269b. Squidward's Sick Daze

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This episode is like Squiditis, Suds, & the doctor bits in Suction Cup Symphony thrown together in a blender with The Original Fry Cook & The Two Faces of Squidward thrown in at the end for an abrupt and pointless ending. And besides all of that, the episode is boring. 3/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Its AWFUL in my opinion ITS squidward torture done wrong and its a stupid squiditis ripoff so its definitely a scumbob for me

Under The Small Top (11/10)
Pat The Dog: (10/10)
A Place For Pets (9/10)
Lockdown For Love (8/10)
Squidward's Sick Daze (2/10)

Last edited:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
The beginning and the ending of this episode were pretty good for me. The middle was bad.
Overall this episode is better than its sister episode, but still not a good episode, but an average~ episode.

Emy

Floating Shopping List
This is currently my least favorite Season 13 episode. This might be some of the worst pain Squidward had to experience.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Found this to be just okay. It feels like Squid calling in sick has been done before already though

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
it was okay. i hate how SpongeBob's character has devolved into him falling for a ''look behind you'' trick

5-6/10

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Hate this episode;

Squidward doesn't want to face a day that's basically exactly like the Nightmare he had the night before work. . . and he gets punished for not wanting to go through that torment;

I Mean Why does Mr. Krabs even HAVE A Cashier; when he could just run the register himself; Considering his Greed & love of Money; Why wouldn't he just run the register himself; why does he need Squidward there; We've seen throughout the show; Squidward doesn't have a good work ethic; Why does he need him there; So What if Squidward has Senority; that should give Mr. K MORE Reason to fire him; Because MOST Employees try to GET RID of those who DO have senority. . .

and Mr. Krabs sends Spongebob to make Squidward's Stay at home Miserable[Because Potatoes(Seriously, That's the only reason I can think of for why he needs a cashier, when he could just take the customers' money himself)]

and Squidward ends up at work; living through the same scenario he had in his nightmare. . .

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Squidward torture aside it does seem to have a proper story, which is a statement that is proven false by the terrible ending. I find this episode to be mediocre. (there are redeeming qualities so it doesn't go below mediocre)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Please do not be filled with the grotesque imagery of the end of “Kwarantined Krab”.
Please do not be filled with the grotesque imagery of the end of “Kwarantined Krab”.

Alright, with that small prayer out of the way, let’s start “Squidward’s Sick Daze”. This episode starts with a gorgeous background alert, or at least a very atmospheric one. That’s always a good sign. Poor Squidward is having a very annoying day at work, with water leaking on him, customers raging (including some guy trauma dumping lol), and SpongeBob being his annoying (to Squidward) self. Clearly, we’re making our recipe for disaster here. I really like how this beginning bit builds up the feeling of being overwhelmed that Squidward’s facing. Very artfully done, without actually annoying the audience too! Major props, it’s very easy to make that mistake. And as it turns out, this was simply a dream. Now that’s relatable, because I too have anxiety dreams.

Squidward decides that he’s going to stay home that day, and not go to work. Many a days I’ve felt like this. Man, Squidward is being very relatable in this episode. Feels like me right now actually, though I am typing this out while at work (college campus jobs are the best). Mr. Krabs is onto Squidward’s ruse immediately, especially considering he literally sticks his eye through the phone. Squidward’s a rookie…when you fake calling in sick, you have to fully perform it (laying in bed, having tissues around, hand on head). It makes you sound even sicker than you’d think. I’m not speaking from experience (I’m actually not, though one time I did kind of lie about being sick while at work so…I’m more hardcore).

Mr. Krabs ain’t gonna let Squidward get away with faking being sick on his watch. When Squidward opens the door to Mr. Krabs just standing like this, I literally laughed out loud. Like why is he standing like that??? Something about this is very, very funny. It’s like he’s an NPC. See, Mr. Krabs is here because he wants Squidward to get “better”…so he offers him treatment in the form of SpongeBob acting like a doctor. Ooh Mr. Krabs you devious man. SpongeBob is the perfect amount of charming and creepy little weirdo. Like his enthusiasm when painting the picture is cute, but then when it turns out that he painted Squidward as a baby and him feeding him…oh SpongeBob you creepy little dude. I love it. And, this episode serves as fuel to my anti-SquidBob agenda so that’s another win.

Squidward tries to enjoy his sick day, but of course SpongeBob smothers him in care. He can’t even make a strudel in peace. SpongeBob’s commitment to helping Squidward feel better is quite endearing, and funny. I’m sure this will end with Squidward being actually sick, predicting it now (though I’ve actually already seen this episode…I don’t remember the end however). Also the way SpongeBob casually pulls out a saw to dissect Squidward is hilarious. I curse the fact that I am at work right now and cannot react the way I wish to. Anyway, Squidward makes up a disease, but of course it exists and has quite a bit of interesting “cures” that are then forced onto Squidward. I just love a good episode with Squidward screaming all over the place. It’s the simple things. And this episode delivers superbly. The last bit with the urchin was actually so funny, the way Tom Kenny delivers “guess again~” is perfect. Some excellent TrollBob here.

