267a. Krusty Koncessionaires

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I liked it. Personally I'm a fan of episodes that 1) Exude pure and utter chaos, and 2) Have different little subplots going on. I thought this episode was pretty funny and I just liked the energy of it, but I realize that chaotic, crazy episodes aren't for everyone. One thing I didn't like in this episode, though, was Patrick. His one or two jokes weren't really funny, and he was pretty much useless in the episode, especially considering how he didn't even appear at the end, just randomly in the middle.

I'll need to watch the episode again to have a really accurate review, but for now I'd say it's around an 8/10, +/- some decimal amount, don't know what that is though.

Also, as a last note, I think this episode is benefitted greatly by its sister episode. They balance each other out a lot, and I appreciate that. SpongeBob should do more tie-in episodes, as well as more 16 minute and then 6 minute episodes. Swamp Mates and One Trick Sponge also had this type of thing going on, but not in such a direct way.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
It wasn't that bad, I liked the subplots and the gross out humor/wacky expressive animation was very minimal this time around. I enjoyed the subplots besides Mr. Krabs'. His was just plain stupid and boring. SpongeBob was chill, Patrick was mild. Squidward actually won in the end and nobody acted out of character. One of the better episodes of the brutal season.
7.5-8.0 /10

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
It wasn't that bad, I liked the subplots and the gross out humor/wacky expressive animation was very minimal this time around. I enjoyed the subplots besides Mr. Krabs'. His was just plain stupid and boring. SpongeBob was chill, Patrick was mild. Squidward actually won in the end and nobody acted out of character. One of the better episodes of the brutal season.
7.5-8.0 /10
Why didn't you like Mr. Krabs's subplot?

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I wouldn't call this one of the best episodes of the series, but I can see why people like it. There's a handful of good jokes, and Squidward wins in the end. It has an alright plot and it works as an extended episode, but I think it could've used a few more jokes and the stuff with Patrick wasn't funny and felt like filler. The ending was a bit abrupt as well.

8/10

I give it an 8/10, which is good but not great. It's mostly held back because the good qualities aren't that good, rather than being held back by flaws with the episode.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I liked it. Personally I'm a fan of episodes that 1) Exude pure and utter chaos, and 2) Have different little subplots going on. I thought this episode was pretty funny and I just liked the energy of it, but I realize that chaotic, crazy episodes aren't for everyone. One thing I didn't like in this episode, though, was Patrick. His one or two jokes weren't really funny, and he was pretty much useless in the episode, especially considering how he didn't even appear at the end, just randomly in the middle.

I'll need to watch the episode again to have a really accurate review, but for now I'd say it's around an 8/10, +/- some decimal amount, don't know what that is though.

Also, as a last note, I think this episode is benefitted greatly by its sister episode. They balance each other out a lot, and I appreciate that. SpongeBob should do more tie-in episodes, as well as more 16 minute and then 6 minute episodes. Swamp Mates and One Trick Sponge also had this type of thing going on, but not in such a direct way.

Coming up on our penultimate episode of season 12, we’ve got “Krusty Koncessionaires”, which as you can see, I was there for the premiere of. And I do in fact remember that one, because I remember sitting in my dorm watching the stream we did here on the site. That was fun. And obviously the same goes for this episode’s sister too, but we’ll get to that one later of course. You know, I called this one and its sister a 16-6 episode pair, but it’s actually a 14-8 pair. Quite interesting. And one last thing, this is one of those “Krusty K___” episode titles that I enjoy. That is all.

This episode takes place at a concert for the Low Tides, as Mr. Krabs’ newest way to make money is about selling concessions at concerts. And Squidward somewhat channels my energy with his first line here about not believing that this band would come to Bikini Bottom. I feel the same way about a lot of people that I’ve seen live this year, but not because my city is backwater lol. We’re just not a popular locale. Anyway, while SpongeBob and Squidward do hard labor, Mr. Krabs is going to try and illegally bring an advertisement to the stage. And I agree with Squidward, that’s a horrible advertisement. I thought I was on r/don’tdeadopeninside for a second.

Squidward becomes quite enamored with the thought of going backstage, as it makes him feel like a star. You know what this means, right? This episode’s about to be like the other “Krusty K____” episode I adore, “Krusty Kleaners”, because we’re about to have some subplots! As I mentioned in my original review of this episode, I do quite love a good episode with lots of different little plots going on. I loved the voice actor easter eggs in this part. Also the way that both Mr. Krabs and Squidward encounter these funny security guards is great. Anyway, Squidward suddenly encounters Patrick…sorry, just got “Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom” flashbacks. I can already tell this episode will be better though, so I’m not worried. Of course, Patrick has that same plot armor as always with these episodes…he’s friends with the security guard and that friendship doesn’t extend to Squidward. Here it’s a lot funnier though because unlike the aforementioned episode, Squidward here has not already gotten some torment, AND Patrick is not the most annoying character alive. See, it’s two-fold.

Squidward eventually finds Clair St. Clair’s clarinet, right as the concert begins…so he’s forced to hide as a bass, being played by the band’s blind bass player. The slapstick…it is strong with this episode. SpongeBob, for his part, simply enjoys giving out concessions. And this is of course filled with fun animation and lots of joy. And lots of ignoring physics…and TARDIS logic. SpongeBob feeds his whole section quickly, so he’s forced to take over Squidward’s. SpongeBob has the easiest time of everyone here (other than Patrick). As for Mr. Krabs, he struggles quite a bit to get on the stage. And it is fun to laugh at his misery. The beach ball joke was continually hilarious.

