280b. Wallhalla

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I think this was a good episode. I didn't like Patrick eating Urchin poop. 7/10

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
It's okay. Wally was funny I guess? The gross out humor was lame. The worldbuilding was cool though.

6.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This was better than I thought it would be... 9.5/10

It's a good episode I like the jokes (the Urchin poop and Nose hair ones) but it's a rather fun episode tbh

A Superior one overall

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Pretty entertaining but it could've used some more build up. And also, the scenes with the urchin droppings and with the toothbrush shouldn't have happened. Still a decent episode of course.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Again, I’ve got nothing. I have no idea what this episode is about. Though, every time I’ve seen the title, I’ve thought of both the track M’Wanna and the Cool Math Game Farafalla. Ah, good times, those were. It’s a Flash game so I can’t even play it anymore…Anyway, I’m assuming that the title is actually a play on Valhalla, but I guess we’ll see.

Starting an episode with SpongeBob and Gary is always a smart plan if you want to get me interested. I have many questions about Gary having a math test…a math test that seems to cover advanced calculus (and don’t think I didn’t see the “Something Smells” reference there). SpongeBob can’t seem to find Gary anywhere…based on the title of this episode I’m going to make a guess that Gary is in the walls. And this is a guess that is eventually supported by the kind of freaky imagery of Gary in the wall. And then after a pretty neat visual, uh, idk what to call it. Is it a joke? No idea. But anyway, after SpongeBob crawls into the picture of his parents’ house, he too is in the walls…and then the door closes on him. SO now he’s stuck.

Thankfully the episode choses this time to stop using the kind of uncomforting imagery of SpongeBob and Gary in the wall, and we see it from their point of view. And then SpongeBob finds out that someone’s been living in his walls. Well that’s not horrifying at all…it’s kind of funny to think about how this episode completely exists outside the continuity of any episode where SpongeBob’s house gets destroyed. I guess after decades of living inside the walls, you manage to make it some sort of paradise…Wallhalla, if you will.

All this episode makes me want to do is deep clean my entire place of living LMAO. I feel like having this much mold in the walls is a health violation of some sort…

As the episode goes on, I realize that the people in this episode are not that bright. First, we have SpongeBob not recognizing that they’re taking food from his own fridge…but that’s not even that bad, it was a decently good joke. And I suppose that Wally not realizing that SpongeBob is the noisy person can be somewhat justified because they’re clearly a bit loony. But like…SpongeBob’s been walking around them all day…how??? At least Gary realizes what’s going on lol. So it’s not really that bad, but I’m perhaps ever so slightly annoyed.

Eventually, after Wally puts his dirty hands on Gary (we’re gonna have to fight for that), they realize that SpongeBob is the annoying neighbor, and basically threatens to kill him. Well that got dark. And then Patrick comes in to pay off a joke from earlier, and also to be useless in helping SpongeBob. I know that made me sound like I’m annoyed by this. I’m not. Truthfully I’m rather resigned to the fact that when this kind of set-up happens, Patrick will never be helpful lol. It’s such an obvious joke that at this point it’s lost its humor for me. And then he starts eating SpongeBob’s cookies.

This show loves to make the Krusty Krab a place of healing, and I think that’s quite nice. SpongeBob lets Wally live in the walls of the Krusty Krab, because I guess they just love living in walls now. And poor Squidward is tormented lol. And I love how Wally still hates SpongeBob’s laugh in the end. It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure.

“Wallhalla” was alright. I don’t know many places where the episode could’ve improved, which leads me to believe that the whole idea itself was flawed for me. Maybe it was because I didn’t care about Wally. Maybe it was because the animation of people moving in the walls made me uncomfortable. Maybe it was because Patrick just ended up being an annoying and unnecessary edition to the episode. It could be any one of those things. It could be the fact that I’m a tired individual at the moment. Who knows. But the fact is, I wasn’t connecting very well to this episode.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score: 6.5/10

Back