28. Christmas Who?

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
This was the very 1st SpongeBob special and it was great! They made it very funny and great to watch at Christmas. They introduced Patchy, which was good. I like this episode! Very good!

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I showed this episode to my mom and she started crying as soon as Squidward dressed as Santa to make Spongebob happy. Like... she was very quietly sobbing over there, and all she could say was, "That's so sweet!"

This is a lady who laughed when Spongebob cried in "Pizza Delivery," BTW.

BabySmitty said:
I showed this episode to my mom and she started crying as soon as Squidward dressed as Santa to make Spongebob happy. Like... she was very quietly sobbing over there, and all she could say was, "That's so sweet!"

This is a lady who laughed when Spongebob cried in "Pizza Delivery," BTW.
Lol, wut?

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 2

Episode: Christmas Who?

This is one of my favorite specials ever! :D The story was very good and original. I liked the christmas concept. It had very funny and heartwarming/touching moments. 10/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Not my favourite winter-christmas episode either (Snowball Effect is better for me too) but I also like this and I give both 10/10 <3

FictionMagician

Imitation Krab
Along with Band Geeks, my other favorite episode. Not only is it hilarious (Patrick and his 'genie', Squidward feeling a you-know-what, the real Santa's cameo appearance at the end, even the Patchy the Pirate segments are well done), but it's probably the best example of Spongebob and Squidward's friendship. Deep down, Squidward cared enough for Spongebob to make him feel better about Christmas and Santa Clause, even after he was the one who was making fun of him the most at first. The song, 'Very First Christmas' is also a very clever and surprisingly catchy number (back when there wasn't a song in nearly every episode, as was the case in some later seasons). Maybe there are funnier episodes overall, but the mix of genuine holiday spirit and humor is nearly unmatched in terms of Nicktoons, or any cartoon for that matter. This episode has gone on to become not only a SB classic, but has transcended to become a genuine Christmas classic for people of all ages that has and will continue to stand the test of time, right up there with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jack Frost and the Charlie Brown specials. It's a tradition for me as well, I can't go one Christmas without watching this episode at least once. Amazing!

10/10

justlikeasquid

Imitation Krab
Cha said:
In my opinion this is one if not the most touching episode of all time. Let's see what I can recall from memory. Patchy starts the episode with his first appearance ever. It's a little long at the beginning, but not bad. I really liked the music in this one. It's cool to hear a Hawaiian jingle bells. We also get to see Bikini Bottom under snow, which was very rare during the time CW? came out. The story was very original. I'm glad they didn't go with the ordinary Xmas shtick. The songs are still memorable to this day of course. Now let's talk about the best moment of the episode. Actually it's one of the best parts of the whole series.The Squidward and SpongeBob relationship was absolutely spot on and brilliant. How? It followed exactly how they should act. SpongeBob tries to get Squidward to join into something fun, Squidward finds it annoying but doesn't realize how great the jolly spirit of the season is. I could go on forever about this part, but I decided just to sum it up.

SpongeBob doesn't drag Squidward into it besides decorating his home. And that's what I really like about this. Squidward got his laugh when it seemed like Santa was fake like he told them. So what's next? SpongeBob gives him a gift and Squid's heart melts a little. Squidward realizes he's made a *ahem* donkey out of himself and what does he do? He just doesn't try to reassure SpongeBob and be kind. He goes out of his way to pretend to be Santa just to make the little square dude AND the rest of Bikini Bottom happy. He even gives away all his stuff for corn's sake. I can't describe how choked up I feel whenever I catch this special on. It has a beautiful mix of silliness, charm and some serious moments. It captures the holiday spirit beautifully. Would I say it's better than It's a SB Christmas? Well Christmas Who really got passion and definitely has Squidward's most sincere gesture in it. I think both specials are good in their own ways. CW just has more heart when it comes to emotions. While IASBC is more played up for the laughs and schemes. Both are some of the finest work of the show.

9.7/10 :D
I agree 100%. :thumbsup: When Squidward got that gift and he cried it was adorable.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Fantastic episode. It's a classic with fun gags and it even gets pretty heart-felt 10/10.

chances14

Imitation Krab
ahh yes. the episode where, as a 10 year old, i found out that calling someone a donkey is not a nice thing to do :hehe:

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode is one of the best Christmas episodes I have ever seen. Such a classic, heartwarming, and funny eppy that made me smile the whole time when I was watching. The Very First Christmas is one of the best songs in the series, and Mr. Krabs singing in the high pitched voice was hilarious! This eppy also proves that Squidward doesn't hate Spongebob as much as he says, and him dressing up as Santa is heartwarming and it brings joy to my eyes. I also like the part where Squidward says "His favorite underpants!" in a redneck accent, it was really funny. Not to mention, I was laughing very hard when the donkey appeared on the TV. The story's great, there are a lot of funny jokes, plus a fantastic little song, what's not to love about this sublime special? I give it a very generous 10/10 :) Not only is it the best Spongebob special of all time, it is up there as one of my favorite episodes!

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Amazing christmas special and easily one of the show's best specials. The song is memorable, Squidward's character is great here, and on top of all of that, Patrick thinks Santa Claus is a genie (You ain't never had a friend like me!). The Patchy stuff is good too.

10/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
One of my favourite specials, I really loved the story here it was nice and heart-warming and it's what a Christmas episode should be like. It's not the funniest episode but it does have some funny moments like Patrick asking for another piece of paper and Mr. Krabs singing in that high-pitched voice.

9/10

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
This is such a heartwarming episode and definitely my favorite special. My favorite part was Squidward pretending to be Santa and giving everyone presents just to make SpongeBob happy.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
admirable_animations__christmas_who__by_thegreatserver-daqpozz.png

Enjoy my latest deviantation.

Back