25b. Patty Hype

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I liked it ! I laughed when Mr.Krabs said to the customer that was starving at the beggining ''You have money right??'' it cracked me up ...Or like SpongeBob being dressed as an angel ''Mr.Krabs I have an iiiideaaaa'' :P Or Squidward and Mr.Krabs laughing at SpongeBob that was funny too...Funny episode....and strange.. but whatever it's SpongeBob .. ;) I give this an 8/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This episode is surprisingly not talked about much and is kinda underrated which is weird because I thought everyone remembered this episode. Anyway I really enjoyed this episode, it had a unique plot, good jokes and the characters were good here (even the Bikini Bottomites).

9/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
It's great, Not the best but it's still a very memorable episode with some really funny jokes, and a great story.

8.5/10

This episode doesn't get enough love. It's one of favorite Season 2 episodes. It's really fun for SpongeBob to prove Mr. Krabs wrong in this. Plus I also love Patrick here. He seems so supportive of SpongeBob. Oh, and this episode is really funny.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Big Pink Loser (A+)
3. Dying For Pie (A)
4. Squid's Day Off (A)
5. Imitation Krabs (B)
6. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
7. Something Smells (B)
8. Wormy (C)
9. Bossy Boots (C)
10. Bubble Buddy (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I actually really liked this one. It was really funny, and the plot was executed extremely well. It was also nice seeing Mr. Krabs get his comeuppance at the end and seeing Spongebob be able to prove him wrong. My only nitpick about this episode is how Squidward and Patrick kinda just disappear from the episode at some point. I feel like the episode could've been even better if they were more involved. As it stands, though, this episode is still really great.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squid's Day Off (8)
6. Imitation Krabs (8)
7. Wormy (8)
8. Bossy Boots (6)
9. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
10. Bubble Buddy (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
10/10

Fifth favorite of season 2. This has a creative plot, with funny jokes, and a very nice ring to it. It does have a little bit of a barebones beginning, but the rest makes up for it. I don't know why, but I laughed at Patrick giving away free money. Plus, the part when SpongeBob gets his first customer was really nice for some reason.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is one i actually didnt enjoy because its really boring and i dislike the idea no idea why i hate i just do!

Rating: Sucky

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
Patty Hype (Sucky)
Wormy (Pathetic)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Patty Hype" is a very...liminal episode to me. Does anyone else get that feeling when watching it? I don't know, I just think the set pieces in this episode feel so...empty, and then there is that one morbid joke...maybe it's all just in my head. This is hardly related to my thoughts on the episode, but I just wanted to bring it up.

To start the review properly, "Patty Hype" is a really good episode. The beginning is great, with a good view of the abandoned Krusty Krab. The bit with the customer is a great joke to properly start the episode with, because honestly Incidental 42 is so real for that (yes I do have the SpongeBob Wiki open as a type this review, I do the same with every review I write, it helps me get my thoughts in order). Also, the whole talking dog thing, both iterations of the joke, is just too funny.

Once again, SpongeBob is very cute in this episode. The whole Pretty Patty idea is just very pure and so SpongeBob. Funnier is Mr. Krabs' immediate reaction to burn the colored sandwiches. However, Mr. Krabs and Squidward are most definitely jerkwads in this episode, and let's just say karma's a witch. I love that SpongeBob has a backbone here though. Honestly, this episode is great for people like me who like to see nice people not be pushovers, and rude people get their just desserts. A good bit of comeuppance will always please me greatly. And I think that's where the majority of my enjoyment of this episode comes from.

Patrick proves to be a great friend again in this episode, joining SpongeBob in his patty stand with very little convincing. A true ride or die friend.

This episode has to be some kind of commentary on corporate greed and capitalism, I refuse to believe it isn't. Either way, the part where all the customers get mad at Mr. Krabs is hilarious with some great visual gags (especially the guy who just turned all the lights off somehow, and then the fact that they continued the scene with the lights off) that was pretty funny. I really don't have much to say other than that, the episode ends with Mr. Krabs getting his just desserts, and SpongeBob having the time of his life with those pickle slices.

Also, fun fact about this episode, but "Patty Hype" is the episode that names my favorite Incidental, Tom! He's better known as the Chocolate Guy. When I get to that episode, I can explain more about the personal significance of Tom for me, I suppose. But I will say that this episode is special to me because not only does Tom get named, but we see him and Fred, my second favorite Incidental, interact (and Fred gets named here too!).

Also also, this episode is a bit of a timebottle, because it's the source of the confused Mr. Krabs meme which was popular so many years ago. Ah, simpler times.

I have no problems with this episode whatsoever, and I find it to be pretty funny and wholesome. The only thing I don't like about this episode is that it kind of forgets about the existence of not just one (Squidward) but two (Patrick) characters, which bothers me slightly because I feel like they could've been used more. But that's neither here nor there. This episode is still in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

Back