256a. SpongeBob in RandomLand

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Discuss and rate this episode.
This was a very good episode. They even did a Squidward’s Sucide reference. I liked the weirdness in the episode. 9.5/10

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The episode's plot is kind of forgettable and not very funny, but the cool visuals and that weird drug trip part towards the end put this up higher.

Eh Episode (6.5/10)

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
It was good, I liked Bad Habit better but the Randomland Hula dance and Red Mist squidward (lmao) references were great. Apparently red mist was cut in UK (UK always cuts stuff nowdays smh) also thank Adam for that reference

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
My favorite part was the Cartoonified version of the image of Red Mist Squidward that has black ink leaking out of his eyes instead of the red stuff. . .

With "Are you happy now" existing, and now This; there is no way that the Spongebob Crew HASN'T noticed that Infamous Spongebob Creepypasta by now. . .

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
I wonder how many people who don't know the Squidward Suicide Creepypasta will feel about the reference.

With that mention out of the way, I like the episode. There are a lot of funny moments and it simply felt like an exciting episode.
I might get some flak for this, but I think I'd watch this episode over Pizza Delivery (that episode is overrated if you ask me)

Rating: 7 whatever you wants out of 10

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I've only seen this episode once so far, but I have enjoyed this episode quite a lot. I was actually looking forward to this episode, since it would be similar to the classic Bob Clampett short Porky in Wackyland from 1938. I was NOT disappointed with the final product.

While I found Squidward mean occasionally in this episode, his overall depiction is decent. SpongeBob was funnier to watch, however. He really enjoyed the environment, much like I did.

Good episode. (8/10)

Lizstaria

Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formuoli
I really enjoyed this episode. It was pretty unique in my opinion! I think it was funny that it was censored

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Loved that Acknowledge of the Red Mist Creepypasta(Which may or may not have been the inspiration behind "Are you happy now") with a Cameo from Red Mist Squidward!!

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I wonder how many people who don't know the Squidward Suicide Creepypasta will feel about the reference.

With that mention out of the way, I like the episode. There are a lot of funny moments and it simply felt like an exciting episode.
I might get some flak for this, but I think I'd watch this episode over Pizza Delivery (that episode is overrated if you ask me)

Rating: 7 whatever you wants out of 10
I Thought Pizza Delivery was Funny when I watched it!! though Squidward standing up for spongebob and being angered & hurt when spongebob was insulted by that ungrateful Customer, was Rather Out-Of-Character for him; Because If it was his MODERN Day Self; He'd just be laughing at his Misery. . .

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Opinion update!

I actually rather disliked this one the jokes might've been funny but this episode barely even has an actual PLOT! This episode also kinda bored me out and seemed too random and weird for my taste so i hate this episode!

Rating: 3/10 Terrible

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think the episode is pretty interesting and fun. RandomLand is a fun idea. It's cool seeing all of the weird creatures, interesting visuals, and weird events. But I also think the RandomLand idea is a bit too out there for SpongeBob. Still pretty fun though. It's awesome that the writers referenced and acknowledged "Red Mist." That was the highlight of the episode for me. But it sucks that it later ended up being censored. It was replaced with a baby Squidward going in its diaper. I think that's also kind of inappropriate but whatever. And did they really make a reference instead to that awful Squid Baby episode? I don't really have a lot more to say about the episode. But overall I think the episode is fun and interesting, but a bit too weird for the show.

SuperJasonOfficial

Baby Clam
This episode is weird but creative at the same time! My favorite part is obviously the Red Mist reference!

I'll give it a ?/10 (I can't decide)

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This is a perfect example of how much they overdo the wacky facial expressions these days. I couldn’t even pay attention to the episode during the first 5 minutes because the faces were so distracting, and I was annoyed by them for a majority of the episode. Most of the things that happen in Randomland aren’t even random. I’m not sure who needs to hear this, but unusual does not equal random. Almost much everything that happens is either stupid, unusual or both, with a few random things scattered here and there. And whether they included the Red Mist scene or not, there’s no point in having that scene at all; it’s just a lame attempt to build conflict. Oh no! How will SpongeBob & Squidward get home now??? They just stand there for about 8 seconds and then the customer opens the right door and they follow him. And that fake out with the guy being the customer and not Mr. Krabs was obvious the second he appeared on screen.

1/10

A lousy episode that doesn't really do anything to stick out over the other episodes where SpongeBob & Squidward deliver food.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“SpongeBob in RandomLand” is an episode I’ve always liked. It reminds me of “Squidward in Clarinetland”, down to the title!

Coming fresh off the heels of “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout”, I like how regular this episode is. Though it does stand out because of the location featured in this one. But anyway, this episode is basically “Pizza Delivery” on crack. And I love that. SpongeBob and Squidward are enlisted to deliver a Krusty Krab order to RandomLand, a place that you have to be kooky enough to get to. And this requirement gives us lots of cool visual gags, so I love that too.

Speaking of visuals, I love the look of RandomLand. It’s quite random. I love a world with topsy-turvy rules. And because that is the bulk of quite a bit of this episode, I don’t think I’m going to be saying very much here. We just get lots of cool visuals, and lots of cool gags. I love how SpongeBob and Squidward get more and more random.

Y’all already know I wasn’t gonna not talk about this. RED MIST REFERENCED BY THE SHOW????? Hello??? Man when I first saw this I didn’t know what to do, I was laughing and sitting there with my jaw on the floor because I never, ever would’ve expected an episode of this show to reference its most famous creepypasta. I know that this reference has since been changed to a far less amusing Squidward baby joke, but we all still know what the original was. I adore that.

Yeah yeah, I didn’t say much about “SpongeBob in RandomLand”. To be fair, I watched “SpoongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout” right before this one, so I was a little exhausted. And besides, there truly ain’t much to discuss in this episode anyway. It was just fun and visually engaging.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

Back