80a. Best Day Ever

Squiddykins

take back the falls

An episode that has a good Spongebob song in it. What I really like about this episode is that it starts out with the song at the beginning. The rest of it is okay. I love the part where the fish stood up at Squidward's concert, then he yelled "This was supposed to be my perfect day..SIT DOWN!"

Discuss. What do you like/not like about it?

hasfarr

your mom
...AND THEN EVERYTHING TURNED INTO DOO-DOO!

Like "Earworm", the only good thing about this episode was the song. I have the feeling the plot and the moral would've been used for a Barney episode.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I like it, :) there's a lot of negative reviews about it, but I think that's because when it first aired, Nickelodeon over-hyped it by making it look like a super-special episode and putting a 24 hour "Best Day Ever" mararthon of SpongeBob episodes before it aired. Had that not happened, I think a lot of people would have liked the episode a lot better.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
It was definitely over-hyped, but it wasn't all that bad. It was a lot more watchable than I expected, in fact.

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
Ugh... I thought it was terrible... There was basically no storyline at all... You knew the entire episode after watching the first 90 seconds...

Just my opinion of course...

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I, I just reckon it's lazy writing. They're out of ideas so they just decided to base an episode on a song that was released about 5 years earlier.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
My opinion has completely changed since that last post.

When you look back at it, it was weird that they composed, wrote and recorded this whole song for the movie soundtrack, and then don't make a scene around it. It was only used in the credits. So, unless it was planned to base an episode around it before the song was made, I think it was a great idea to make an episode around the song, as it's really a great tune - I used to listen to it all the time back when the soundtrack was released.

I think the episode is actually quite funny and a good episode. I like how SpongeBob helps Squidward and they actually get along - it's kinda sweet.

I love the end too.

Squidward: How long do we have to keep this up?
Mr Krabs: Just till his little heart gives out, Squidward. Just till his little heart gives out.

cwn

Porous Freak
Pretty boring, but had a good song. Definitely overshadows The Gift Of Gum. 5.9/10

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
BEST DAY EVER.

Y U GET SO MUCH HATE?

8.5/10 (It was over-hyped, but good.)

This episode had a bad moral, and like hasfarr said, the plot was awful. >_< But that's really it.

This episode was alright. It felt a bit too obvious at times. The moments mentioned were pretty much the only good ones. It's definitely not as bad as people say it is, though. :)

hfjs

THIS. THIS.

The song was bad, and so was the plot. Oh yeah, the countdown was COMPLETELY messed up. You-Know-What was Number 1, All That Glitters was Number 12, Band Geeks was Number 38, Chocolate With Nuts was Number 45, Graveyard Shift was Number 70 I think, and Something Smells was nowhere to be found.

SIT DOWN YOU STUPID FISH THIS IS MY PERFECT DAY

but seriously, I do think this episode is watchable and not borderline bad that everyone seems to think it is :/

Supmandude

Squog
It's alright but, it was really over-hyped with the marathon. However, if you look at it on its own I think it's okay but, not great.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This episode gets way more hate than it deserves. It's not a great episode, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it either. It's mostly just mediocre. A couple of things got a laugh out of me (SpongeBob snapping at that fish to sit down during his speech, for example), and I liked the scene where SpongeBob is convincing Squidward to go on with his concert, I thought it was sweet. Really, it's an average episode. Not great, but watchable.

Back