268a. A Place for Pets

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff

Episode was ok and a nice twist at the end with the health inspector. I feel like Mr Krabs needs to tone it down a bit, though.

Last edited:

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
If so, that guy, Rocky, AND the SECOND appearance of Nosferatu in the post-sequel episodes prove that SpongeBob relies too much on old characters. ESPECIALLY Nosferatu. His appearance in Graveyard Shift is all we needed. Using him in The Night Patty broke the joke, and this is the six feet of dirt on top of it.

Look at Space Ghost. They didn't bring back characters like Your Mother or MOE 2000, or even Leonard Ghostal, in later episodes. They did bring back Sisto in The Brak Show, but he's actually related to Brak and could serve a major role in the Space Ghost saga. I do wish they kept Chad Ghostal one-shot, though. Being an evil beatnik is funny and all, but I prefer his original voice in "Jerk" to his voice in subsequent appearances. Even Swayzak from Toonami wasn't ever brought back, aside to being the punchline to a joke in a game review two years later. (And as much as I love that character, I understand why he won't come back.) Tansit was a one-shot character in the 1960s Space Ghost cartoon as well.

Things randomly appearing is SpongeBob in a nutshell. So why are they killing the joke by bringing Nosferatu back? I swear, the day they bring the Volcano Sauce Drop back is the day I commit seppuku. (Oh god, I shouldn't be giving them any ideas...)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It was ok. I liked the song, and the plot was interesting. I didn't really like how Squidward was sick and constantly sneezing and stuff, and I didn't like the ending, but it was alright.

6/10

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
This one was a bit too much for me. They included too many characters for it to be a cohesive plot. They need to slow down and quit it with the gross out snot humor. This was weird...I don't like this one at all. The show has changed so much it's hard to watch sometimes. And this is coming from someone who likes all seasons 1-9. Can they quit it with the one-off characters being brought back? Destroys their purpose. The walrus guy, the sea bears, nosferatu, bull worm, etc.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
It felt like there was a conscious effort to return to 9B levels of weirdness for these premiere episodes, which is welcome to see after 4 years of flying brains and clown forests and whatnot. Having all the pets they could think of showing up made it feel like a warm get-together, and the song pretty cute. The story could’ve been more focused, but I was keen on the extra earnestness here.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Yeah, I agree with a lot of people saying that they're sick of one off characters returning, it doesn't work, and comes off as forced. As for the episode, it was pretty dry and forgettable. I barley remember anything about the episode besides the "Place for Pets" song at the end. 4/10

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
I thought that the Nosferatu callback worked better here than it did in The Night Patty, because it was out of nowhere and just lasted a second like his original appearance.
But it STILL destroys the purpose of the character. Also, Graveyard Shift was horror themed. This episode has nothing to do with horror, so why was he even in it?

STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM A RECURRING CHARACTER; HE IS ONLY A SPONGEBOB CHARACTER AT THE MOST BASIC LEVEL!!

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I think this was a great episode. I liked the song. 8/10

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
Wow, this is 286a in both airing and production order haven't had that in a while

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode was decent. The plot was okay. Although, the twist at the end involving the fire chief was forced and kinda killed the ending, Poor Krabs...
6/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty funny episode only the bad part was the red mist squidward reference i actually like the animation and the song is good what a great way to start a season!

Under The Small Top (11/10)
Pat The Dog: (10/10)
A Place For Pets (9/10)
Lockdown For Love (8/10)
Squidward's Sick Daze (2/10)

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
i liked the part where morbius comes in and morbs the entire room, resulting in the krusty krab allowing pets

i was originally gonna make it a 7/10 but the morbius cameo makes it a solid 10/10

Back