24a. Dying for Pie

More

VIP
"You know, if I were to die right now in some fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend, well, that'd just be okay."

-SpongeBob SquarePants

This is a little heartwarming here, but then becomes instantly funny by the second explosion!

10/10

This is up next on my current list, just so you know.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
A perfect episode. This episode is one of Squidward's best appearances in the show. It was great how Squidward cared for SpongeBob. One of my favorite episodes and it is on my Top 5.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
This is one of my favorite episodes. "See ya later, Squidnator!"

Sweat

Banished
My third favorite episode next to Band Geeks and Squid's Day Off. It's a nearly perfect episode. In the beginning, there is a crapload of hilarious stuff that Squidward does for SpongeBob, but at the same time, you can see throughout the episode, especially in the ending, that Squidward really DOES care for SpongeBob.

10/10 for sure

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Anyone want a pie? This episode is an episode that I like.

OnlySaneMan

Imitation Krab
Just watched this episode the other day.Really great to see this episode again,I especially loved how Mr.Krabs seemed to show sympathy in this.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
There's not a single thing wrong with this episode. From beginning to end is pure genius.

- SpongeBob sliding down the KK window when Squidward arrives. His facial expression is key to this.
- Mr. Krabs in Squidward's thought cloud and SpongeBob interacting with it.
- Squidward exploding both ways at the end
- All the things on SpongeBob's list

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 2

Episode: Dying For Pie

This episode was awesome. I liked Squidward's sympathy for Spongebob (the near ending where he cries always touchs me). There were many jokes. 9.5/10

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I thought it was nice that Squidward was hoping and trying to make SB's "last days" fun and I that sunset scene was really pretty. Wasn't this the first episode to have that explosion stock effect?

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode needs to be appreciated a bit more. It's a strangely dark episode that can manage to be hilarious and great. 9/10

FictionMagician

Imitation Krab
^ Agreed. I actually think it's one of the high points of season two. The plot is a bit morose, but the way it plays out, you hardly even notice: it's incredibly well done (as opposed to 'One Coarse Meal'). Spongebob crying a sweater of tears for Squidward is heartbreakingly hilarious. And then when Squidward accidentally buys an explosive pie that he 'thinks' Spongebob has eaten? That sets the stage for one of funniest and most inspired sequence of events in the series. Mr. Krabs is also memorable in this one, with a couple of classic lines ("the boy cries you a sweater of tears and you kill him"). The way Squidward goes out of his way to make Spongebob's last days enjoyable is touching, but not as touching as when, in Spongebob's 'final' moments counting down the time until the sunset, he begins to cry. His reaction is understandable, given how Squidward would likely be going to prison for killing him. But of course, there's the ending, which is totally fitting. An excellent episode, one of the very best.

9.5/10

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
A really sweet episode with SpongeBob being adorable, Squidward actually caring and worrying, and just some good jokes all around :P

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
one of the best episodes of the series. i just watched it the other day, for the first time in years, and it made me laugh until i cried. it's dark and hilarious and heartwarming all at the same time. it's perfect.

"you could never pay me enough to act brotherly towards.....THAT GUY!"

10/10

Back