270a. Goofy Scoopers

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
The ESB user Thenamebeing says on an image Goofy Scoopers might air on November 23rd. :jazz2:

While its unknown if this is accurate we will just have to wait and see.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 1.25.46 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Awe

Floating Shopping List
What a fun episode! I was pleasantly surprised by Goofy Scoopers after the mediocre episode The Goody Newbie. This one has so many nice callbacks like Filthy Much, Shell City and characters like the Manager at Goody Goobers returning. The concert was also great.

5.5/10 Good Episode

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
There was nothing bad about this episode i really enjoyed watching it the jokes were nice also it was nice to see Filthy Muck again!

18/20 Amazing Episode

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked this episode. The Brain Freeze song was pretty good. 7.5/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here." I doubt any of the kids will get it, but that's a great reference.

Anyway this episode was good. I wouldn't call it great (there were a few parts I didn't like and it wasn't that funny) but there's enough here I can call it simply "good".

8/10, easily the best of Season 13 so far (which is actually kinda sad).

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Pretty good but the story progression feels off. Like, I don't feel the effort the characters are supposed to go through to recruit the Goofy Scoopers.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I gotta say, this episode piqued my interest immediately upon seeing the title card. It’s very…different. And it was playing that Hawaii Hawaii track from “King Plankton” which I adored, so two things that got me interested in one go.

This episode seems to be having SpongeBob and Patrick lean on the child side of the child-adult line, at least at the beginning, as they’re grown adults hanging out at a glorified Chuck E Cheese. And while they’re at this place for children, they’re watching an animatronic band. What is going on with these episodes having random animatronics?? Kinda funny considering the recent release of the FNAF movie. Anywho, I feel like Goofy Goobers having a rock band is a betrayal to the Goofy Goober Theme Song lol. It seems like SpongeBob and Patrick are the only ones who like their music too. SpongeBob and Patrick get kicked out because it’s closing time, and don’t think I didn’t catch that “Closing Time” reference. Crazy work.

Interesting that this is two episodes now where animatronics break and get retired. Though, I have to say…this episode immediately dated itself with that bit with the ice cream DJ. Like…bad. Like, SpongeBob SquarePants does not do this, what in the world is going on here? This kind of joke is for other shows. Not this one.

You know what this episode reminds me of? That one Phineas & Ferb episode where they get a band back together. I don’t remember a lot of details about that episode, so I won’t be describing it any further lol. If you know what I’m talking about, then you know. Anyway, SpongeBob comes up with the idea of getting the Goofy Scoopers back together. Oh boy. The joke with the truck was pretty good, can’t lie. And the joke with Clem Clam and the clown was also pretty funny. The bit with Bongos Bear reminds me a lot of the Phineas & Ferb episode yet again. I feel like this episode had to have been inspired at least a little bit…but this kind of plot isn’t unique to that show either, so I won’t make accusations.

I like how this episode, in including Goofy Goobers, immediately calls to mind the first movie, and how, knowing that, it decides to make yet another reference with this bridge to Shell City. This has got to be the same ravine from the movie. I will accept no less. Yes, it’s a lot less wide than it used to be, but we can ignore such things.

I adore the way that SpongeBob and Patrick turn the Goofy Scoopers into a metal fitting. This is actually amazing. I love metal. And seeing SpongeBob and Patrick do metal was not something I had on my bingo card but I love it. This reminds me of that one video that went viral a while ago with Nyango Star going hard at a children’s festival. Anyway, people booing them hurts my heart—y’all just don’t get it! But I understand, metal is…an acquired taste. I too remember my days of laughing at screamo. And now I listen to it without irony.

Seems like the solution to the Goofy Scoopers problem all along was to just update their sound—the DJ and the Goofy Scoopers make…very fascinating music together. I can appreciate a good rave. Imagine if this was hardstyle though LMAO.

“Goofy Scoopers” was a fun episode. I think the main issue here was that there was kind of a lack of jokes. However, the ones that were there were really good, so I don’t have too many complaints. I don’t think this is an Amazing-tier episode, as I just did not connect with it enough for that, but it’s for sure a high-Great.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I gotta say, this episode piqued my interest immediately upon seeing the title card. It’s very…different. And it was playing that Hawaii Hawaii track from “King Plankton” which I adored, so two things that got me interested in one go.

This episode seems to be having SpongeBob and Patrick lean on the child side of the child-adult line, at least at the beginning, as they’re grown adults hanging out at a glorified Chuck E Cheese. And while they’re at this place for children, they’re watching an animatronic band. What is going on with these episodes having random animatronics?? Kinda funny considering the recent release of the FNAF movie. Anywho, I feel like Goofy Goobers having a rock band is a betrayal to the Goofy Goober Theme Song lol. It seems like SpongeBob and Patrick are the only ones who like their music too. SpongeBob and Patrick get kicked out because it’s closing time, and don’t think I didn’t catch that “Closing Time” reference. Crazy work.

Interesting that this is two episodes now where animatronics break and get retired. Though, I have to say…this episode immediately dated itself with that bit with the ice cream DJ. Like…bad. Like, SpongeBob SquarePants does not do this, what in the world is going on here? This kind of joke is for other shows. Not this one.

You know what this episode reminds me of? That one Phineas & Ferb episode where they get a band back together. I don’t remember a lot of details about that episode, so I won’t be describing it any further lol. If you know what I’m talking about, then you know. Anyway, SpongeBob comes up with the idea of getting the Goofy Scoopers back together. Oh boy. The joke with the truck was pretty good, can’t lie. And the joke with Clem Clam and the clown was also pretty funny. The bit with Bongos Bear reminds me a lot of the Phineas & Ferb episode yet again. I feel like this episode had to have been inspired at least a little bit…but this kind of plot isn’t unique to that show either, so I won’t make accusations.

I like how this episode, in including Goofy Goobers, immediately calls to mind the first movie, and how, knowing that, it decides to make yet another reference with this bridge to Shell City. This has got to be the same ravine from the movie. I will accept no less. Yes, it’s a lot less wide than it used to be, but we can ignore such things.

I adore the way that SpongeBob and Patrick turn the Goofy Scoopers into a metal fitting. This is actually amazing. I love metal. And seeing SpongeBob and Patrick do metal was not something I had on my bingo card but I love it. This reminds me of that one video that went viral a while ago with Nyango Star going hard at a children’s festival. Anyway, people booing them hurts my heart—y’all just don’t get it! But I understand, metal is…an acquired taste. I too remember my days of laughing at screamo. And now I listen to it without irony.

Seems like the solution to the Goofy Scoopers problem all along was to just update their sound—the DJ and the Goofy Scoopers make…very fascinating music together. I can appreciate a good rave. Imagine if this was hardstyle though LMAO.

“Goofy Scoopers” was a fun episode. I think the main issue here was that there was kind of a lack of jokes. However, the ones that were there were really good, so I don’t have too many complaints. I don’t think this is an Amazing-tier episode, as I just did not connect with it enough for that, but it’s for sure a high-Great.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.7/10
Personally I think this has many jokes and I do agree with the "fun" part

Hyped for your Pat the Dog and Something Narwhal This Way Comes review!

Back