26b. Squidville

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Squidville (S2-E26-B)

I LIKE THIS EPISODE!!! IT'S SO HILARIOUS!!! :rofl: Living in a gated community? I like to live there when I grow up. I also like to design and build houses.

Final Score = 10/10 :1st:

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode is really, really awesome. I love this one a lot. It's in my Top 10 for Season 2 definitely. The awesome atmosphere, surrounding it is extraordinary. We see a very very cool location, that's unique to this one episode. But that's not the thing that really sells it. The freaking plot to what they do at the Squidville is also really meaningful. It shows that Squidward does want at least some of SpongeBob and Patrick in his life, he actually does have an appreciation. The way it's conveyed is awesome as well, I like how he's the one who acts upon the other people. How SpongeBob and Patrick go searching for him, it's just so great. They even brought back the reef blower! I don't think this episode is a perfect 10 for one reason- I just didn't find it too funny at bits. I know the setup was to make it so Squidward was at the edge, but I feel like it was pretty bad what happened, and I think Squidward should have done at least something in the beginning to start the setup better. I do like how they use reef blowers in the beginning, and then bring them back with Squidward, that's clever, but could have been setup a little bit better in my opinion. Aside from the setup and parts that weren't too funny, (this is a more plot episode, and I understand that) this is my favorite Squidward episode outside of Band Geeks.

I thought that this episode was GREAT: 9.7/10

Great episode. A pretty relatable story honestly. I've had similar things happen to me, and I'm pretty sure everyone else has too. Oh, and did I mention that this episode is really funny?

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Big Pink Loser (A+)
3. Dying For Pie (A)
4. Squidville (A)
5. Squid's Day Off (A)
6. Imitation Krabs (B)
7. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
8. Something Smells (B)
9. Wormy (C)
10. Bossy Boots (C)
11. Bubble Buddy (C)
12. Grandma's Kisses (F)

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Don't Understand WHY Squidward Gets Bored in his Ideal Paradise free from the two Most ANNOYING Neighbors in the entire 7 seas; with Everything the way he likes it; Canned Bread; Interpretive Dance Academy, A Clarinet quartet, and Riding his Bike. . .

It was literally everything he ever wanted; why would he grow disillusioned with it & unsatisfied?!

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Really enjoy this one. It's a great exploration of Squidward's character, and it shows that everyone needs a little zaniness in their lives. Admittedly it could've been a bit funnier but the story is so good that it doesn't really matter to me. It's still a very good episode.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Squid's Day Off (8)
7. Imitation Krabs (8)
8. Wormy (8)
9. Bossy Boots (6)
10. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
11. Bubble Buddy (5)
12. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
10/10

Third favorite of Season 2. I really liked the idea of a place where there's people like Squidward, and Squidward is finally able to relate to people just like him. Tentacle acres is probably one of my favorite settings in the show. The part where Squidward plays with a reef blower was funny as heck, plus SpongeBob and Patrick trying to find Squidward in Tentacle Acres was funny. Overall, one of my favorites.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
But we've seen numerous instances where Squidward missed SpongeBob and Patrick (e.g SB-129) so it's not really strange at all
Maybe I'm Just more familiar with the Flanderized Squidward; who absolutely hates those two; and would be absolutely Overjoyed to be away from them;

Seriously. . . Him Going to Spongebob's Defense in Krusty Krab Pizza; would be completely OOC for Modern Squidward; Because as I've gotten Older; I've found Squidward to be more relatable & more Sympathetic; and Spongebob to get More & More Insufferable with each Bad Episode(especially those with Protagonist-Centered Morality; That Trope is what makes hated & maligned episodes of the show SO Hated; Because they make Spongebob & Patrick Unlikable, and make them do horrible things and have the episode get me to root for them, simply BECAUSE they're the protagonists, and Because THEY are The Protagonists, they're allowed to do whatever the heck they want to whoever the heck they want, and receive no punishments for their actions; and when someone else tries to do what they do, The OTHER Individual get punished for doing what Spongebob got away with; Because they're NOT the Protagonist) and as such; as a Long-running show; only the More Rememorable & Consistent Qualities get kept; as You'd NEVER see Modern Squidward going to the defense of Modern Spongebob; like the times that Classic Squidward went to the defense of Classic Spongebob. . . Because It's Not Consistent with how more people percieve Squidward to be; and comes across as OOC for those newcomers who only started with either Post-Movie, Post-Sequel or Post-Hillenburg(aka After his Death) era Spongebob; and only saw the Pre-Movie Episodes Long after they've gotten themselves more familiar with Later Spongebob. . .

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really like this episode. It also includes Canned Bread. 9/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
CANNED BREAD!

Rating: Tolerant

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)