276a. Say Awww!

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really loved this episode. The facial expressions were pretty good. 9/10. Easily the best episode thus far of Season 13.

BobinFlobo

Baby Clam
9.5/10, best ep in years. It was so bluntly chaotic and had a completely different tone than the rest of modern SpongeBob. Hope they keep cranking them out like this

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I mean... It's alright. I enjoyed it on my first watch through but honestly it's not a really funny episode and a lot of it is kinda the same joke. Almost reminds me of Cuddle E. Hugs when you think about it.

6.5/10

If it was in any other season I probably wouldn't like it as much, but with how Season 13 is going, this is easily a top 3 episode of the season.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I watched it recently it was good very fun to watch and it was funny also the ending was very creative if you ask me!

Good episode

Last edited:

SPNGBDDY

Resident SpongeBob Fanatic
9/10 Really great episode with fantastic animation.
Only thing I did not like about it is how the emergency exit was out of the robots butt.

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Was my favorite of the season at the time of airing. (has since been dethroned multiple times).
This episode is very good. This was one of the first season 13 episodes with suspense. Very good episode.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Hmmm…I know nothing about this episode. All I can think is dentists + something cute. And that’s me taking the title apart the best I can. It’s kind of fun that I approach episodes this way now, because it makes me look at the titles more critically than I usually would (though I would on occasion do similar title focuses just for fun).

This episode literally begins with Plankton crashing into the Krusty Krab. I’ll admit, that’s definitely not at all what I had in mind for literally any of this episode at all. Consider my expectations thoroughly shattered (not quite yet, though). One random old lady finds Plankton to be adorable, causing other customers to see him the same way. Considering he came in guns blazing, that’s a…fascinating reaction. I swear, sometimes Bikini Bottomites are dumber than a box of rocks. So it seems that Plankton’s goal in this episode is to show everyone that cute can be something to be afraid of. Hmm…sounds interesting. Depending on how this goes. I’ve seen enough cute characters that are kind of very scary (well, scary isn’t the right word, but we’ll pretend it is). Nui Harime, anyone?

So Plankton creates a robot that looks adorable, but upon hearing the word “awww”, it will eat people. And then Plankton gets eaten by it. Well that got dark. And now I’m wondering how the episode is going to play out. Well…I guess it plays out with the robot not changing whe SpongeBob says aww…I hope this is addressed because that’s a glaring plothole otherwise. Eventually the robot does change in front of all the customers (not SpongeBob cuz he goes to the bathroom), but I’m still confused about how SpongeBob didn’t get eaten earlier…

While SpongeBob is oblivious to the fact that the robot ate everyone in the restaurant, the people trapped inside its stomach try to get out using the emergency escape uvula, which is at the very top of the room. Plankton didn’t think this through at all, did he. Well, that is in character for him.

I like the way that this episode for a second tricks us into thinking that SpongeBob really isn’t going to bat an eye about this robot turning into a giant person-eating creature thing, but then he finally breaks his composure. But unlike everyone else, he actually manages to run away…to Glove World, allowing the robot to eat a whole bunch more people. I’m surprised Plankton managed to make this competent of a robot. I’m also surprised that SpongeBob’s luck ends up running out, and he gets eaten by the robot too. But this allows everyone to finally escape. And of course, SpongeBob being the guy that he is, feels bad for the robot, and manages to get it a job as a Glove World ride. Man, what a guy.

“Say Awww!” was definitely not what I expected considering there were no dentists lol. But I mean, this episode was pretty enjoyable so who cares. The robot was delightfully freakish. Literally throughout this entire episode I was thinking of the movie Nope. If you’ve seen that movie, I’m sure you understand why. I think my only complaint here, other than the episode not being particularly funny, is that it was a very…low stakes episode. And I know that sounds crazy because people were being literally eaten, but like we all knew that everyone would be freed, and how they’d be freed, pretty soon into everything. So it was kind of predictable and easy to see where the episode would go next by that point. If we didn’t learn that information so soon, I think that would’ve helped things.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8/10

Back