Finally, Squidward is taken back to the Krusty Krab after being “cured”, much to Mr. Krabs’ amusement. Remind me not to BS Mr. Krabs. Though, as it turns out, Squidward became quite handsome (return of the king) after all of this. Because he’s been cleared of all the sickness in his body, including the sickness of his job. Maybe SpongeBob should be a doctor after all! Mr. Krabs’ shocked face is hilarious. Squidward loses his handsomeness pretty quickly after starting back at his job, though. You win some, you lose some. And Squidward…he almost always loses.

“Squidward’s Sick Daze” was just what the doctor ordered (sorry, had to). I feel like I’ve been underwhelmed with much of the episodes lately, but this episode was actually perfection. No nasty imagery, thank god. Hilarious plot and jokes. Great interactions with all characters involved. This episode was made for me!

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast

Alright, with that small prayer out of the way, let’s start “Squidward’s Sick Daze”. This episode starts with a gorgeous background alert, or at least a very atmospheric one. That’s always a good sign. Poor Squidward is having a very annoying day at work, with water leaking on him, customers raging (including some guy trauma dumping lol), and SpongeBob being his annoying (to Squidward) self. Clearly, we’re making our recipe for disaster here. I really like how this beginning bit builds up the feeling of being overwhelmed that Squidward’s facing. Very artfully done, without actually annoying the audience too! Major props, it’s very easy to make that mistake. And as it turns out, this was simply a dream. Now that’s relatable, because I too have anxiety dreams.

Squidward decides that he’s going to stay home that day, and not go to work. Many a days I’ve felt like this. Man, Squidward is being very relatable in this episode. Feels like me right now actually, though I am typing this out while at work (college campus jobs are the best). Mr. Krabs is onto Squidward’s ruse immediately, especially considering he literally sticks his eye through the phone. Squidward’s a rookie…when you fake calling in sick, you have to fully perform it (laying in bed, having tissues around, hand on head). It makes you sound even sicker than you’d think. I’m not speaking from experience (I’m actually not, though one time I did kind of lie about being sick while at work so…I’m more hardcore).

Mr. Krabs ain’t gonna let Squidward get away with faking being sick on his watch. When Squidward opens the door to Mr. Krabs just standing like this, I literally laughed out loud. Like why is he standing like that??? Something about this is very, very funny. It’s like he’s an NPC. See, Mr. Krabs is here because he wants Squidward to get “better”…so he offers him treatment in the form of SpongeBob acting like a doctor. Ooh Mr. Krabs you devious man. SpongeBob is the perfect amount of charming and creepy little weirdo. Like his enthusiasm when painting the picture is cute, but then when it turns out that he painted Squidward as a baby and him feeding him…oh SpongeBob you creepy little dude. I love it. And, this episode serves as fuel to my anti-SquidBob agenda so that’s another win.

Squidward tries to enjoy his sick day, but of course SpongeBob smothers him in care. He can’t even make a strudel in peace. SpongeBob’s commitment to helping Squidward feel better is quite endearing, and funny. I’m sure this will end with Squidward being actually sick, predicting it now (though I’ve actually already seen this episode…I don’t remember the end however). Also the way SpongeBob casually pulls out a saw to dissect Squidward is hilarious. I curse the fact that I am at work right now and cannot react the way I wish to. Anyway, Squidward makes up a disease, but of course it exists and has quite a bit of interesting “cures” that are then forced onto Squidward. I just love a good episode with Squidward screaming all over the place. It’s the simple things. And this episode delivers superbly. The last bit with the urchin was actually so funny, the way Tom Kenny delivers “guess again~” is perfect. Some excellent TrollBob here.

Finally, Squidward is taken back to the Krusty Krab after being “cured”, much to Mr. Krabs’ amusement. Remind me not to BS Mr. Krabs. Though, as it turns out, Squidward became quite handsome (return of the king) after all of this. Because he’s been cleared of all the sickness in his body, including the sickness of his job. Maybe SpongeBob should be a doctor after all! Mr. Krabs’ shocked face is hilarious. Squidward loses his handsomeness pretty quickly after starting back at his job, though. You win some, you lose some. And Squidward…he almost always loses.

“Squidward’s Sick Daze” was just what the doctor ordered (sorry, had to). I feel like I’ve been underwhelmed with much of the episodes lately, but this episode was actually perfection. No nasty imagery, thank god. Hilarious plot and jokes. Great interactions with all characters involved. This episode was made for me!

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.5/10
Personally I am not a fan of this one but I can see why you like it

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
glad to see another person who enjoys this episode, it's very fun
Yeah a lot of people don't seem to like this one (and it's so weird that this episode has 4 pages of discussion while most others don't even have more than one).

Back