

Obviously a very bizzarre episode... It wasn't very funny, but that's no surprise... It was about as good as I expected it to be... I noticed Spongebob saying: "She gave me his business card..." I'm pretty sure that clip was used in the promos for Legends of Bikini Bottom... Am I right?

3/10

JCM

#cancelspongebob
Yeah, Curse of the Hex was a Legends of Bikini Bottom episode. I wasn't too excited about them choosing today to premiere it.

hasfarr

your mom
Aaron Springer

fuuuu_by_ku127-png.jpg

cwn

Porous Freak
The Curse Of The Hex was tecnically included in season 7.
5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was horrendous! Madame Hagfish has to be one of the most ugliest characters ever to appear in SpongeBob. The beginning with her spitting, throwing up or whatever was a real timekeeper, plain useless, uncalled for, and gross! She was also quite annoying, too. I can't actually believe SpongeBob actually cared for her! To top it all off, the episode itself was lazy. When SpongeBob saved Mr. Krabs and got the doubloon, all he had to do was punch the eel? Wow, what a lazy excuse for a plot element. Also, at the end, it's revealed that the curse was just a closed sign? That was just idiotic! This episode was disappointing, lazy, disgusting, and had a horrible plot. Worst episode of "Legends of Bikini Bottom". 1/10

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
This was kinda good at first then went down during the show especially at the end with the closed sign or something but I give it 6/10

I can understand why some people hates this episode but I actually thought this episode was good but I was a little disappointed too. There were some flaws in this episode. First of all, Madame Hagfish was disgusting. Second of all, all SpongeBob had to do was punching the eel? That was just lame. Also the curse was the closed sign? That was really lame. I liked this episode because there were some hilarious parts in this episode like the umbrella joke, the krabby patties in SpongeBob's pants, Mr. Krabs' money burning and the ending. I don't recommend this episode but this episode is still better than The Main Drain. 8/10.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
To be honest, I really liked this one! I thought the plot was a little creepy, but interesting. And I thought this episode was very clever. As for the ending with the closed sign, I don't see what the problem is with that. The writers didn't run out of ideas, the closed sign was part of a JOKE! It was part of the punchline! Think about it. After Krabs proved to be a selfish beast, Madam Hagfish made it look as if she had cast a spell to curse the Krusty Krab. She caused Mr. Krabs and Spongebob to become extremely paranoid, and little did they know that she just put a closed sign in front of the Krusty Krab, and that they were causing THEIR OWN bad luck! the punchline is, Madam Hagfish basically made them think that she put a curse on the Krusty Krab, giving it bad luck, and little did they know that she only put a closed sign in front and let them cause their own bad luck without even knowing it! If you think about it, it was actually a really clever (and hilarious) punchline and the I think the writers did a very good job at it. I think this episode is very underrated and it has more humor than people give it credit for. I think this is the best Legends of Bikini Bottom episode overall, and definitely the third best of Season 7!

10/10 :)

GordoktheMad said:
To be honest, I really liked this one! I thought the plot was a little creepy, but interesting. And I thought this episode was very clever. As for the ending with the closed sign, I don't see what the problem is with that. The writers didn't run out of ideas, the closed sign was part of a JOKE! It was part of the punchline! Think about it. After Krabs proved to be a selfish beast, Madam Hagfish made it look as if she had cast a spell to curse the Krusty Krab. She caused Mr. Krabs and Spongebob to become extremely paranoid, and little did they know that she just put a closed sign in front of the Krusty Krab, and that they were causing THEIR OWN bad luck! the punchline is, Madam Hagfish basically made them think that she put a curse on the Krusty Krab, giving it bad luck, and little did they know that she only put a closed sign in front and let them cause their own bad luck without even knowing it! If you think about it, it was actually a really clever (and hilarious) punchline and the I think the writers did a very good job at it. I think this episode is very underrated and it has more humor than people give it credit for. I think this is the best Legends of Bikini Bottom episode overall, and definitely the third best of Season 7!

I agree with you. This episode is so underrated. I really liked the most part of this episode. It's also my second favorite Legends of Bikini Bottom episode. In my opinion, the best is Welcome to Bikini Bottom Triangle.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SB_DW_Fan said:
I agree with you. This episode is so underrated. I really liked the most part of this episode. It's also my second favorite Legends of Bikini Bottom episode. In my opinion, the best is Welcome to Bikini Bottom Triangle.
Yeah, the only thing I didn't like about it was Krabs' selfishness, but at least he got comeuppance for it!

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Kinda underwhelming and weak but wasnt as bad as I was expecting. 6/10.

When you put it that way, it kinda does make sense. Illiniguy called this episode the curse of ::dolphin noise:: writing though he did kinda overexaggerate with some of the eps he reviewed making them seem much worse than they actually are. Very entertaining videos though.

Back