3 words

Chicken. Nugget. Patrick.

Emy

Floating Shopping List
I feel like this would've been better as a short but it's fine enough

6/10

Snails

Floating Shopping List
This is the perfect example of a Meh Episode. It's pretty funny, but it's also boring. There's also some Squidward and SpongeBob torture in this episode, but it doesn't knock off too many points because that's where most of the humor comes from, and the episode was pretty funny. I'd give it a 5.2/10.

Awe

Floating Shopping List
I did not care for it at all. Just seemed like a lazy ripoff of Pat The Horse/Patricks Tantrum

Nothing here was terrible though but it’s definitely a scumbob for me

2.5/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
6.5/10.
It was a meh episode. I did like the mocking Patrick joke.

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I find this episode to not be that good.
First of all, I'm not a huge fan of Patrick acting like a dog. He does this A LOT in post-sequel SpongeBob, and I find it to be a major flanderization for Patrick in my opinion. You can't make someone act like a dog for the sake of someone acting like a dog. You gotta make jokes out of it besides "Woof woof I'm a dog bark bark". We get some dog training cliches that been done to death and is not that interesting to see. Squidward gets tortured yet again, cuz... That's funny...
Although for the positives, we get some funny jokes including Mocking Patrick.
But sadly, they don't make up for the fact that this is a low-meh episode.
4/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
10/10! I like how they made kelp forest return also its very funny and it had plenty of gags i enjoyed

Under The Small Top (11/10)
Pat The Dog: (10/10)
A Place For Pets (9/10)
Lockdown For Love (8/10)
Squidward's Sick Daze (2/10)

Last edited:

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
I actually don't hate this one as much although now it really does seem pretty bad when compared to something like 285

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Fun Fact: The title of this episode might be a reference to the CG cartoon "Pat the Dog." Neat I guess, I never saw it.

I didn't really like this episode. In this episode, Patrick acts like a worm (or a dog) and everybody just goes along with it. I know Patrick is supposed to be dumb, but this is just ridiculous in my opinion. And Squidward goes along with it too and tries to train him. Squidward wouldn't usually put up with Patrick's shenanigans like this. Why does Patrick act like a dog? Why is he causing unnecessary trouble for others in this episode? Patrick could easily stop acting like an animal. Why does everyone else put up with this? I wonder if Patrick would still act like a dog if everyone else ignored him haha.

This episode reminds me of Pat the Horse, and for some reason I kinda liked that episode. I remember it being fun and I don't remember Patrick causing trouble for other people. It's been a while since I've seen Pat the Horse though. But Patrick was obnoxious to me in Pat the Dog. I think the idea of Patrick acting like an animal can work and has potential, but I don't think it's executed well here.

I just found the premise of this episode to be pretty dumb and ridiculous. Not the worst episode ever, but I didn't like it very much. I did like the Nugget and MockPatrick jokes though.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
You’ve heard of “Pat The Horse”, now get ready for “Pat the Dog”! I realized the double meaning of this title quickly, but that makes me wonder now…does “Pat the Horse” have the same double meaning? You don’t really think of petting horses, right?

I’ve definitely talked about this before, but I do kinda really like this move by the show to start using recurring characters at these new recurring locations, like the recurring cop character (though we did already have some with Officer Nancy and such), or in this episode, the animal control guy. Funny that I bring this up, because this episode also builds on the running joke of Patrick acting like a dog. Though this joke has been brought up exclusively in Spot episodes up until now, so it seems we’re expanding our horizons.

This beginning bit of SpongeBob trying to manage the worms is pretty entertaining. I really liked the bit with “Butcher”…with a name like that, what else could you expect but a rabid worm? When it’s revealed that Patrick is the “worm” that Marvin was tipped about by Squidward, I start thinking about something. This episode is called “Pat the Dog”, correct? And he does act like a dog. However, he is considered in-universe to be acting like a worm. And before you say anything, yes, I do know that worms in this universe are considered to be dogs. So why not just call this episode “Pat the Worm”? It’s already a long-established fact of the SpongeBob universe that snails are cats and worms are dogs. Maybe it’s so the episode could keep the double meaning I discussed earlier. Or maybe I just look far too deeply into everything. We all know it’s that one.

SpongeBob devotes himself to training Patrick…who isn’t even housebroken. Now that’s how you do a gross joke. Don’t spend too much time on it, no gross visuals, just drop it and run. Of course, Patrick is quite the chaotic worm. Patrick turning the pound into a racing ring is actually hilarious. Because Patrick is such a menace, he’s gotta be locked up, so SpongeBob has to adopt him to prevent that…oh boy. This means that Patrick is taken home to SpongeBob’s house, where Gary is. And of course, my king Gary can’t stand having a worm inside the house.

Moving into the next morning, after a gorgeous background alert (that I sadly have no picture of because the wiki did not get a good one of it), of course Squidward’s gotta properly enter this episode now. Huh, now I’m reminded of “Jellyfish Jam”. Patrick clearly does not vibe with Squidward, going to attack him immediately. This little bit of everyone running around was very nicely animated, I must say. I love the expressions here. It’s really interesting seeing SpongeBob admit defeat to Squidward like this. I like it, we don’t normally see him get…frustrated like this. Especially not with Patrick. And it’s great seeing Squidward actually decide to help SpongeBob here. I mean, he’s doing it for his own sake, and because his ego is large enough to think that he has supreme training capabilities, but I would’ve expected Squidward to be like “it’s your problem, fix it” and go on his way. And yeah, I suppose Squidward does tell SpongeBob to beg so he can swim in that for a little bit, but he still agrees.

So now Squidward’s recruited to give some “tough love” to Patrick while SpongeBob plays dead. Oh this should be good. And it is. Watching this back and forth between Squidward and Patrick, even without Patrick talking, is great. Also, this shot of Patrick on top of Squidward lowkey implies to me that Patrick is at this point trolling Squidward. Idk…maybe I just like seeing characters troll each other. And as it turns out, Squidward does eventually train Patrick…probably. Again, if Patrick’s trolling, I think that makes this even better. Because Marvin basically forces Squidward to train Butcher…who is not so receptive. AND THEN I GET PROVEN RIGHT THAT PATRICK WAS BEING A TROLL (okay, well, he wasn’t trolling per se, he wanted Squidward to feel accomplished. But I’m counting it as me being right anyway so there).

I really liked “Pat the Dog”. It was just a stupid fun episode that doesn’t take itself seriously. Lots of great gags and jokes in this one, and I already detailed all the other smaller things I really liked here. Keep the episodes like this coming, and I’ll be happy.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10

Back