24a. Dying for Pie

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
One of the best and most touching episodes of season 2. It is pretty dang funny but the character portrayals are what make it work. The humor is dark but it is handled well and SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are so lovable here 10/10.

ShayL

Imitation Krab
10/10 "GARY, YOU ARE GONNA FINISH YOUR DESSERT AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT!" Definitely one of my top favorites.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I like this episode quite a bit mostly because of showing Squidward's true character. Some of the jokes don't hit me as hard as most people, so I probably have this a little lower than most people do, but I like it.

9/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I do not need to explain why I love this episode, all of the members above said why :)

But I will say my favourite parts : SpongeBob's cry sweater, the WHOLE ending and list of SpongeBob with fun activities...Mr.Krabs falls into something and the restaurant EXPLODES :rofl: , Mr.Krabs crying when SpongeBob sees that Squidward imagines of what Mr.Krabs had said before..the ''cherry'' , ''blueberry'' pie that was actually a BOMB...so I loved basically everything..

I proudly give this a 10/10! :thumb1:

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Another hilarious classic. This episode is kinda heart-warming because it shows that deep in his heart Squidward really does care about SpongeBob and it's really sweet. The fact he does all those activities with SpongeBob felt worth it and the ending wasn't really that bad because you knew SpongeBob really wasn't going to die and there were really funny moments like SpongeBob making Squidward a sweater out of his own tears and Squidward "Exploding" at SpongeBob.

10/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I'm just gonna say that this is one of my favorite season 2 episodes, and it ranks within my top 5. The episode had it all: emotional, dark, cute, funny, heart-warming, you name it. I really like how it shows Squidward crying for SpongeBob because it reveals his true character beyond his grumpy, old self. I loved when SpongeBob and Squidward do all the activities together, and I especially appreciate how adorable was it to have SpongeBob showing off his friend Squidward in a salmon suit. This actually shows depth instead of the one-dimensional beings that we see many times before. Even if SpongeBob wasn't going to die in this episode, the part near the end with Squidward crying is really heartfelt and deep. Of course this episode has its share of funny moments including SpongeBob making a sweater out of his tears, SpongeBob and Squidward doing stuff together (including surgery), SpongeBob and Squidward watching the sunset, and the live action bomb explosion. Simply a fantastic episode with everything that I love. 10/10

Purdy

::dolphin noise::
i personally don't remember but i thought posting this would get me some humorous stories.
give me what you got

PinkPearl

insert title here
I actually remember going to the video store to rent one with this episode on it...that's why I picked that certain SB tape. It really intrigued me because it seemed like heavy material for Spongebob, but I knew they couldn't really kill him off. An episode about Spongebob's death seemed strangely fascinating. Ultimately, I thought the episode pulled it off well.

OWM

XD
I laughed. I knew it was just part of the story and Bikini Bottom would be back to normal next episode.

Back