252b. Dirty Bubble Returns

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked it. I liked the Clean Bubble. 8.5/10.

Bianca

Dreamlover
I really enjoyed this episode! I was honestly surprised by the amount of jokes that were in it. There were a few adult jokes in there as well, which make me laugh out loud. 10/10 for sure! I'd rewatch it.

TK22

Baby Clam
Best episode ever. Clean Bubble is such a cutiešŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ˜˜

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Iā€™ve gotta love an episode title that gets right to the point. ā€œDirty Bubble Returnsā€ is a pretty apt description of this episode, as itā€™s true, the Dirty Bubble does return! And Iā€™m reminded that I enjoy him as a character, just like Man Ray. Itā€™s nice to see a familiar face return to the show.

Speaking of the Dirty Bubble, they decide to give him some new gimmicks in this episode. Firstly, weā€™ve got the whole rhyming thing heā€™s doing, which is fun. And heā€™s also got more abilities, or more shown abilities. We also then see him clean, going by DB. I like the idea that the Dirty Bubble is only evil because of the dirt on him, it provides an interesting plot for the episode. Which, speaking of the plot, itā€™s pretty simple: DB tries hard to stay clean, but itā€™s hard, and so SpongeBob eventually helps him.

Itā€™s always fun when the Krusty Krab gets a new employee for an episode. DB is no exception. Of course Mr. Krabs makes him the dishwasher. At this point, is it specieism? Idk how Iā€™d spell that word. lol anyway, DB and SpongeBob easily befriend each other, but it doesnā€™t take long for SpongeBob to realize exactly who heā€™s talking to. I love this scene, first with SpongeBob just casually addressing the Dirty Bubble, and then with SpongeBob very nonchalantly realizing that DB and the Dirty Bubble are one in the same. SpongeBob proclaims that heā€™ll help DB stay cleanā€¦wonder how this is going to get messed up.

Okay, Mr. Krabs is really wickedā€¦making DB clean the toilet??? With just his body??? Thatā€™s nasty work. Anyway, I really liked the use of comic book art as the montage of SpongeBob trying to help DB stay clean. I thought that was a really nice, stylistic touch. But eventually, SpongeBob canā€™t stop the Dirty Bubble from getting dirty yet again, and so he goes on a rampageā€¦making everyone else clean. Maybe heā€™s not so much of a villain after all? Just kidding, heā€™s also got a penchant for destroying things.

We then get a minor action scene between SpongeBob and the Dirty Bubble, which ends up with SpongeBob trapped in the bubble. I love how when SpongeBob starts writing his will, it goes to Garyā€¦that was done for me specifically. Anyway, SpongeBob uses his absorbancy for good, defeating the Dirty Bubble quite handily. I like the return of that same cop from ā€œCall the Copsā€ too. And I love the brief SpongeBob-Dirty Bubble hybrid we get for a second.

ā€œDirty Bubble Returnsā€ was perfectly serviceable. Itā€™s possible that I was distracted while watching the episode, but I did not feel very invested at all. It was still enjoyable though.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.5/10

Back