Things eventually collide for all the plots once the concert gets going. The Feeding Frenzy song was pretty good, can’t lie. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs both end up on the stage at the same time. SpongeBob ends up messing up the concert by shooting these literal flying projectiles at the band lol, and it ends up causing more chaos with Mr. Krabs popping the inflatable. Which eventually frees Squidward from his bass prison. And it all ends with Mr. Krabs messing up his own advertisement…well that reminds me of that one Gravity Falls scene. Anyway, I love how this scene ends, with Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Squidward all playing a little song together. So fun! And the animation is really cute. Unfortunately, because everyone in Bikini Bottom knows not to trust Squidward with a clarinet, none of them get to see him play good for once. But he gets validation from his idol, so we still get a win…and a fantastic joke involving Squidward’s spirit ascending, and capitalism I mean, Mr. Krabs, dragging him back down.

“Krusty Koncessionaires” was a great episode. Just hilarious all the way through. And again, I love all the different plot lines, they helped make this 14 minute episode worth every minute. In many ways, this episode is like a long-delayed apology for “Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom”. And in that case, I accept, because this is a good one.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast

Coming up on our penultimate episode of season 12, we’ve got “Krusty Koncessionaires”, which as you can see, I was there for the premiere of. And I do in fact remember that one, because I remember sitting in my dorm watching the stream we did here on the site. That was fun. And obviously the same goes for this episode’s sister too, but we’ll get to that one later of course. You know, I called this one and its sister a 16-6 episode pair, but it’s actually a 14-8 pair. Quite interesting. And one last thing, this is one of those “Krusty K___” episode titles that I enjoy. That is all.

This episode takes place at a concert for the Low Tides, as Mr. Krabs’ newest way to make money is about selling concessions at concerts. And Squidward somewhat channels my energy with his first line here about not believing that this band would come to Bikini Bottom. I feel the same way about a lot of people that I’ve seen live this year, but not because my city is backwater lol. We’re just not a popular locale. Anyway, while SpongeBob and Squidward do hard labor, Mr. Krabs is going to try and illegally bring an advertisement to the stage. And I agree with Squidward, that’s a horrible advertisement. I thought I was on r/don’tdeadopeninside for a second.

Squidward becomes quite enamored with the thought of going backstage, as it makes him feel like a star. You know what this means, right? This episode’s about to be like the other “Krusty K____” episode I adore, “Krusty Kleaners”, because we’re about to have some subplots! As I mentioned in my original review of this episode, I do quite love a good episode with lots of different little plots going on. I loved the voice actor easter eggs in this part. Also the way that both Mr. Krabs and Squidward encounter these funny security guards is great. Anyway, Squidward suddenly encounters Patrick…sorry, just got “Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom” flashbacks. I can already tell this episode will be better though, so I’m not worried. Of course, Patrick has that same plot armor as always with these episodes…he’s friends with the security guard and that friendship doesn’t extend to Squidward. Here it’s a lot funnier though because unlike the aforementioned episode, Squidward here has not already gotten some torment, AND Patrick is not the most annoying character alive. See, it’s two-fold.

Squidward eventually finds Clair St. Clair’s clarinet, right as the concert begins…so he’s forced to hide as a bass, being played by the band’s blind bass player. The slapstick…it is strong with this episode. SpongeBob, for his part, simply enjoys giving out concessions. And this is of course filled with fun animation and lots of joy. And lots of ignoring physics…and TARDIS logic. SpongeBob feeds his whole section quickly, so he’s forced to take over Squidward’s. SpongeBob has the easiest time of everyone here (other than Patrick). As for Mr. Krabs, he struggles quite a bit to get on the stage. And it is fun to laugh at his misery. The beach ball joke was continually hilarious.

Things eventually collide for all the plots once the concert gets going. The Feeding Frenzy song was pretty good, can’t lie. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs both end up on the stage at the same time. SpongeBob ends up messing up the concert by shooting these literal flying projectiles at the band lol, and it ends up causing more chaos with Mr. Krabs popping the inflatable. Which eventually frees Squidward from his bass prison. And it all ends with Mr. Krabs messing up his own advertisement…well that reminds me of that one Gravity Falls scene. Anyway, I love how this scene ends, with Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Squidward all playing a little song together. So fun! And the animation is really cute. Unfortunately, because everyone in Bikini Bottom knows not to trust Squidward with a clarinet, none of them get to see him play good for once. But he gets validation from his idol, so we still get a win…and a fantastic joke involving Squidward’s spirit ascending, and capitalism I mean, Mr. Krabs, dragging him back down.

“Krusty Koncessionaires” was a great episode. Just hilarious all the way through. And again, I love all the different plot lines, they helped make this 14 minute episode worth every minute. In many ways, this episode is like a long-delayed apology for “Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom”. And in that case, I accept, because this is a good one.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10
Wow! I am with you here I laughed at this episode beginning to end and this episode is also my favorite of the series

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Wow! I am with you here I laughed at this episode beginning to end and this episode is also my favorite of the series
I thought this one was your favorite, I feel like I've seen you mention that before. Yeah, this was a good one. Definitely better than I gave it credit for originally.

Back