25a. Wormy

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
This is one of my favorites of Season 2, The butterfly close ups are really funny, and all the character's freaking out makes this episode hit gold in my opinion.

9.5/10

It's alright. I've honestly never really been too much of a fan of this one. I think it could have been funnier and better executed, personally.

Ranking so far:
1. Big Pink Loser (A+)
2. Dying For Pie (A)
3. Squid's Day Off (A)
4. Imitation Krabs (B)
5. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
6. Something Smells (B)
7. Wormy (C)
8. Bossy Boots (C)
9. Bubble Buddy (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I like it. It's pretty funny, and seeing the whole town go awry because of this butterfly is so ridiculous you have to love it. The writing is also pretty clever. My main problem with this episode is that it does feel a little dull near the beginning. I feel like it could be cut down a bit. Other than that it's pretty solid.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Big Pink Loser (9)
4. Squid's Day Off (8)
5. Imitation Krabs (8)
6. Wormy (8)
7. Bossy Boots (6)
8. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
9. Bubble Buddy (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
9/10

This used to be my favorite of season 2. I loved the plot, the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick were playing with the worm was heartwarming, the bikini bottomites are stupid, but funny, which is a pretty unlikely case. I don't love it as much anymore, just like with Sleepy Time in season 1, but it is still a good episode.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

Yoshi

Giant Clam
I will act out the best part!
A friend is a friend
'Til the end of the end
That's forever and a day
So with you by the side
I will not say goodbye
Come what may
'Cause that's what friends do
That's what friends do
'Cause That's what friends do
That's what friends do
That's what friends do

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I hate this one... The jokes were nice but the idea is dumb and The real life close ups scared me! I hope i never have watch this episode again!

Rating: Pathetic

Rankings:
Dying For Pie (Golden)
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Imitation Krabs (Superb)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)
Wormy (Pathetic)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
When I was a kid, I used to be scared of this episode, for rather obvious reasons. Listen, those close-ups combined with the horrible buzzing sounds...I just couldn't do it! Anyway, to be more on topic, "Wormy" is a very fun episode that I enjoy quite a lot, despite my past fears of it. It's funny, I think my formerly being scared of this episode helps me feel more nostalgic towards it, probably because it was on my mind more as a kid since I would think about how I was scared of it lol.

This episode is a great mix of funny, absurd, chaotic, and wholesome. I'd say the beginning is probably the slowest part? But like that lasts maybe 30 seconds haha, so I don't have a problem with it. SpongeBob and Patrick's instant attachment to Wormy is endearing and adorable. Also, I think it's funny that the literal caterpillar is called Wormy haha. The two best friends' montage of playing with Wormy is cute, complete with some great music. Seriously, what's with season 2 so far and having these one-off songs that are legitimately really good?

Moving on, the episode gets hilariously dark when SpongeBob and Patrick assume that the butterfly had eaten Wormy, and start to run for their own lives. It's a great use of dramatic irony. Even better that the premise of this episode is based on something we find to be relatively mundane (well, I think it's super cool that a glorified worm can grow wings but you know what I mean), which is a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I mean we start learning about that when we're little children. I love episodes like these that emphasize that these characters very much live in a different world than we do. Anyway, I find the scene of SpongeBob and Patrick in the treedome with the butterfly to be thoroughly entertaining.

A gag I really like in this episode is the "secret entrance" bit. I have a tendency to explain a joke when I'm talking about why I find it funny, but guess what, I don't care, so I'm going to sit here and explain why I like this joke lmao. Okay I just love that this borderline fast food restaurant supposedly has a secret entrance, and then it turns out it's the most obvious-looking rock in the middle of the dining floor. It's just absurd and one of those one-off gags that I love. So yeah, that's why I love it. Second best shortcut/secret entrance gag (that I can remember right now). SpongeBob and Patrick's interrupting of Mr. Krabs and Squidward leads to a pretty funny visual gag followed by some good banter. I also love that even Mr. Krabs and Squidward, the ones who are above childishness and foolishness (for the most part) are also scared out of their minds by this little butterfly.

