275a. Food PBFFT! Truck

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Very funny indeed! I like the jokes but my favorite part was the scene where Mr Krabs is so angry he turns into a live action crab i actually laughed at that!

Great Episode

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
There were a few jokes that I liked (like Mr. Krabs turning to a steamed crab) but other than that I feel like this episode wasn't very memorable. I liked the Rock Bottom part but I felt like the entire episode could be executed better.

Decent (12/20)

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This is such a dumb episode. We didn't need another delivery episode because we've had so many of them at this point (and even a Rock Bottom delivery episode for crying out loud), and the episode is very cluttered and unoriginal. The steamed crab gag wasn't funny (it was done a lot better in Larry's Gym) and other than that there aren't really any jokes I even remember from this episode. I don't know what to really add here, the episode is just bland and unfunny.

2/10

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Idk why but these kinds of episodes are kinda automatically entertaining for me (like, the ones in which Squidward and SpongeBob work together without the latter tormenting the former).
Decent episode.

Yummylesecond

DOWNTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY
I really liked this episode but why did they give that angler fish an accent when he didn't have it at first? I get the voice change but why change the accent?

8.4/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Why am I already getting “Food Con Castaways” vibes? I haven’t even started the episode yet. But it seems those are the vibes I’m predicting from this episode. I also wonder what the whole onomatopoeia in the middle of the episode title is all about.

Seems like this is one of those episodes that has the Krusty Krab be incredibly busy. It’s also one of those episodes where Bikini Bottomites are incredibly lazy. Something something, critique of instant gratification something. Even though Mr. Krabs is already making a ton of money, he sees the opportunity to make more in the form of investing in a food truck. Personally, I don’t think that would be a good idea, but you do you Mr. Krabs. Next thing we know, this show will have its equivalent of Doordash.

Mr. Krabs, of course, is very cheap when it comes to investing in a food truck, so he’s got some fixer upper DIY looking-thing ready for Squidward and SpongeBob to sell some patties. As per usual, the banter between these 3 is entertaining, and ends with Squidward getting some form of slapstick punishment from Mr. Krabs lol. It’s episodes like these that make me wonder how the Krusty Krab stays in business at all, because how exactly can Mr. Krabs make more money from a food truck than an actual restaurant…the food truck has to stop moving at some point, which means people will probably form a line, which means boom we’ve got the same problem with no instant gratification. See, if you ask me, what we need to do is change the mindset of the people in Bikini Bottom…*continues devolving into soapbox territory that I will spare you all on*

This episode differentiates itself from other similar ventures like “Sanitation Insanity” or even “Pizza Delivery” by having SpongeBob and Squidward come up on some competition immediately. Seems the food truck business is quite competitive. And so we spend some time just having various amusing gags with SpongeBob and Squidward being foiled by the competition.

With Bikini Bottom being a bust, there’s only one place for SpongeBob and Squidward to go…ohhhhhh, that’s why the “PBFFT!” is in the title! I get it now guys. It seems I’m a lil slow today. Yep, SpongeBob and Squidward are headed down to Rock Bottom. I am incredibly here for this. And of course, there’s references out the wazoo, just from the sign, the buildings, the vending machine, and even the bus stop. SpongeBob and Squidward come up on a problem though—Rock Bottom seems completely abandoned. Well, this is giving me both “Gone” and Nope vibes. And when they try to serve the same fish from the end of “Rock Bottom”, also known as Incidental 211, according to the SpongeBob wiki (And apparently also as “the glow fish”. So I guess that’s what I’ll call him), he keeps disappearing. I like to think that this guy is a huge troll. It’s amusing. And SpongeBob and Squidward can’t go home til they sell a patty to him. I like how this episode uses some of the previous music from “Rock Bottom” too. It’s a nice bit of continuity.

So now we get a bunch of amusing gags with SpongeBob and Squidward trying and failing to catch the glow fish, and also getting stung by jellyfish for their troubles lol. Turns out that the glow fish wasn’t even waving them over at all, but rather “drying out his armpits”. I guess SpongeBob and Squidward failed to account for the very different way that Rock Bottomites live their lives. And then it also turns out that all the missing people in Rock Bottom were at the Krusty Krab…so poor SpongeBob and Squidward return as utter failures. I love how when they come back, Mr. Krabs is at first really mad, but it’s just cuz he’s hungry. So they manage to sell their one and only patty to him.

“Food PBFFT! Truck” was a pretty fun episode. Honestly my only complaint is that we didn’t spend enough time in Rock Bottom. Maybe like an extra minute would’ve been good. It’s funny how on one hand, there’s continuity in that SpongeBob knows where Rock Bottom is, and how to speak their dialect, but on the other, the glow fish doesn’t know who SpongeBob is. I would’ve liked to see them actually remember each other, but I have to always keep in mind that this show has no real continuity.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.1/10

Back