277a. Captain Pipsqueak

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really liked this episode. 8/10. It was good to see older characters come back!

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
The return of EVIL and the previous characters are nice, and it's also really funny as well. It's basically a better version of Super Incredibly Long Episode Title Is Go! and the ending is really similar to said episode.

Fantastic (17/20)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Oh boy, another episode that I literally have no idea what to guess based on its title. “Captain Pipsqueak” is giving me…”Pull Up A Barrel”. Either that or like…”Arrgh!” or something. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if “pipsqueak” is referring to Plankton, not SpongeBob as I’m predicting. I guess we shall see.

I suppose the title does refer to Plankton. And I don’t think this episode is going to be about pirates like I thought. A pity. But only a little bit of one, because it turns out this episode is about something also good—supervillains. So really, it’s going to be more like “Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team-Up Is Go”. Maybe. I can already tell this episode is going to lean far more into the hamminess of this comic book parody than that episode did, which is for sure the correct direction. And we can see that hamminess in Plankton’s plan to become a supervillain. See, because he’s already a villain, so all that’s left to upgrade is presentation. Did y’all get that reference because it’s very important to me that you do. The montage of Plankton trying out different “villain” looks (including his final look, which is a clear reference to Magneto) is pretty amusing. At least it’s as amusing as costume montages typically are.

Upon Plankton arriving to the evil villain lair, I realize that I’ve indeed heard of this episode before, because this scene is pretty famous among the SpongeBob fandom circles given just the sheer number of call backs and references in this lair. If I were to go through everything, I’d be here all day. Just know that I do indeed appreciate all the appearances here, and I will for sure be adding this to my analysis that will happen at some point about the show taking a self-referential turn. Now this is an easter egg. Not only does it reference more than just the first few seasons, but the way it does so is fantastic, with all these characters rehearsing lines we know them for (and more) (it even references Battle for Bikini Bottom!!!!). And because I recognize all of these characters and their lines, this feels like such a reward. I love when easter eggs feel like that. And, frankly, they almost always do. Which is why I get so confused when people incessantly criticize the show being self-referential. But I said I wouldn’t get too into this and so let me move on.

Turns out all these villains are here to try out for the evil supervillain group. You know, this reminds me of those How it Should Have Ended videos. Man, I haven’t watched those in a long time. But anyway, the thought of villains hanging out together at a pub is one that has always entertained me, so now this show is kind of doing its own version of it. The tryouts are pretty entertaining, and I love the way Man Ray is just liberally killing people LMAO. Plankton, or should I say Captain Pipsqueak, manages to move onto the next round. Good for him.

This episode clearly is all about the references, because the next place we see is Super Weenie Hut Jr.’s. Oh I’m loving this. It’s nice to see Plankton getting wins here, as he manages to get lunch for everyone. And he blows someone’s house up. Y’all know I love my explosions. And of course, we gotta get one last reference in there with the reveal that EVIL is indeed Every Villain Is Lemons.

With Plankton a part of EVIL, the first order of business is stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula. This is pretty amusing with everyone pulling up to the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob being unfazed, at first, is good too. To my surprise, the villains easily get their hands on the formula…but it turns out that they didn’t quite understand what Plankton’s goal was. And finally someone understands that putting Mr. Krabs out of business isn’t even a good idea, as Krabby Patties are delicious. I love how Man Ray just politely gives the formula back to Mr. Krabs. I’ve said that I like Man Ray a lot before, right? Because it’s true, I do.

“Captain Pipsqueak” is undoubtedly a better version of “Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team-Up is Go!”. You guys know I don’t even use the term rip-off, so let’s not go there. But, on its surface, it does have a similar premise. Not the same though.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Oh boy, another episode that I literally have no idea what to guess based on its title. “Captain Pipsqueak” is giving me…”Pull Up A Barrel”. Either that or like…”Arrgh!” or something. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if “pipsqueak” is referring to Plankton, not SpongeBob as I’m predicting. I guess we shall see.

I suppose the title does refer to Plankton. And I don’t think this episode is going to be about pirates like I thought. A pity. But only a little bit of one, because it turns out this episode is about something also good—supervillains. So really, it’s going to be more like “Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team-Up Is Go”. Maybe. I can already tell this episode is going to lean far more into the hamminess of this comic book parody than that episode did, which is for sure the correct direction. And we can see that hamminess in Plankton’s plan to become a supervillain. See, because he’s already a villain, so all that’s left to upgrade is presentation. Did y’all get that reference because it’s very important to me that you do. The montage of Plankton trying out different “villain” looks (including his final look, which is a clear reference to Magneto) is pretty amusing. At least it’s as amusing as costume montages typically are.

Upon Plankton arriving to the evil villain lair, I realize that I’ve indeed heard of this episode before, because this scene is pretty famous among the SpongeBob fandom circles given just the sheer number of call backs and references in this lair. If I were to go through everything, I’d be here all day. Just know that I do indeed appreciate all the appearances here, and I will for sure be adding this to my analysis that will happen at some point about the show taking a self-referential turn. Now this is an easter egg. Not only does it reference more than just the first few seasons, but the way it does so is fantastic, with all these characters rehearsing lines we know them for (and more) (it even references Battle for Bikini Bottom!!!!). And because I recognize all of these characters and their lines, this feels like such a reward. I love when easter eggs feel like that. And, frankly, they almost always do. Which is why I get so confused when people incessantly criticize the show being self-referential. But I said I wouldn’t get too into this and so let me move on.

Turns out all these villains are here to try out for the evil supervillain group. You know, this reminds me of those How it Should Have Ended videos. Man, I haven’t watched those in a long time. But anyway, the thought of villains hanging out together at a pub is one that has always entertained me, so now this show is kind of doing its own version of it. The tryouts are pretty entertaining, and I love the way Man Ray is just liberally killing people LMAO. Plankton, or should I say Captain Pipsqueak, manages to move onto the next round. Good for him.

This episode clearly is all about the references, because the next place we see is Super Weenie Hut Jr.’s. Oh I’m loving this. It’s nice to see Plankton getting wins here, as he manages to get lunch for everyone. And he blows someone’s house up. Y’all know I love my explosions. And of course, we gotta get one last reference in there with the reveal that EVIL is indeed Every Villain Is Lemons.

With Plankton a part of EVIL, the first order of business is stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula. This is pretty amusing with everyone pulling up to the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob being unfazed, at first, is good too. To my surprise, the villains easily get their hands on the formula…but it turns out that they didn’t quite understand what Plankton’s goal was. And finally someone understands that putting Mr. Krabs out of business isn’t even a good idea, as Krabby Patties are delicious. I love how Man Ray just politely gives the formula back to Mr. Krabs. I’ve said that I like Man Ray a lot before, right? Because it’s true, I do.

“Captain Pipsqueak” is undoubtedly a better version of “Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team-Up is Go!”. You guys know I don’t even use the term rip-off, so let’s not go there. But, on its surface, it does have a similar premise. Not the same though.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.2/10
Can't wait to find out what you think of Plane to Sea!

I honestly find that episode to be mid however I like this one

Back