083b. Waiting

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

So I just watched the Season 5 episode "Waiting," and that's actually not a terrible episode. I even found myself laughing out loud a few times. Like when Patrick breaks the toy and Spongebob is trying to act all calm, or when they're crying and Spongebob's trying to tell Squidward what happened. ("And then my toy and then YOU and then SNAP and then this!!!)

So a couple of reasons why I think this episode might be so good...

1. The story was actually written 3 years before the episode came out. There was a Spongebob book called "Special Delivery" that was basically the exact same story.
2. It's only a 6-minute episode, so they don't have to try to fill space with stupid lines or stuff like that.

There's also a few parts I didn't like, like when Spongebob is being a jerk to all his friends. (But I guess that's kinda the point.) I would probably give it 4 stars.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Favourite part:

Patrick: SpongeBob?
SpongeBob: (still smiling, looking at his toy) I waited so long!
SpongeBob: And you've broke it!
Patrick: You okay, buddy?
SpongeBob: Yes, yes I'm okay.
Patrick: (relieved) Phew! Oh, for a sec, I--
SpongeBob: (suddenly in a rage) YOU!!!! YOU RUINED MY FREE TOY!!!!

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
Favourite part:

Yeah, that part is hilarious!

hasfarr

your mom
This episode is sad, especially when Patrick eats SpongeBob's cake. Which is why I change the channel every time I see it.

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
I agree that there are some parts that are sad, but I think that's also kinda the point. At least it sorta has a happy ending.

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I actually have a SB picture book that is almost exactly like this episode except that Spongebob waits for a red string. The string breaks and he and Patrick give it a little funeral. Squidward comes out and ties it together, fixing it. The end. :P

For THIS particular episode, I liked the toy. :) Also, I liked it.

Squiddykins

take back the falls
Favourite part:

Exactly my favorite part right there, lol. I lol'ed so hard! :rofl:

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
I actually have a SB picture book that is almost exactly like this episode except that Spongebob waits for a red string. The string breaks and he and Patrick give it a little funeral. Squidward comes out and ties it together, fixing it. The end. :P

For THIS particular episode, I liked the toy. :) Also, I liked it.
Yeah, I used to have it too...

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I liked the episode, it was like an older episode, but shorter. I also like the design of the toy.

Premise: 9/10
Execution: 9/10

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I actually have a SB picture book that is almost exactly like this episode except that Spongebob waits for a red string. The string breaks and he and Patrick give it a little funeral. Squidward comes out and ties it together, fixing it. The end.
tongue.gif

For THIS particular episode, I liked the toy.
smile.gif
Also, I liked it.
I HAVE THAT BOOK TOO

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
^ That's what I thought about the episode. The waiting plot was okay, but SpongeBob and Patrick crying because of the toy broke was stupid. I did liked a few parts such as Sandy and Gary interputting SpongeBob, the fork was the gift, and the ending. 4/10 (D-)

Not terribly exciting. I will give them something for putting a couple of jokes, but there's too much crying and too much waiting. Not that good of an episode.

4.5|10 Overall

My opinion has changed a little.

The plot wasn't too terrible, but ugh. The waiting, the crying, the flipping out. It all seemed a bit out of character for Spongebob. The fork joke was kind of funny, but nothing laugh out loud funny.

3|10 Overall

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I laughed once when spongebob is smiling and saying that he waited so long. but I want more than one joke in an episode.

Wow, was this a bad episode. First, let's look at the plot. So, the plot of this episode is that SpongeBob waits for a toy. Yep, that's the basic plot of this episode. Most of the episode is just so childish! I find it really stupid that SpongeBob couldn't do things with his friends because he HAS to be there to get the package. Can't the mailman just leave it for SpongeBob to pick up later? I also hated the crying part. The only thing I liked in the episode was the fork joke. Overall, I give this episode a 3/10.

Back