From there, the episode becomes beautiful chaos as SpongeBob and Patrick rile up the town. I'm sure some people find this sequence repetitive but I certainly don't, and it's filled with some great gags as well (like the traffic light) which spruces things up. I'm a sucker for chaos that still follows social order, if you get what I mean. The world of SpongeBob SquarePants feels more complete when it involves all of Bikini Bottom like this, so I appreciate the whole town's inclusion in this episode.

Even if it is abrupt, I like this episode's ending (animation errors and all) as well. I love how the whole town's been ravaged because of mass hysteria over this little butterfly, and I love how Sandy easily takes care of the problem. I do wonder if Sandy ever explained to SpongeBob and Patrick that the butterfly was Wormy. Apparently she did in the LeapPad adaptation of this episode lol.

Clearly, I have no problems with "Wormy". It's fun, constantly engaging, and wonderfully chaotic and wholesome all at the same time. For these reasons, it has definitely earned a spot in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
When I was a kid, I used to be scared of this episode, for rather obvious reasons. Listen, those close-ups combined with the horrible buzzing sounds...I just couldn't do it! Anyway, to be more on topic, "Wormy" is a very fun episode that I enjoy quite a lot, despite my past fears of it. It's funny, I think my formerly being scared of this episode helps me feel more nostalgic towards it, probably because it was on my mind more as a kid since I would think about how I was scared of it lol.

This episode is a great mix of funny, absurd, chaotic, and wholesome. I'd say the beginning is probably the slowest part? But like that lasts maybe 30 seconds haha, so I don't have a problem with it. SpongeBob and Patrick's instant attachment to Wormy is endearing and adorable. Also, I think it's funny that the literal caterpillar is called Wormy haha. The two best friends' montage of playing with Wormy is cute, complete with some great music. Seriously, what's with season 2 so far and having these one-off songs that are legitimately really good?

Moving on, the episode gets hilariously dark when SpongeBob and Patrick assume that the butterfly had eaten Wormy, and start to run for their own lives. It's a great use of dramatic irony. Even better that the premise of this episode is based on something we find to be relatively mundane (well, I think it's super cool that a glorified worm can grow wings but you know what I mean), which is a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I mean we start learning about that when we're little children. I love episodes like these that emphasize that these characters very much live in a different world than we do. Anyway, I find the scene of SpongeBob and Patrick in the treedome with the butterfly to be thoroughly entertaining.

A gag I really like in this episode is the "secret entrance" bit. I have a tendency to explain a joke when I'm talking about why I find it funny, but guess what, I don't care, so I'm going to sit here and explain why I like this joke lmao. Okay I just love that this borderline fast food restaurant supposedly has a secret entrance, and then it turns out it's the most obvious-looking rock in the middle of the dining floor. It's just absurd and one of those one-off gags that I love. So yeah, that's why I love it. Second best shortcut/secret entrance gag (that I can remember right now). SpongeBob and Patrick's interrupting of Mr. Krabs and Squidward leads to a pretty funny visual gag followed by some good banter. I also love that even Mr. Krabs and Squidward, the ones who are above childishness and foolishness (for the most part) are also scared out of their minds by this little butterfly.

From there, the episode becomes beautiful chaos as SpongeBob and Patrick rile up the town. I'm sure some people find this sequence repetitive but I certainly don't, and it's filled with some great gags as well (like the traffic light) which spruces things up. I'm a sucker for chaos that still follows social order, if you get what I mean. The world of SpongeBob SquarePants feels more complete when it involves all of Bikini Bottom like this, so I appreciate the whole town's inclusion in this episode.

Even if it is abrupt, I like this episode's ending (animation errors and all) as well. I love how the whole town's been ravaged because of mass hysteria over this little butterfly, and I love how Sandy easily takes care of the problem. I do wonder if Sandy ever explained to SpongeBob and Patrick that the butterfly was Wormy. Apparently she did in the LeapPad adaptation of this episode lol.

Clearly, I have no problems with "Wormy". It's fun, constantly engaging, and wonderfully chaotic and wholesome all at the same time. For these reasons, it has definitely earned a spot in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10
this episode traumatized me

Back